• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

volbound1700

Smash Master
I know everyone probably didn't like today's update but I think it revealed a lot more then we saw. It revealed that there are no rules and theories like we have been stating. Articles have been released declaring there will be possible more then 2-3 third party. However, we have no idea how they will be represented or how series will be represented. We can throw out icon theory, etc. because not every series will be represented the same.

Some may get 3 characters and 2 stages
Some may get 1 character and 4 stages.
Some may just get ats.

There could be even first, second, or third parties that just appear as ats or stages alone and not have characters. There really is no limit to how Sakurai will make this game, the X music release is evidence of this. (A series represented by music only).

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the X Tunnel Stage music sounds like something that would belong on a Star Fox stage. And the turn-off-age of Smash Balls, to me, just about confirms Zero Suit as a character who can be selected from the start up screen. It'd just be weird if, when people turned off Smash Balls, Zero Suit would be completely irrelevant and unplayable.

Oh, and I'm totally predicting a character tomorrow. I can feel it in my bones...seriously. By the second week of November, it was painfully obvious that we weren't getting any more characters that month. It's December now, so I feel chances are a lot higher.

*crosses fingers*

fighterkirby7

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, the X Tunnel Stage music sounds like something that would belong on a Star Fox stage. And the turn-off-age of Smash Balls, to me, just about confirms Zero Suit as a character who can be selected from the start up screen. It'd just be weird if, when people turned off Smash Balls, Zero Suit would be completely irrelevant and unplayable.

Oh, and I'm totally predicting a character tomorrow. I can feel it in my bones...seriously. By the second week of November, it was painfully obvious that we weren't getting any more characters that month. It's December now, so I feel chances are a lot higher.

*crosses fingers*
i secon that.
i feel something very special will appear this month

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I was seriously thinking about killing myself this morning. I wake up, totally pissed off thanks to having to go to school even though its snowing like hell out there (which makes no sense) and all other schools were pretty much canceled. So then I go check the update, hoping for it to add a little bit of joy to my day and the first thing I see is basically "How to use a Smash Ball". I about lost it. But thankfully there was atleast the good tip that they can be turned off and the new music also. So that kinda saved it....and myself. xD

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
who knows you may be right but im not on to get my hopes up since Sakurai is so random it to hard to predict anything.

edit: master chief could never be on smash since he hasnt been on a nintendo game... in response to the quoted pic above but the edit job is better than the boogerman one we had not to long ago

Diddy&Dixie4evr

Smash Apprentice
I possibly believe that sakurai won't add another charecter or stage because probably the rest of the charecters are hidden. Belive me if sakurai was going to put more charecters he would of, he used to put 1 every 2 weeks. Now I think all the charecters who are left in the game you don't start off with. If he is going to put more charecters I bet the next will be jigglypuff. Why, because probably there are only secret charecters left, and jigglypuff has been always the first charecter you unlock in smash bros, so when he does start doing charecters again, if he is, he will put the easiest charecter to unlock first, and continue on by difficulty to recieve, most likly luigi or c.Falcon will be after jigglypuff.

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
I possibly believe that sakurai won't add another charecter or stage because probably the rest of the charecters are hidden. Belive me if sakurai was going to put more charecters he would of, he used to put 1 every 2 weeks. Now I think all the charecters who are left in the game you don't start off with. If he is going to put more charecters I bet the next will be jigglypuff. Why, because probably there are only secret charecters left, and jigglypuff has been always the first charecter you unlock in smash bros, so when he does start doing charecters again, if he is, he will put the easiest charecter to unlock first, and continue on by difficulty to recieve, most likly luigi or c.Falcon will be after jigglypuff.

Why not just C. Falcon since he's been a starter in all the other games? :ohwell:

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Why not just C. Falcon since he's been a starter in all the other games? :ohwell:
not true, he's only been a starter since melee =X

but, after reading some of these posts, i was thinking... well, febuary is coming, and i DO remember sakurai saying that he didn't want to spoil ALL the characters for brawl, who knows, he might be done with confirming characters =x

Stryks

Smash Hero
Actually he said he wanted to show all the characters himself, cause thanx to the internet, other people will just spoilt it and show the new characters, so he rathers show them himself...

