• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Blackadder

Smash Master
It's because every time you lose HP, your character gets knocked off farther as if it had more %. For example, when you start the battle with 150HP, the knockback is the same as 0%; but when you are at 100HP, it's equivalent to 50% -- and so on, until 1HP = 149%. If one could set the HP too high, the probability of ending the match by knocking the opponent off the stage (instead of depleting its HP, which is what Stamina matches are all about) increases accordingly.
Change the knockback accordingly. Problem solved, methinks.
I think what Kerkola was getting at was why it seems you can't make the HP "34%" and anything else you want at all as apposed to pre-set selections that Brawl offers you.

Or I could be completely wrong...

BoG

Smash Journeyman
If tomorrow is not a character, my suspicion concerning the number of starters will essentially be confirmed. One more every other week until the end of november is 25, a plausible number for starters. One more day, and I will get something right.

Chari

Smash Apprentice
I hope we get like an update more on the Subspace Emissary. I would like to see more of that.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I don't remember a week in which we went without ANY semblance of a character update! Even two or three weeks ago, we only got PT's Special Moves--which was quite an update in and of itself. Nonetheless, it filled the unofficial quota of one character update per week.

If reidman's source is accurate--which I believe is true--we should be seeing Lucas soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow. :bigthumbu

And really, what other options do they have, as far as characters go? The only veteran that we KNOW will be back on the default roster is CF. Theoretically, they could move Luigi to the default roster, but I don't see that happening simply because of Smash tradition. Jiggs is still a question mark at this point, so I hesitate to speculate. We still don't know about IC or G&W (especially the latter), but it's safe to say that Roy, YL, Doc, and Pichu are out of the running. Falco is another questionable choice, given Krystal's rise to fame and Wolf's notable fanbase. Marth is another character that I don't see returning in order to make room for newer and more diverse reps for the FE franchise. Ganondorf will be secret again, no doubt. Mewtwo was decidedly lackluster, but he may return--just not as a default character.

And that leaves Sheik. Rumors abound about Sheik's appearance in Brawl, especially given the now-infamous interview with Eiji Aonuma in which he mentions working closely with Sora on character designs for Link, Ganondorf, and Sheik . Whether or not "Sheik" was a Freudian slip in place of "Zelda" remains yet to be seen. However, revealing Sheik to be a separate character would certainly be a way to shake things up, especially after such an unexciting, even disappointing, week, especially for fans of Munchlax and/or Lady Lyndis.

Oh, and we're STILL waiting on that Animal Crossing rep. Sakurai has to reveal him or her sometime! Still waiting...

In conclusion, the only likely characters left to reveal, discounting any crazy newcomer that Sakurai throws our way, are:
1) Captain Falcon
2) Ice Climbers
3) Lucas
4) Sheik
5) Animal Crossing Rep

Here's to seeing Lucas tomorrow. :grin:

---------------------------------------------

Addendum: It would make more sense for Sakurai to reveal the default roster in its entirety a while before the game's release, giving him plenty of time to post delicious videos for the Smash community to gobble up avariciously. ;)

UrajKingofDarkness

Smash Journeyman
They've had weeks before without character updates. I believe there was one the week before Ike was revealed...either him or Pokemon Trainer.

Normally if they do no character updates for a week, that means they'll probably release a new characterr the next week.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
They've had weeks before without character updates. I believe there was one the week before Ike was revealed...either him or Pokemon Trainer.

Normally if they do no character updates for a week, that means they'll probably release a new characterr the next week.
Yeah, they went a week without a character update, and then the week after that we got Pokemon Trainer AND Peach. I thought to myself "oh ok, they made up for it by doing two characters the week after they did none." I figured this would be the way it's done, but unfortunately the last character that was revealed to us was Diddy. Meta Knight doesn't count cuz we already knew he was in the game. It's not the same as say Captain Falcon being revealed, cuz right now we don't know if he's in it, and he isn't in any videos and hasn't been officially mentioned at all.

So yeah, Diddy was like almost a month ago already. That's pretty ridiculous.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I think it is going to be one of these two tomorrow:
Character related - Captain Falcon
How to Play - Crawling

It's been awhile since we had a character and same goes to How to Play updates, that and the fact that its friday tomorrow :p

goodkid

Smash Lord
.....I should have guessed Game Modes, I knew it was going to be non-related to Subspace E.

A character may happen tomorrow, Sakurai is known to do the unexpected, and a character update is the most expected.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think the reason a character update is expected is BECAUSE there hasn't been one in so long. It's been so long, why, tomorrow MUST have a character update. That reasoning could potentially last forever.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think the reason a character update is expected is BECAUSE there hasn't been one in so long. It's been so long, why, tomorrow MUST have a character update. That reasoning could potentially last forever.
I agree. But people, even me, will keep hoping for a long long time.
I know there where rumours we would get a character a week update-wise, but those have since been proven wrong. I think Sakurai has all the updates planed out in such a way that it's both genius, laid out, and infuriating.

