• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Nakamaru

Smash Master
I miss having a computer. : (

I'll be home next week for VBS. So i can't stay up late or do anything in the mornings, but god ****it i'm free all afternoon/evening. Smash/Magic/STERF!?

M@v

Subarashii!
glad to see things are still kickin smash wise

MAV/Jacob

make sure y'all advertise to Midwest(Ohio definitely) and to west virginia.
Ive already spread the word to like 5 of my ohio smash friends. I'll also try to promote smashtastrophe III the best I can. Smashtastrophe II was my 1st ever tourney, so I really want this one to be successful. . If I dont have work that day I should be good to come to it. Im so-so at melee, but whatever its fun as hell. I can bring a recording setup if I come.

And I really want to get more involved with the melee community around here. Im usually at State College, so I dont know too many of you guys.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Ive already spread the word to like 5 of my ohio smash friends. I'll also try to promote smashtastrophe III the best I can. Smashtastrophe II was my 1st ever tourney, so I really want this one to be successful. . If I dont have work that day I should be good to come to it. Im so-so at melee, but whatever its fun as hell. I can bring a recording setup if I come.

And I really want to get more involved with the melee community around here. Im usually at State College, so I dont know too many of you guys.
if you come to smashtastrophe i would play some brawl with you if you'd want. I dont mind that game too much. Also i bet i can get around 4-5 people from cf to come to this. I'll spread the word

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I think a good move would be to fuse the games at tourneys in the future

great turnouts occur if you can manage having both game events run for a day. Like running melee teams and brawl teams one day and then doing melee singles and brawl singles the next day.

From my experience with the scene teams isnt too popular unless the tourney is major. If I had the resources and lived in pittsburgh still I would hold brawl/melee singles for one day tourneys and hold whatever else like teams if theres time and for two days events I'd hold brawl/melee teams first followed by singles in both games. People are more likely to enter both if you do it like that.

Something held like this on a regular basis would do a hell of a good job at having melee'ers meet brawlers and will encourage participation in both games. I'd enter both if they were on the same day, its too convenient for SOME to turn down.

just some thoughts.

M@v

Subarashii!
The thing is,I started becoming interested in competitive smash right around when brawl came out, so I didnt play too much melee compteitively since everyone was going brawl. I like all the smash games equally, Im just a lot better at brawl than melee, because thats what I practice to compete in. i appreciate the offer though. I will definitely be down for smash64 matches though. I can bring my 64 actually.

@ swift

Last time I ran a tourney, it was in december(Final smash08). I had two days to work with, so I had time for melee and brawl. We got about 14 for melee, and 35 for brawl if i remember right. I only have 1 day this time because the venue is busy, and we all know how long brawl takes. If I had two days again it would of been melee/brawl.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
The thing is,I started becoming interested in competitive smash right around when brawl came out, so I didnt play too much melee compteitively since everyone was going brawl. I like all the smash games equally, Im just a lot better at brawl than melee, because thats what I practice to compete in. i appreciate the offer though. I will definitely be down for smash64 matches though. I can bring my 64 actually.

@ swift

Last time I ran a tourney, it was in december(Final smash08). I had two days to work with, so I had time for melee and brawl. We got about 14 for melee, and 35 for brawl if i remember right. I only have 1 day this time because the venue is busy, and we all know how long brawl takes. If I had two days again it would of been melee/brawl.
what im getting at is instead of dividing events by games dividing events by format(teams & singles). running brawl singles and melee singles in a day and leaving out teams.(unless you have two days or that there is such a high demand for teams which I would doubt.

M@v

Subarashii!
hmm I see what your getting at. Lets see how this current situation works out. but that might be a better option for future tourneys.

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Pgh-M@v-Pgh, that sounds like a good plan, and you, my friend, have your work cut out for you because we already have a venue that's ripe for the taking,. My friends and I will be making a thread within the next day or two to get it out to the smash public.

Anyone who can should bring setups, and recording equipment.
All that's left to say is to spread the word into Ohio and West VA, as Swift mentioned.

And I'm trying to put a face to your name. . . .have I met you before?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Soap, of all the days I wanted to smash with you, you just so happen to pick the day when I can't, WHY!!! (crying hysterically) WHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYY! I want to play you so bad. so just come to our tourney and bring your crew, but I think the rest of Butler can play on Saturday,

Yay Impp's coming, bring steve and some other smashers, cause the more the merrier

M@v

Subarashii!
Pgh-M@v-Pgh, that sounds like a good plan, and you, my friend, have your work cut out for you because we already have a venue that's ripe for the taking,. My friends and I will be making a thread within the next day or two to get it out to the smash public.

Anyone who can should bring setups, and recording equipment.
All that's left to say is to spread the word into Ohio and West VA, as Swift mentioned.

And I'm trying to put a face to your name. . . .have I met you before?
I got a venue already, dont worry about it. My thread has been up:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237750

As for what I look like, I was at the brawl day of smashtastrophe 2(I couldnt make the melee day because of work :L), and I hosted that final smash 08 tourney in december.

M@v

Subarashii!
The only thing that might hinder us is there's a tourney in north carolina the same weekend. We should still get central/western PA and Ohio out here. I already got a couple Easter PA, and possibly a couple of NY coming to mine.

ps I made a post in my tourney thread for smashtastrophe III

Vudujin

Smash Lord
8 HOURS. . . . . JESUS. that's really far away, well as long as your there in spirit, that's ok with me. Do you live in Connecticut nowadays?

TheLake

Smash Master
Xyt we were going to make a thread dedicated to asking you to come

*sigh* WAY TO BLOW THE SUPRISE

But seriously go

Swift i cant even drive but ill be ****ed if your missing this

Ill pick you up on camel... no johns

Top Bottom