• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Seems interesting. I'm still disappointed you can't set these for individual characters, though. :ohwell:

Blackadder

Smash Master
This is pretty cool, I like this.

It's what I asked for actually! Fully customisable Brawling! Great stuff! At least I know now that I can **** with the game as much as I want. Though the lack of options is a little icky.

@The below an hunder post guy
Um...
I wasn't flamming you?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Fools. Sakurai doesn't do Thursday character updates.
Still holding out for Captain Falcon on Friday.
But this update is pretty darn awesome, and confirms Bunny Hood, Metal Box, and Invisibility uuhh...Thingy.
Customizable battles? Just crazy enough to work.
Giant Bunny Hood Invisible 99 Stock Ftw.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
And what also bothers me is that you still cannot set the stamina to what amount you want. Why just 150 HP? I don't get it.

And it's just Knuckle Joe. Don't get too excited.

Blackadder

Smash Master

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
Also, WTF is the Clear body option?
Oh, Invisibility? nm, lol
i know i am ********, but since when do they call it Clear instead of Invisible

iMichael

Smash Lord
Fools. Sakurai doesn't do Thursday character updates.
Still holding out for Captain Falcon on Friday.
But this update is pretty darn awesome, and confirms Bunny Hood, Metal Box, and Invisibility uuhh...Thingy.
Customizable battles? Just crazy enough to work.
Giant Bunny Hood Invisible 99 Stock Ftw.
Yeah this was actually a multi-update...items and game mode

That's one of the reasons I like this idea and update. Stamina can now be played for a decent amount of time. Win.

That seems possible, depending on how high the percentage can go.
I hope a 999 myself. That would kick-arse.
Lol, i'm going to be messing with this game for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Luckily, I have Guilty Gear XX Accent Core to keep me occupied.

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
And what also bothers me is that you still cannot set the stamina to what amount you want. Why just 150 HP? I don't get it.And it's just Knuckle Joe. Don't get too excited.
Yeah, I thought was Joe... but I wasn't sure. I bet you can change the stamina like whenever you pick stamina then you get to pick how many HPs, you don't really know for sure that you CAN't set it yet.

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
YES. YES. Y. E. S. YES!!!

THIS IS WHAT 'AM TALKIN ABOUT! And another thing, (just food for thought) maybe this isn't the only options? Maybe the menu expands or something and maybe you have to unlock the different setting and such. Just a thought.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty cool, I like this.

It's what I asked for actually! Fully customisable Brawling! Great stuff! At least I know now that I can **** with the game as much as I want. Though the lack of options is a little icky.

@The below an hunder post guy
Um...
I wasn't flamming you?
Well it sure seemed like it cuz. Meh, don't even worry bout it, no hard feelins. I don't keep petty grudges.

This update is so kinda out there. I am sorta interested that u can adjust da gravity on da playin field though. I give Sakurai-sensai a C- for this update.:cool:

Blackadder

Smash Master
Lol, i'm going to be messing with this game for a LOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Luckily, I have Guilty Gear XX Accent Core to keep me occupied.
I can actually see this mode being one of the first things I check out in Brawl.
After a few good ol' fashin' VS matches, I may well pop into this mode.

Lookin' forward to some pretty fun matches, though I imagine the novelty of "BIG METAL UBER FAST ALL ITEMS HIGH GRAVITY" games will wear of pretty fast, and the games will all become more thought out and stratigic. I can see many threads now on "Ways to play Brawl" and such.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Well it sure seemed like it cuz. Meh, don't even worry bout it, no hard feelins. I don't keep petty grudges.

This update is so kinda out there. I am sorta interested that u can adjust da gravity on da playin field though. I give Sakurai-sensai a C- for this update.:cool:
Sakurai told me to tell you that you get an F for giving him a C- on such a good update

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
YES. YES. Y. E. S. YES!!!