We will get our character update soon. But I think today we will be seeing something average like some music, or an item. I think a character update is due next week, myself.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Hell, just like it was with stages a few weeks ago.

We will get our character update soon. But I think today we will be seeing something average like some music, or an item. I think a character update is due next week, myself.
If we get a third item this week there will be severe pain to be had. Music... I could kind of see happening.

If we don't get a character tonight, we best see two next week, or death will begin to spread the world like the plague.

Edit: hey I broke 400 posts :D :D :D

worldjem7

Smash Ace
There has been a character-related update every single week he's been updating the Smash DOJO website

SP = Special Moves
FS = Final Smash

Characters

Week1, May 21-25: Link, Mario, Pit
Week2, May 28-Jun 1: Pit: SM, Mario: FS
Week3, Jun 4-8: Pikachu, Kirby
Week4, Jun 11-15: Fox, Samus
Week5, Jun 18-22: Link: FS, Pikachu: FS, Wario, Fox: SM
Week6, Jun 25-29: Zelda, Wario: SM
Week7, Jul 2-6: Bowser, Bowser: FS
Week8, Jul 9-13: Donkey Kong
Week9, Jul 16-20: Samus: FS, Zero Suit Samus
Week10, Jul 23-27: Yoshi
Week11, Jul 30-Aug 3: Donkey Kong: FS, Ike
Week12, Aug 6-10: Ike: SP, Pit: FS
Week13, Aug 13-17: Pokémon Trainer, Pokémon Change! , Peach
Week14, Aug 20-24: Link: SM, Diddy Kong, Yoshi: FS
Week15, Aug 27-31: Pokémon Trainer: SP
Week16, Sep 3-7: Diddy Kong: SP, Meta Knight, Mario: SP

I highly doubt tomorrow won't be a character update seeing this 16-week Combo of character updates.

This Week:
Week17, Sep 10-14: ???

Sinn

Smash Lord
Stages are good, and I AM glad that we got Stadium and the Halberd updated...but right now I live for characters, as sad as that may be. I don't really have much else to look forward to what with going to school full time and only really having weekends free.

EDIT: Holy crap, 600 for me!

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
i think tmrw's will have to do with subspace probably not a character this week bu tim guessing we'll get something huge on monday next week

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I think tonight will come down to being any of the varying red updates or how to play. Everything else is unlikely due to varying reasons...

Game mode: Just had one
Item: ALL REDDY HAD 2 THIS WEEK NO MOAR PLZ
Stage: Just had one two days ago (though they have been this close before)
Music: Pretty infrequent, and we just had one a week ago
Notice: lol yea rite

You know what I'm actually itching for? Another complete-special-moveset update like Link's. Someone who we think isn't changing much (Pikachu or Samus?) so we can have another total "our characters are really changing" moment.

But I'd rather a profile. This dry spell is getting silly.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's gotta be something character related to end the week. it may be a vet, or it could just be a final, but fridays are usually big, and like worldjem stated, we've had at least one character update per week, whether it's a Final Smash or Special Moves

character tomorrow (or today, depending on where you live)

Kaburii

Smash Apprentice
A video showing an actual match beginning with music in the background etc. would be interesting and would give light to the new look of Brawl battles.

Will characters have entrances like in SSB, or the simple light platforms from SSBM?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Will characters have entrances like in SSB, or the simple light platforms from SSBM?
Nobody knows for sure. However, with the inclusion of Pokemon Trainer, it might be that they're coming back... It really wouldn't make sense for Squirtle to arrive on a light platform... Pokemon Trainer has to release him from a Pokeball! Still that could be specific for the Pokemon Trainer, or he might just appear on a light platform after all, who knows?

I'm REALLY hoping for a character. It'll probably be a character update. I'm seriously doubting a new character/veteran, though. You keep on predicting them and they NEVER come!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Snake won't be revealed most likely 'til all the Nintendo characters are revealed and Sakurai starts doing third party characters. And why in the hell would you rather Snake's update, something everyone knows about, over an update shedding light on a completely new character or concept in Brawl?

Blackadder

Smash Master
Hmmm.
I assume the posting issue is fixed?

I have low hopes here guys. I'm guessing we have about 7 mins left till every n00b in the land goes "OMG ITEM AMAZING ITS FIREFLOWER!!!EXCLAMATIONMARK!!!!

ugh. I hope for a character though. Hope.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
EVERYONE WANTS IT TO BE A NEW CHARACTER! I just hope we don't have to wait 2 or 3 hours for it.

Top Bottom