• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Ugh, I hope it's not more adventure mode junk. I'm so sick of seeing it, it stopped being epic a long time ago. I'd rather wait to see it all for myself at release...

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I was gonna guess a Final Smash, but went with a Character Profile.
To be more accurate I'm predicting Falcon.

Troggy

Smash Rookie
Hopefully Ness, since everyone is unsure of his return. Captain Falcon would be great too.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I have never, ever seen someone in such a rush that they have to abbreviate "update".

I'm honestly hoping for two profiles this week to put us back on track for a significant roster size. The hope inside me dies a little every time we get a week without a profile.
^^^^^Hey, how r u?

So, tonight I predict:

Special Moves....Peach or Zelda...

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I am thinking tonight would be the Final Smash for Kirby. Considering that from the original movie we have seen all the final smashes displayed except for Kirby ( the other two being Samus and Mario). I'd like to know how cooking someone in a Pot kills them.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
They are going to be updating an item from the metroid games. I'm serious.
I think a Phazon Grenade would be a neat item. The detonation can put targets into HyperMode, which gives them increased attack power, but deals damage over time to them if they stand still.

I'm not sure if they'll represent a game this close to release though. A lot of early Gamecube titles got left out of Melee because they simply didn't have the time to work them in.

Betaz

Smash Ace
@Fanewgie

should it be a phazon grenade? or a PED?

and with the whole representing a game close to release they could just ask the dev team what a good idea to put into the game would be besides for Melee wasn't it also an early release for the GC so they wouldn't have time to put stuff in from other early GC games

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
A red update; considering we didn't have any characters last week there could very well be two this week.

But, once again, Sakurai cannot be predicted save the use of some extremely advanced chaos algorithms.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
should it be a phazon grenade? or a PED?
I think having any character put on a PED would be more programming work. But perhaps they could just make the hyper mode effect emmenate from you after the pick-up... I'm not sure lobbing a phazon grenade into an opponent would be too good of an idea anyway. XP

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Probably not Snake. He'll be unlockable.

Though I am hoping for a character update myself.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
yeah a metroid stage would be awesome but hopefully the new stages will be a little less anoying, is it just me or were the past metroid stages not exactly fun to play on.
I kind of agree, the stages were really cool Metroid tributes, but when playing they were kind of annoying.

Betaz

Smash Ace
I think having any character put on a PED would be more programming work. But perhaps they could just make the hyper mode effect emmenate from you after the pick-up... I'm not sure lobbing a phazon grenade into an opponent would be too good of an idea anyway. XP
how so? it would just be like putting on the Mother Emblem (forgot what's called and dont feel like looking it up) BTW have you played the game? and if you have, have you gotten hit by another type of bombs that the pirates throw that was like the Gooey Bomb?

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
@ olimar: quiet, you troll.

Sakurai can post whatever he wants, and you cant stop him by yelling.

red upate tonight.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Why do people think Ness won't be in? He's an original veteran with a really unique moveset? It's impossible for him to be left out (since he's my fav)....

M.K

Level 55
Why do people think Ness won't be in? He's an original veteran with a really unique moveset? It's impossible for him to be left out (since he's my fav)....
because he really wasn't supposed to be in Melee, Lucas was, but Mother 3 got delayed. (I think that is it, correct me if I am wrong)

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else notice the Friday update is gone from the main page? (although archived in the stages section)

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Anyone else notice the Friday update is gone from the main page? (although archived in the stages section)
People have been complaining about not being able to see Wario Ware ever since Friday. It's just being crazy for some people.

Betaz

Smash Ace
New game mode: Online!

Please? :\
Seriously? i don'nt think it needs to be announced i mean it's kind of obvious, ever since online games came out for the Wii almost every single one has some sort of online feature take thier newest realease for example MP3 sure all it is, is unlocking cool little easter eggs but it has some sort of online. and considering Brawl mill be a multiplayer game an extreme amount of people would be dissapointed if they did'nt put it in, it's just not good marketing... sorry for the long-ish post but i don't think we need an online update since i beleive very highly that it surely will be in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a game mode movie everyone....that's it...

It's not in the english yet

Top Bottom