• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dither

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I think I'll predict a Character update. Either Animal Crossing or Captain Falcon, but my actual guess goes to Falcon for tonight.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
"Our model was Meta Knight."

Hahaha... Wow.

At least we got to see his special moves, even though he doesn't have a profile.

Weed

Smash Lord
I was hoping Andross was gonna be a Boss, he seems a bit large for an AT o_O
Kudos to Sakurai for subtly revealing Metaknight's special moves BEFORE his profile :D

Somasu

Smash Ace
Clearly the next character update will be Metaknight now. Perhaps tomorrow's update, even.

Metaknight's moves look super sexy, as does the Andross AT.

Nice job, Sakurai

Old Man Nintendo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SilentMage
Switch FC
6429-6879-3474
Wow, the one time I'm awake early enough to post for one of the new AT's (Andross forever!!!!) and I can't even post in the appropriate post to express my happiness.

Oh well - Andross!!! I love this AT - that brings me back to those good ol' days when a 3D game could run at under 15FPS but would be universally accepted by all. :D

Regarding Metaknight's special moves being released, I'm all for it, although I'm not too crazy about how they brought it out with the description of how Special Moves are accomplished. With that said, Metaknight's Down-B looks most interesting out of those listed and I'm disappointed with his Up-B, which looks much like Kirby's Up-B...

~Old Man Nintendo

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
seems that sakurai is getting quick to confirm or de-confirm our speculations i.e. andross is not a boss

dark_templar_99

Smash Cadet
But from the looks of his up-b, he looks like he is going up and BACKWARDS. But i doubt it, that arc is probably from him moving his sword from down to upwards.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
wow.... Meta Knight will be sooooo top tier now.

5 Jumps
(maybe) gliding ability
Side-B recovery
and a Reflector!!!

This is like giving Fox's Down-B to Marth in SSBM-- Zero Campability

gg

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap!
Metaknight's Special Moves!
Perhaps Sakurai was trying to make a How To Play update more interesting.
Well, it seems the pace of updates has sped up. I guess we can expect more double updates now.
PS: METAKNIGHT FOR GOD TIER!!!

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Dojo Link: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic05.html

Metaknight may now be indefeninitly tomarrow. I swear it.

Theres no topic on the 2nd update, I'll post it here.

The actions that really define the personality of each character are special moves! In Brawl, you can do four different moves with just one button and different directional tilts on the Control Stick.

These are the four types. Control for each is quite simple.

<Standard special moves>

Many of these are basic attacks, like the firing of a weapon.
(Normal Special Move: Mach Tornado)

<Side special; Triple Strike>

These are bold attacks that launch in the direction you tilt the stick.

<Up special moves>

These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.

(Up Special Move: Shuttle Loop) These are crucial. They’re used to do high jumps and for recovering when you’re falling off the stage.

(Down Special Move: Dimensional Cape)

Our model was Meta Knight.

To enjoy more of the depth of special moves, try holding the button down longer to charge up attacks, rapidly pressing the button repeatedly, or tilting the Control Stick while doing the moves. You might also want to try them in midair.

Surprisingly, there’s a variety of hidden uses for many of them.

First of all, lets just hope that cape cant be short hopped.
2 recovery moves, side and up,
Mach Tornado: Good to stop your opponent from mass comboing im guessing

I'm afraid Meta IS a God Tier like we thought he would...

I'm so maining him.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Tell me How the hell we Get Meta-Knight's special moves before we even get Meta-Knight him self We have to get Meta-knight tomorrow

goodkid

Smash Lord
In my sunday Target advertising newspaper it said Metroid Prime 3 would be released August 29, 2007, which is tomorrow. Maybe we'll get Ridley or a metroid update tomorrow.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Were gettin metaknight this week, its innevitable now...

Hoping for a newcomer but Im good with metaknight and absolutely ANYTHING metroid related!

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
the new update will be, ether

metaknight
a metroid related item
final smash

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I don't think we're getting metaknight. I think he will be unlockable, and I don't think sakurai will give them their own update unless they are there from the start. I think we'll get another newcomer this week, and since we got diddy on a wednesday, I expect someone else tomorrow.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I am pretty sure this means Meta Knight is going to be unlockable. He's shown us so much of him yet not his profile...

and I think his up B is kinda like Kirby's... shuttle loop.

cape confuses me though... we'll see what happens.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
yeah, i agree with BoG and TRC. considering no profile has shown up yet, we probably won't get Metaknight for a while. maybe, though, when his update arrives, they just put the same pics for his special moves.

anyway for tonight, i'm tired of guessing a stage, so a character update. but because of my luck, it's going to be a stage. i have no freakin clue what to think anymore

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Mach Tornado FTW!!, that move looks sweet, I think he'll be top-tier, as for a Meta-Knight profile I believe it will probably be sometime this week since he already revealed some of his special moves

goodkid

Smash Lord
Not sure what tomorrow will bring. My logic is to guess the opposite of the the expected, the unexpected.
I think we will have something we've never seen before tomorrow.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Not sure what tomorrow will bring. My logic is to guess the opposite of the the expected, the unexpected.
I think we will have something we've never seen before tomorrow.
Well Sakurai usually brings the opposite of what I want so... Lots and lots of items for tomorrow! And no characters! Okay Sakurai?

Top Bottom