THIS IS WHAT 'AM TALKIN ABOUT! And another thing, (just food for thought) maybe this isn't the only options? Maybe the menu expands or something and maybe you have to unlock the different setting and such. Just a thought.
I agree with your thoughts, because they are not going to show EVERY single thing in the game on the update site, so there will still be tons of things to be discovered for when the game comes out.

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Ha!! I have a career thank ya very much! It's called mixed martial arts cuz.

Jus cause a brotha has a little more than 100 posts doesn't mean u gotta grill me and make me look like a noob. Don't do that and I'll have no beef wit chu.

DARK SAMUS 4 BRAWL BABY OR BUST!
Are you an amateur MMA fighter? I have a decent amount of experience, and I'm just about to start up my training again. Which arts are you studying?

0rion

Smash Journeyman
Are you an amateur MMA fighter? I have a decent amount of experience, and I'm just about to start up my training again. Which arts are you studying?
I'm in trainin camp right now, techincally. In the legendary Miletch camp where champions are made. I'm proficient in Shinto Ryu Karate and I know a little Muai Thai, but grappling is my bread and butter.

And to be on topic....

new character updates >>>>> everything else.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
Nice update, I especially like the gravity option. Hopefully sakurai will finish up tomorrow with a nice big slice of character update.

BTW, the metallic effect looks cool

worldjem7

Smash Ace
56 more updates left (counting tomorrow) and some days will be double updates.

What do you think could be left to update?

I heard that Sakurai was only going to release (character-wise) the starting line-up for brawl and come out with unlockables after the release and we've already got 18 character updates (not counting Snake) on the site so my guess is that there's gonna be 20-22 starting characters so there doesn't seem to be that many Character updates left in the next 56 update days.

My guess for characters is C. Falcon and Solid Snake (obviously) for the last 2 characters that he'll post up and the rest of the character updates will be Final Smashes and Special Moves to the remaining characters that haven't had it. Also, along with other kinds of updates (Game Modes, How to Play etc.).

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I'm in trainin camp right now, techincally. In the legendary Miletch camp where champions are made. I'm proficient in Shinto Ryu Karate and I know a little Muai Thai, but grappling is my bread and butter.
Wow, that's awesome. I guess we're enemies though, cuz I just moved to Manhattan and I'm thinking about starting to train at the Renzo Gracie Academy. hehe I might switch up to train at Studio X though, cuz Marcelo Garcia teaches there. I don't know if you've heard of him, but he's like one of the best grapplers out there.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Thank you Jesus.

Now we can actually play Stamina mode for more than 1 min.:)
Good lord, that's the best news I've heard about the game modes since they announced the Subspace Emissary. I loved Stamina mode, but we never really played it all that much...I wish there was a way to increase the amount of hit points you started with though...

Why is Mario not in the last screenshot? you can customize each character?
Maybe he's in the process of dying...?

Overall, I thought this update was ok. I see it as a "things we kicked ourselves for not putting in Melee" update. This makes me wonder...if everyone has the reflect ability...what will be the point of projectiles? Or will they only bounce once like with the spell reflect from Final Fantasy (OMG Black Mage confirmed xD)?

blayde_axel

Smash Master
OMG, BLACK HOLE GLITCH CONFIRMED!

But all joking aside, this is what I wanted. Wow. Great! I'm going to have so much fun with this... Bunny Metal Flaming out of your *** Brawl!

lampiaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
jp_lampi
And what also bothers me is that you still cannot set the stamina to what amount you want. Why just 150 HP? I don't get it.

It's because every time you lose HP, your character gets knocked off farther as if it had more %. For example, when you start the battle with 150HP, the knockback is the same as 0%; but when you are at 100HP, it's equivalent to 50% -- and so on, until 1HP = 149%. If one could set the HP too high, the probability of ending the match by knocking the opponent off the stage (instead of depleting its HP, which is what Stamina matches are all about) increases accordingly.

OR I could be completely wrong...

Top Bottom