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Actually he said he wanted to show all the characters himself, cause thanx to the internet, other people will just spoilt it and show the new characters, so he rathers show them himself...
well hes got a lot of char spots to fill in 2 months if thats the case, which i doubt. I dont think he'll release all the chars, but i have been wrong before :shrug:

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
not true, he's only been a starter since melee =X

but, after reading some of these posts, i was thinking... well, febuary is coming, and i DO remember sakurai saying that he didn't want to spoil ALL the characters for brawl, who knows, he might be done with confirming characters =x

Heh. Proves its been years since I've played that game. >.<

Fearthesmash

Smash Apprentice
So far this week has had some HORRIBLE updates.(horrible being relative, I'm still glad to have the info, but common we knew about the final smash, and the pity smash is.... iffy at best). Anyway, I'm hoping hes building up to a huge character reveal thurs or frid; since the DEC.3 update which was predicted to be big was such a huge letdown.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
It's most likely going to be a Pokemon, music, or mode update. I think hes toned down the updates due to telling us to much information on the game.

He probably didn't expect the delay and started doing the Dojo updates expecting to stop on Dec. 3. We most likely aren't going to get any more character updates.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
I think this update was pretty cool guys, i mean it had some stuff we already knew.
But at least it answered the question, "Can we turn off Smash Balls" Thank god yes.

But I really could go for a Sonic SE update, I wanna see some Brawl Sonic movie graphics!

Ginger9001

Smash Ace
It's most likely going to be a Pokemon, music, or mode update. I think hes toned down the updates due to telling us to much information on the game.

He probably didn't expect the delay and started doing the Dojo updates expecting to stop on Dec. 3. We most likely aren't going to get any more character updates.

I doubt there will be anymore Pokemon or music updates this week since they've already covered them for this week. But ten bucks says it will be something as lame as those. xD

Grandeza

Smash Master
Tomorrows update:
meteor smashes, what they are, and some examples of characters who have them and what they are for those particular characters. If not, Sonic or Zamus's final smash

AIM0001

Smash Lord
So far this week has had some HORRIBLE updates.(horrible being relative, I'm still glad to have the info, but common we knew about the final smash, and the pity smash is.... iffy at best). Anyway, I'm hoping hes building up to a huge character reveal thurs or frid; since the DEC.3 update which was predicted to be big was such a huge letdown.
Well that's what people get for believing the DEC. 3rd rumor that was started by people who didn't know what the f*** they were talkin bout. :laugh:

Anyway wayz uhhh I again don't know what to predict for today. I now have to make top 3 guesses now because Sakurai is so unpredicable. I'm not guessing a character cuz I don't think tonight will be the end of the CHARACTER DROUGHT

TOP 3 GUESSES FOR DEC. 5TH
1. Final Smash (Not sure which character,but I'm guessing a FS we don't know bout yet.
2. I'm going to say a stage. Might be the Mario Kart stage or Final Destination.
3. I'm going to say #3 will be something we already know. I'm placing as a last guess today because I think we may finally get something better.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Well that's what people get for believing the DEC. 3rd rumor that was started by people who didn't know what the f*** they were talkin bout. :laugh:
AMEN.

Tonight? I'll go with a game mode. Haven't had enough orange this week, no sir.

I may have a more educated guess as the time narrows down.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Stage update.

Brawlosseum. (I wonder what its really called)

The stage Mario and Kirby fight on in the 1st SSE video.
I think its the new Final D.
Thats my call.
That's part of the SSE so i doubt it's a playable course outside of that.

UberBob

Smash Apprentice
Well that's what people get for believing the DEC. 3rd rumor that was started by people who didn't know what the f*** they were talkin bout.
Actually, they believed that sakurai would at least acknowledge the date that brawl was supposed to be released before the delay. Dec 3 wasn't just a random day.

Anyways, probably gonna get another known update tonight, though I'm hoping for a final smash

Top Bottom