• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Every Smash game has had over 100% increase in characters, and I'm sure Brawl will deliver.:grin:
You say that like there have already been, like, 10 Smash games.

So far, since we've only gotten two games, there has only been one 100% increase. That is not a pattern.

Annnyway. I'll guess some kind of character. That "one character a week" thing isn't exactly accurate, but it's pretty close. Maybe we'll get C. Falcon or Ness.

Littleonetwo

Smash Cadet
I don't think the roster will lack, because I think they would have to make the characters first before they make the story. IMO there will be 40+ characters, because anything under 40 would be kinda sad, because this is one most anticipated games of the year, and this game has to deliver. No way would Nintendo give Sakurai 2+ years to have a game with 35 characters in it. 9 more from Melee. What the bologna is that? :mad:Every Smash game has had over 100% increase in characters, and I'm sure Brawl will deliver.:grin:
so if they ever decide to bring the game to a handheld, how would you react to them cutting characters, because there is no way there could be anymore than there was in melee, not in this generation (the DS)

the 2 year development im sure went to bug squashing and polish, obviously they have added content, but what good is content if it only half works. most games nowadays take multiple years to develop, why should brawl be any different.

your acting as though 2 years is a long time for development, if you ask me thats pretty short compared to alot of games now a days.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Percuss rhymes with circus, btw. I win a cookie now, right?

Anyways, I haven an odd feeling it'll be AC related.
You win 283729 E-cookies.

Which are like regular cookies, only spiked with ecstasy.

Truly the best gift you will ever receive for rhyming something. ;)

Revak

Smash Apprentice
Tourney - 0 | Casual - 1

I actually like this update, though I will never play it seriously. I hope it has a lot of different "mini game stages."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
a characterless week that suck some major ****
I actually thought this week was REALLY good.

I just think it's ending on a bad note. I really do not like anything about this stage. But, can't complain. Better to get a less-than-amazing update than none at all.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys looking at the japanese site? Because it's not showing up in english.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Better be epic
How wrong was I?

Personally, this week hasn't excited me at all. Andross was the only highlight.

Here's hoping for the best week in update history next week when Bomberman, Ridley and Sonic are all confirmed simultaneously on Monday. That would just about make up for this week. :)

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Not a bad stage idea at all. A little wacky... but that's the WarioWare way. All in all, not a TERRIBLE week.

Here's hoping for Metaknight (he's been shown off enough already), new music for prereleased stages or Pokéball-Pokémon. Or all three. And a new stage. In fact, all the stages. And all characters (with no unlockable spoilers). And all items, including Assist Trophies and Pokéballs. And a European release date.
<.<
*cough*
I don't want this game THAAAAT bad. It's not obsession or anything. Honest.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Don't you find it odd that after all the appearances of games in WarioWare... it finally makes a cameo in another game? I know it's not, but I just wanted to bring that up. lol.

But, anyway... I think it's cool. We all know it's tourney-banned... but hey, better than DK's stage, to me.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
agreed, serious players can go to hell, this game isn't just for them.
I feel that maybe that's a bit harsh, as most "serious" players probably don't want EVERY level to be tourny-legal.
That's too many stages to worry about, considering the amount of characters as a base number for the amount of levels.
Also, mind you, there ARE some crazy stages that are tourny-legal, which are Rainbow Cruise and Poke`Floats.
(Also keep in mind that no one expects the game to be designed specifically for a certain community)

WarioWare definitely looks like an interesting stage, and it'll be well worth trying out.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Zomg this is truley the" WTF" stage for Brawl

SSB's was Mushroom Kingdom
Melee's was Flat Zone
Brawls belongs to Wario Ware stage FTW

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I think we'll still be in for a surprise... if it follows Melee's formula, each franchise'll have two stages (Except G&W, of course(, and we still have Snake's universe to cover... fighting on top of a Metal Gear, anyone? Liquid pummeling you to the ground while screaming "SNAAAAKE?!"

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Totally weird stage, but they are truly capturing the essence of the WW series. I'm actually quite excited for this one!

WarioWare stage + PT Special Moves (most of them) = WIN

Sir James

The Doctor
I have a feeling that we didn't see any character updates this week because Nintendo may reveal some next week at their event. The event is being held on September 5th I believe.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
I love this stage, but am slightly bummed that there were no characters revealed this week.

I'm hoping for a character update on monday.
Same. There should be a character on monday or they should atleast show off some of the special moves for a character *hopes for Diddy kong, or Peach*.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
agreed, serious players can go to hell, this game isn't just for them.
You know not all the haters of this stage are "serious players", right?

Regardless, it's just an opinion, and everyone's entitled to it. I'm a more casual player, and I really dislike what I've seen of this stage before. Not every stage needs to be a home-run; there will inevitably be stages that people don't like.

I'm guessing this stage is going to be one of those stages for me.

Top Bottom