• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
I do this with my friends, but whether or not we needed an actual MODE. I'm kinda iffy on that. It will certainly be more conveniant. Don't F*** up the rotation.

Bo0ndock

Smash Cadet
they need to stop with these types of updates, the game has already been delayed on us. they need to stick to updates on charecters only and there moves thats it.

ZAxel

Smash Cadet
i think everyone who plays ssb games is capable of understanding the concept of "when your match is over, give your controller to someone else"

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Man, who really can't swap out on their own? I played in a friendly informal tourney where we were doing this stuff all night, and no one had to argue about "dibs" or anything, or forgot their turn. Tsk. Enough with the orange torrent already, Sakurai.

And multiplayer mode is called "Group"? Odd.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
-"Iwata, It's time to prepare for tomorrow night"
"what are we doing tomorrow night Sakurai?"
-"The same thing we do every night Iwata. Dish out another CRAPPY UPDATE MWAHAHAHAHA!!!"

-pinky and the brain

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
I don't know what you kids are griping about - I thought this was an absolutely genius idea.

I mean, sure, it's something we could probably set up on our own - but look at Tourney Mode: I think we all know how to set up a Round Robin tournament, really all it takes is a pen and paper. And yet, it's still terribly useful.

Sakurai, you really thought of everything, huh? (Eat this, Halo 3. You might have pylon-suicides and purple guns, but can you go the bathroom mid-session? Hellno! Better not knock back too many of your sell-out energy drinks!)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
they need to stop with these types of updates, the game has already been delayed on us. they need to stick to updates on charecters only and there moves thats it.
Wah, wah, wah.. Who says we need Character updates ALL THE TIME?
Just wait for roster to be leaked Saturday :p

WolfS2

Smash Rookie
Am I the only one who actually likes this update? My friends and I usually play Smash at my house (Since I'm the only one who owns smash), and are used to switching out. Upon seeing some of the control schemes, they also have been arguing over which one to use, and customization makes it even tougher. This solves all problems and hassles!

Plus, it keeps track of what person last played what (I believe), so no more long waits on "What character to use now".

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
worst update ever... seriously, anyone who is not capable of "rotating" on their own, should not be able to go to the bathroom alone... it's so ********!!!

you lose, give the controller to someone else, it's quicker and more efficient than opening another menu "hey, is this your name? are you sure?, if it's not your name you can't play"

Sakurai must be lauching SO hard right now...

Tomorrow PLEASE, at the very least some Music!!!

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
I dont see wuts the big disappointment in todays update.. its decent. Its good for me becuz we play with my cousins, and it would help

Cranberry Rogue

Smash Journeyman
It's not such a bad update. If you really do have 16 people, then it might be difficult to remember your order, though I honestly can't picture a time where there will be 16 people huddled around one television screen.

Also: Everyone has that one friend that refuses to give up the controller because he was "unfairly killed." This way, we can put those douchebags in their place, and force them to give it up so they don't muck up the rotation.

I can dig it.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The Good:

- Me likey the UI graphics. Bonus points for the icons actually making sense compared to the With Anyone ones.
- I always loved this mode in Melee. It really does work for getting everyone into the game when you have more than 4 players. Way, way better than tournament mode, too.

The Bad:

- The gaping fault with this game mode is that you actually need to pull together more than 4 people to properly enjoy it. I've never been able to accomplish this with any more than 5, and even that's required forcing some people to play just to fill slots. Doing some quick number crunching, I could see myself getting 7-8 people for Brawl at once if I time things well.
- There's nothing new about the mode. Fail. They couldn't even make it so you can easily add another character without completely restarting. Double fail.

The Ugly:

- Why do they avoid going into detail about how you select your character? An obvious reason would be that they would again have to dodge around showing a roster that reveals something we don't know. As a worrier, it makes me wonder if they were stupid enough to make it so you have to select your character when you put in your name. Having one static character would be Uber Triple ****ing Fail. Removing Ditto as the wildcard would be Uber Triple ****ing Fail x2.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I hope this mode actually works better in brawl. And when i say "works better" i mean "has actual purpose to do something"

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
FAIL UPDATE. Great waste of development and testing time there Sakurai. Something no one is going to friggin use. Might as well bring back coin mode for tomorrow's update and finish us off.

Zek

Smash Ace
This is a pretty cool update, for people who will use it. Anyone who says it's useless has obviously never played Melee with 6+ people on one console. Even if you have no trouble keeping the queue organized, this'll be nice to automatically switch between names and control schemes as players switch out. I know I'll use this all the time so speak for yourselves.

At the very least, it's an update that isn't a total no-brainer or rehash of E4All info, so I don't see how people can whine about it...

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
This'll be fantastic for parties too - Which is what I do plan to hold, come release day.

I just want to point something out, kids:

In any other game, no matter how high-profile, there would be no daily updates. Halo 3 saw the release of enough merchandising to kill a man, but little to no standardized information. Super Mario Galaxy? Maybe a little media once a month - but updates per day? No way.

It takes a lot of balls, and faith in ones game to say "HEY Let's tell the audience something new about our game every single day". It means that Brawl must be infinitely deep if they can spend a few months telling us more and more, and still promise us a fresh and exciting experience come February 10th. Brawls shadow is a masterpiece before it even hits shelves, kids.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Did anybody think of the fact that PERSONALIZED control settings can be different for every person?
I'd much rather this than having to switch after EVERY SINGLE MATCH....:p
This'll be fantastic for parties too - Which is what I do plan to hold, come release day.

In any other game, no matter how high-profile, there would be no daily updates. Halo 3 saw the release of enough merchandising to kill a man, but little to no standardized information. Super Mario Galaxy? Maybe a little media once a month - but updates per day? No way.

It takes a lot of balls, and faith in ones game to say "HEY Let's tell the audience something new about our game every single day". It means that Brawl must be infinitely deep if they can spend a few months telling us more and more, and still promise us a fresh and exciting experience come February 10th. Brawls shadow is a masterpiece before it even hits shelves, kids.
QFT!! :bigthumbu

worldjem7

Smash Ace

Yes and I realize this. Odd though that you're calling us "kids" when you yourself are a "Smash Child" lol irony.

In any case, this update is like working at Tim Hortons: ANYTHING would be better than this.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Platnum, stop posting here, you area total idiot and disease is not nearly as funny as you think it is, go back to gamefaqs to be with your fellow douche bags. Ugh what a waste of time this feature was, they could have spent this time programming something better... like say a character? We can rotate without your bull**** system thank you very much.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Sakurai with yet another epic win. While I personally will probably not use this mode, and just continue to do rotations the old fashioned way, this update reminds us how in depth and how much stuff Brawl truly has.

Another great update. Epic win.

BoAKaN

Smash Apprentice
I didn't HATE it..I think its useless but at least it was something we didn't know already...I'd rather have some new music up though...which btw I hope they release a music cd for brawl >:B...would be so awesome.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
It's not that bad people.

I would rather have an update that I wouldn't be able to figure out by looking in the manual every once in a while, or something which is just plain common sense, but this update isn't as bad as people are making it seem. Seriously.

Top Bottom