• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

Engel

Smash Journeyman
yeah that's the problem, there really isn't anything else too big that's as close as otakon.
Tekko is growing fast and the convention center gives it a lot more room but its still far from being as big as otakon.
Um... anime boston is pretty big right? but its a lot further away >_>
idk maybe people are exaggerating about otakon, it'd probably still be pretty fun to attend :\

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
yeah that's the problem, there really isn't anything else too big that's as close as otakon.
Tekko is growing fast and the convention center gives it a lot more room but its still far from being as big as otakon.
Um... anime boston is pretty big right? but its a lot further away >_>
idk maybe people are exaggerating about otakon, it'd probably still be pretty fun to attend :\
i heard the one in DC is kinda large too(katsucon?)

boston is pretty big from what my CT peeps have told me and stuff, but yeah EC needs to step up with the conventions. Boston is 2hrs from me(1.5hrs if you are beast) so like thats like a 9-10 hour drive for y'all unless you are velocity and do race car maneuvers on the highway(i'll tell that story another time) . A nice Virginia one would be amazing. Aaron, I would look into the schedule and stuff and make sure its kinda worth it. Even if panels and events are kinda worth it, the volume of the it will help make up for the experience. Theres nothing like a huge convention with like 15 billion cosplayers and epic photo shoots.

anyone ever been to Ohayocon? I was wondering how it compared to Tekko. 3 years ago I was told that Ohayocon was **** in comparison, but tekko stepped up from what I know. And like in the far midwest do they even watch anime/have conventions lol?

TheLake

Smash Master
Timmy boy (**** wolf looking avy by the way)

I look up some stuff but alot of stuff is going down on tghe 18th. I got my own mini anime thingy party thing with some ladies and john that day so i dont know about this year.

But horse radish to anyone who downplays otacon, ive heard some doooppe things and I know for a FACT ima gonna have a good time. So with that in mind hopfully ill have dough and stuff for next year so i can **** like every con

Thats'a'ma'neu goal

**** EVERY con (; (And allan of course but you cant really "****" the willing now can we? *chuckles sexily*)

Vyke

Smash Champion
Double post.

John, can you do me a favor? If i send you the butler highlight vids do you think you can try to upload them to youtube? It hasnt been letting me, and i want to know if my connection is ****ty or something's up with the videos.
Funny story, I JUST saw this post.

Sure, I can try. Don't think I can nab them over the net though, next time you're over I'll give it a go.

Raziel744

Smash Apprentice
I have off this coming wednesday/thursday, so I'll be up for whatever. (Including picking you up, Alan, *******.)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I've seen some of the replies to my first post in this thread linking me tournaments and such. I'd just like to say that I'll be available this Friday to play smash with anyone who'd like to. The only problem I have is that I don't have anything on me. No controllers, gcn's, wii's, or anything. So if I were to play, I may have to use someone else's controller. Sorry for breaking the whole "BYOC" rule.

If anyone would like to meet up, I'd be more then glad to play anything BUT brawl. SSB64, Melee, and Brawl+ are all good to me. If anyone wants to make meeting plans, feel free to send me a text on my phone which is: 1-417-554-0425

I won't have a computer shortly after this post so the only way I will be able to contact people will be by my phone. I appreciate anyone who would like to meet up. I've been excited to play some new players :)

D20

Smash Lord
Friday would be good. Who's up for some smash?

BHLMRO - I'll give you call/text tomorrow.

Top Bottom