• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
I have to tell you guys, I did a triple take and clicked on characters, just to make sure they weren't an assist.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I never use IC but I'm glad they back because if I had it my way, they'd all be back, and we'd still get plenty of new characters as well.

This also really makes me happy, because how can anyone say that characters like Jiggs, YL, Falco, Luigi, etc., won't be coming back if the freakin ice climbers made it back? This just makes me feel like there is so much more hope for seeing the return of characaters we all really want.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Ugh, they're back. Those annoying little parka-wearing dorks are back (sigh), oh well. At least the fans are happy.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
cant wait for the final smash
Me either! I hope it's a blizzard! :grin:

I also hope they get a better stage this time around. We already have that stupid DK stage, give the Ice Climbers a better stage!

Blackadder

Smash Master
Ugh, they're back. Those annoying little parka-wearing dorks are back (sigh), oh well. At least the fans are happy.
I think they'll suck balls, myself.
But, it's another to the roster (Erm, two to the roster) and it puts other characters like Pichu and YoungLink back in the game...which is good/bad to however you view it. I personly am happy we got another profile, though I don't care much for these guys.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The reason people can say certain characters aren't coming back and some are, because the ICs were not clones. Unless Falco rocks me like amadeus, I don't want to see him.

ilabb

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand the logic behind "OMG ICE CLIMBERS ARE GONE FOREVER BECAUSE I PERSONALLY DIDN'T LIKE THEM"

Not like it makes a bit of difference, though :D

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I have no idea if this lowers, or raises other characters chances...

But Ice Climbers are in!!!

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Interesting. The one reason I thought the Ice Climbers might not return was rather funny. It's one I've never heard stated before: because Pit's icon wasn't the eggplant. Yes, I know, technically Pit and IC are from different game universes, so there's really no logical reason why they should share an icon, but it just seemed like Pit, coming from probably the only other game in history where eggplants play a prominent role (more-so than in IC, I would say), should have the eggplant icon. When I saw that he had his own unique icon, I thought to myself that it could possibly be a sign that IC weren't returning... but I'm glad to see I was wrong. Ice Climbers are probably my 5th favorite character(s) from Melee.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Interesting. The one reason I thought the Ice Climbers might not return was rather funny. It's one I've never heard stated before: because Pit's icon wasn't the eggplant. Yes, I know, technically Pit and IC are from different game universes, so there's really no logical reason why they should share an icon, but it just seemed like Pit, coming from probably the only other game in history where eggplants play a prominent role (more-so than in IC, I would say), should have the eggplant icon. When I saw that he had his own unique icon, I thought to myself that it could possibly be a sign that IC weren't returning... but I'm glad to see I was wrong. Ice Climbers are probably my 5th favorite character(s) from Melee.
Wait, wasn't it a sign that Ice Climbers WERE returning?

Just wondering, now we have exactly 4,5 females in brawl (5.5 if kirby is female i dont know Oo)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow that doesn't make any sense...you've never played Ice Climbers, have you?

But then again...Eggplant wizard

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok, so besides Ganondorf and sheik, it's a safe bet that Mr. Game and Watch, Marth, and Mewtwo are returning... mainly because they are unique to their moveset. But not so sure about Marth anymore.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow that doesn't make any sense...you've never played Ice Climbers, have you?

But then again...Eggplant wizard
I have played it. But you're right, it doesn't really make much sense :psycho: There's also the little matter of victory music. If they had shared an icon, then, following Melee's trend, they would have also had to share victory music, which would have made even less sense. I didn't say it was a good reason for thinking they might not come back ;)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I have played it. But you're right, it doesn't really make much sense :psycho: There's also the little matter of victory music. If they had shared an icon, then, following Melee's trend, they would have also had to share victory music, which would have made even less sense. I didn't say it was a good reason for thinking they might not come back ;)
Lol.
I remember when I read it I thought "Odd reason to not think IceClimbers will be in" but it's far better than some of the other thoughts I had heard floating around.

..seriously, some of those sucked.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There has been a character-related update every single week he's been updating the Smash DOJO website

I highly doubt tomorrow won't be a character update seeing this 16-week Combo of character updates.

This Week:
Week17, Sep 10-14: ???
Did I call that or what?
This Week: Week17, Sep 10-14: Ice Climbers
FIXED

linkw00t

Smash Journeyman
@EPF

Biased because I don't like IC's? It's a ****ty game and they're a relatively uninteresting character. IMO.
And this only concludes a craptastic week of updates. I'm not looking forward to the Falcon, Ness, or Luigi updates either, because I already strongly suspect they'll be in the game, and it doesn't surprise me.

But in your opinion I guess I should NOT be spoiled and get all giddy over every little character update. That'd be like me getting excited about Meta-Knight. IC's lost their gimmicky wonder over me 5 minutes after I played Melee. I think this update is 6 years too late from for the making-me-care train.

But don't fret! We got a character update! It's not like we get one almost every week is it?!

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Thank god.

I knew that the rumors and arguments about the Ice Climbers getting the boot were completely unfounded.

@EPF

Biased because I don't like IC's? It's a ****ty game and they're a relatively uninteresting character. IMO.
And this only concludes a craptastic week of updates. I'm not looking forward to the Falcon, Ness, or Luigi updates either, because I already strongly suspect they'll be in the game, and it doesn't surprise me.

But in your opinion I guess I should NOT be spoiled and get all giddy over every little character update. That'd be like me getting excited about Meta-Knight. IC's lost their gimmicky wonder over me 5 minutes after I played Melee. I think this update is 6 years too late from for the making-me-care train.

But don't fret! We got a character update! It's not like we get one almost every week is it?!
It is biased.

You say "Who cares about Ice Climbers?", when there is obviously others who care about them. You don't care for them, which makes it your personal opinion.

Even though I don't play with the IC's, i'm happy for those who have their character back. I'm still waiting for Marth to be reconfirmed, but you don't see me complaining.

:p

Top Bottom