• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

4% APR

Smash Champion
that sounds kind fun. Soap, would you mind taking me with you? It could be a nice little drive.

tim, kirby scout is too good

Vyke

Smash Champion
So, to use my Master Ball to catch an Uxie... or wait, exploit a glitch to catch Darkrai instead.

If I get into competitive pokemon, Darkrai is Uber tier while Uxie is OU. Uber doesn't mean banned, it just means it can only be used in Uber tier games. Standard doesn't allow any Uber tiers...

While Uxie is simply OU, meaning it is allowed. Hmm...

Edit: Too late, caught the Uxie. Not regretting it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
So, to use my Master Ball to catch an Uxie... or wait, exploit a glitch to catch Darkrai instead.

If I get into competitive pokemon, Darkrai is Uber tier while Uxie is OU. Uber doesn't mean banned, it just means it can only be used in Uber tier games. Standard doesn't allow any Uber tiers...

While Uxie is simply OU, meaning it is allowed. Hmm...
Why would you need a masterball for uxie? Mesprit was the real *****.

Vyke

Smash Champion
All three of the Psychic Trio have a catch rate of 3. Which is the hardest catch rating, which means nigh impossible save plenty of status moves, and a good 30 something pokeballs.

I even tried a Timer ball, a ball which ups your catch rating by 10 for each ten turns passed, stalled for forty turns, and it still broke out without even a wobble. **** that.

Darkrai has the same catch rate.

A-Laon

Smash Master
All three of the Psychic Trio have a catch rate of 3. Which is the hardest catch rating, which means nigh impossible save plenty of status moves, and a good 30 something pokeballs.

I even tried a Timer ball, a ball which ups your catch rating by 10 for each ten turns passed, stalled for forty turns, and it still broke out without even a wobble. **** that.

Darkrai has the same catch rate.
Difference is that Uxie is just *save / retry* before and after every failed attempt, where as Mesprit is "OMFG IM GONNA HUNT YOU DOWN YOU STUPID *****!!!"

Vyke

Smash Champion
I didn't really care about Mesprit. He didn't have the stats I wanted, and he looked lame in comparison. Uxie has the stats I'm looking for (outrageous defense and sp. defense) plus a wicked info log to boot.

Vyke

Smash Champion
While that actually is possible, it's only through the Global Trading System, and I'd need access to WiFi.

I'm really too lazy to do that.

Plus that's for chumps. CHUMPS.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
im thinking of going to Pakfest in a couple weeks. anybody from pittsburgh wanna come, u guys r on the way.
If you dont want to make the drive all the way to pakman's thing. I'll be going and i am right on the way. So you can come to my place, and i can drive the rest of the way.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Going to Pakman's thing would be fun. What's the status on room in the cars?

Nah, I don't have Emerald. I did Red/Blue, and Silver/Gold. Stopped there, picked it back up at Diamond. I wish I could transfer my stuff over from Silver to Diamond... I want my old Lugia and Celebi. :(

TheLake

Smash Master
Im going no questions asked

And soap naka and I are three way teaming everyone

"Bubba rub dub in swan lake"

Azelf is the coolest mirage pokemon though

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
hey guys i think its finally over

I think I am finally over olivia munn

the masses of pplz dickriding her on the blog helped to contribute to this process. It's been pretty hard, but .........mission complete! *da da da da da da dum*(see what i did ther?)

Vyke

Smash Champion
You got it low interest. Not tonight though, not up for it. Hittin' the sack. Might be on tomorrow if nothing is going down.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

4% APR

Smash Champion
can't help it. A good team is never gonna get hit by a spy, and engi's are pretty useless too at top levels

edit-we got 3 of the 6. Still need a 2 sollies and another scout :)

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
can't help it. A good team is never gonna get hit by a spy, and engi's are pretty useless too at top levels

edit-we got 3 of the 6. Still need a 2 sollies and another scout :)
i'd like to think that sniper and pyro have some functions in comp play. that comp was just a basic build. I had NO idea that soldier was THAT good, but I knew that demo was amazing. So amazing that he is on a 1 per team ban in many leagues

SwiftBass

Smash Hero

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Hey Soap, are you have room for me next weekend, I know Vyke already asked, and we live in the same area so we can be in the same place when you pick us up, is that all cool with you?

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Matt, I looked in John's basement, but I didn't find your melee copy, unless it was hidden somewhere, but I look to see if it was left in his wii or something, and I'm good for monday if you are

Vyke

Smash Champion
Soldier video was pretty amazing. Demo video was pretty... well edited... I guess. His bomb-jumps were good.

You'd think Pyro would thrive in an environment where you could reflect rockets and grenades, and burn alive scouts easily.

4% APR

Smash Champion
Soldier video was pretty amazing. Demo video was pretty... well edited... I guess. His bomb-jumps were good.

You'd think Pyro would thrive in an environment where you could reflect rockets and grenades, and burn alive scouts easily.
have you seen pyros rocket jump? Too good

Top Bottom