• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
You wouldn't say that to someone with a gun, would you? :p
Ohho, where have I heard that original line before?
Bah, well, it doesn't matter, as I recall killing Marth anyways.
No, then you got a clone of him or...summat.

Anyways, I would say it to someone with a gun!
Not like you have one anyways. :mad::laugh:

Ohho, where have I heard that original line before?
Bah, well, it doesn't matter, as I recall killing Marth anyways.
No, then you got a clone of him or...summat.

Anyways, I would say it to someone with a gun!
Not like you have one anyways. :mad::laugh:
Who knows, maybe I do.

I still have 1,287,949 more Marth clones anyway.

You don't know if I have a gun or not. Or do you?:(

Sinn

Smash Lord
...... I hope they at least made them less annoying this time around.
Do you mean for players or opponents? If you mean for opponents, I sure hope not because that was half the reason I used them in the first place.

Ah, this is good. Man, I'm actually more glad about them being updated than if it were Falcon or Ness/Lucas. Mainly because everyone seemed to be writing the Climbers off so much. NOT ANYMORE!

My thoughts on the last screen shot...either part of their intro, if they have them this time, OR part of their new taunt. I hope it's part of the new taunt because honestly...I didn't really think the last one was all that taunting (can that even BE an adjective?). And if this is the new taunt, I will use them so much more than before <3

And Marth? Isn't he the first Fire Emblem Lord ever? What reason would they not have for bringing him back?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Do you mean for players or opponents? If you mean for opponents, I sure hope not because that was half the reason I used them in the first place.

Ah, this is good. Man, I'm actually more glad about them being updated than if it were Falcon or Ness/Lucas. Mainly because everyone seemed to be writing the Climbers off so much. NOT ANYMORE!

My thoughts on the last screen shot...either part of their intro, if they have them this time, OR part of their new taunt. I hope it's part of the new taunt because honestly...I didn't really think the last one was all that taunting (can that even BE an adjective?). And if this is the new taunt, I will use them so much more than before <3

And Marth? Isn't he the first Fire Emblem Lord ever? What reason would they not have for bringing him back?
I thought the screeni may be their new taunt, but the first shot shows their "Old" one. I assume it may be part of an intro thingy, again, as you said, if they have them.

I havn't ever heard anyone say Marth will be the one to get the boot. That's just stupid, if anyone is getting the kick, it's Roy, and most of us know it. Of course, you can place this update as a pro-Roy or Pro-Falco booster, but you should note that they where clones, and these two are not.

I liked this update, I really did.

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Very happy that Ice Climbers are back. For some reason people hate them? (Guess they suck *** as them or something)

BoG

Smash Journeyman
This is the best update since Pokemon trainer. My main has returned, and now in conjunction with snake, I will be... LESS BEATABLE!
Anyways, talk about restored fait for Ness. I always loved the guy. I hope more for him and Lucas rather then Ness getting the boot. And Falcon is a given, now.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Why not just put both Ness AND Lucas in? Or were they both so similar that it would be totally pointless to do that...? I know they look virtually identical, but that's never stopped the Mario brothers...

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Why not just put both Ness AND Lucas in? Or were they both so similar that it would be totally pointless to do that...? I know they look virtually identical, but that's never stopped the Mario brothers...
That's a good idea, I've liked it all along. Of course, so many people seem bent on seeing Ness out for some reason.The more creative and balanced. move sets the better, in my opinion. (Note: CREATVE and BALANCED move sets. If they aren't, they suck.)

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
In conclusion, the only likely characters left to reveal, discounting any crazy newcomer that Sakurai throws our way, are:
1) Captain Falcon
2) Ice Climbers
3) Lucas
4) Sheik
5) Animal Crossing Rep
Score one for me! :bigthumbu

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
heh.. I'm happy to see them return. I never used them much. One thing I do hope they change about them though.. When you try to come back and Popo grabs the edge and Nana can't because Popo is grabbing it, so she falls to her doom. I'd like for her to be able to grab his foot or something.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
heh.. I'm happy to see them return. I never used them much. One thing I do hope they change about them though.. When you try to come back and Popo grabs the edge and Nana can't because Popo is grabbing it, so she falls to her doom. I'd like for her to be able to grab his foot or something.
Wow, that's a great idea. I'd love to pull that one off.

But wouldn't you have to let other characters grab his foot too, to make it fair?

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Great Idea. This update got me kinda excited as I don't usually play as them much but they do add a different experience to the game. Plus I'm almost sure the Mew-Two will be returning now as well.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
Ice Climbers Back! YAY!

Now, using my special skills of divination and the sacred arts, I shall predict monday's update...

Ahh...

It's coming...

I see it!

How to play? Aww...

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I don't know if it's been discussed or anything, but did you guys notice for the vets that there's a little four-block corner in the bottom right of Melee newcomers, then the rest are 64 smashers? Think the next two are gonna be Captain Falcon/Ness then two more Melee smashers? Maybe Sheik and another?

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm, the next character confirmed will be the 20th...I can't shake the feeling that it's gonna be the last character he confirms. I know logic says otherwise, I won't argue with you guys, I just have a feeling. Hope it's false.

Anyway, I'm gonna predict that the 20th character will be...

WARNING!!! NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING!!!
Cecil...?

(wow, that came out of nowhere.)

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I'm sorry, I don't recognize the name. Where's cecil from?

The only one i know is from FFIV. lol.

Anyway, I say we need more info on Subspace... but when we do, people complain that it was a waste of an update. In fact... a lot of updates tend to be "wastes..."

Ahh, the good days when updates were appreciated...

burrito

Smash Lord
It bothers me because once they have Ness/Lucas, there are much more interesting characters that they can add from Mother 2/3. For example, I'd rather it be Ness and Flint or Lucas and Flint than Ness and Lucas, it just feels like such a waste because of how similar they are.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It bothers me because once they have Ness/Lucas, there are much more interesting characters that they can add from Mother 2/3. For example, I'd rather it be Ness and Flint or Lucas and Flint than Ness and Lucas, it just feels like such a waste because of how similar they are.
Ness is the best from Mother 2, Claus is the best from Mother 3

Stryks

Smash Hero
Crappy update on monday, why? cause monday is a crapy day....

lol anyway I dont expect anything ZOMG PWNZO0R update tonight, something like music, item (god forbid), or how to play, but hope we get some subspace love this week...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I don't know if it's been discussed or anything, but did you guys notice for the vets that there's a little four-block corner in the bottom right of Melee newcomers, then the rest are 64 smashers? Think the next two are gonna be Captain Falcon/Ness then two more Melee smashers? Maybe Sheik and another?
Yeah. It's what enabled me to call the Ice Climbers, almost down to the exact day, as our next veteran.

Expect Captain Falcon or a newcomer this week.

As for a 5-day forecast... I don't have one yet, it's far too early. I'll have one before tonight.

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
I predict a new Stage in the update. It's been a fairly long time since we heard about a new stage.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Back with a 5-day forecast (sure has been a slow day, hasn't it?):

- Character Profile - Captain Falcon or a Newcomer
- a Final Smash - Kirby or Fox
- Music
- Subspace Emissary update - probably highlighting the Halberd's involvement
- a Stage
- perhaps an Item How to Play update

Chance of a Double Update? I say Yes.

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^^
I've honestly just given up predicting. There is so many different types of updates avalaible now, and Sakurai twists it all so much, I've just near given up predicting.

I hope we get a profile, newcomer or vet. But the Subspace stuff kinda annoys me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It sure would be awesome if we got a double character update!

But realistically, I'm going to say tonight's going to be an... AT.

Top Bottom