• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

BUM163

Smash Lord
i spoke 2 sakurai 2day n this is wat he said. all u americans i make feature 2 turn on, turn off 4 ur smashballz. u no likeit thee update, then no looky. i 2 busy wit the new pokemon plastic n aluminum wit ova 100 pokeymon

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
No Animal Crosser?

No DS Playable Character rep?

Wait... we have the F-Zero franchise but...

Could this actually...

LESSEN Captain Falcon's chances?!?
On paper, yes, but we all know he's sitll in.

****, 15 minutes later and every site has been updated except the US. He hates us.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Uf! It could have been better. But at least we got a new song. And whats with the pity smash? That was not in the demo. Just goes to show that the game is still a work in progress.
It actually was in the demo and I remember reading a topic about it on smashboards.

JPW

Smash Ace
double update today.

Never seen the Smash Ball plan laid out.

Nice to get that little bit of info.

Also with the "X tunnel" song. Hmm I wonder what other songs we could hear out of the blue. Can we still hear songs from those who are assist trophies... ie Little Mac NES Password song. That's got a killer tune to it. Lemmings theme? James McCloud's F-zero GX theme(got to love the intro.). We might even hear something from Burai Fighter, Wizards and Warriors, Double Dragon, Contra, maybe something even from Duck Hunt.

CommanderGrit

Smash Apprentice
Ness is debatable, I don't need to bring that up. I also believe Captain Falcon and Shiek are coming back, it was a general response to those who didn't want to see these characters return in the first place. As for Ganondorf I would be extremely surprised if he didn't make a comeback in this game, he's essentially THE Legend of Zelda villain and him not coming back with an altered move set is like saying Sakurai is going to pull Bowser from the game. Falco I'm iffy on, he has a stronger chance then say Jigglypuff or Marth to say the least.
How is ness dabatable?!

Lucas is Ness!! only with an outfit change!

WarxePB

Smash Ace
The music is awesome. I had the chance to play X a while ago, and though it's nothing special, it's kind of cool to see 3D on the Gameboy.

Pity Final Smashes = epic meh.

EDIT: Of course, Sakurai says there won't be an X stage, but if this music is included on anything, it'll probably be an upgraded Flatzone.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Don't play us with the omgwtf why are you complaining about the updates card, heard it too many times before, and its old. We know that the freaking updates are a privaledge, but we have every right in the world to complain about the **** he posts we already knew was going to return(though I did enjoy the Events update).
I'm not saying its a well used privilege, I'm just saying some people abuse the expectancy of the updates being absolutely epic every night.

Only in an utopia will that happen. There will be awesomeness, and there will be cr*p. I think what he posted tonight was all s*it, but it still pissed people off and whined and whined, and went back to praying to God that tonight's update be a Character one.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Has Sakurai ran out of useless updates that we already know from E4All yet? What else do we know that Sakurai hasn't updated? I'm getting tired of these kinds of updates...

Ehh...I guess there's still subspace stuff he hasn't posted yet, but do you think he'll do that?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
When I saw X I was about to get excited.

I can't believe he wasted a whole post on telling us how to get the fricking Smash Ball AGAIN.

courte

Smash Lord
Ness is gone guys, get over it, and guys, he sucked. He was bottom 4, even gimpy said it.
a) gimpy =/= sakurai

b) the world doesn't revolve around our "tireS"

c)how is that even relevant

d) everyone i want to commend you for your mature and respectful behavior regarding these updates really top notch w/o a doubt the way you all give your thanks for these updates with slander and insults... i'm so proud to be a part of this community... when's the next nazi hate rally btw??

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
This is going to cause some trouble now. Even if eventually all pro brawl players wanted to have Final Smashes included in their matches because a character's balance is also based on their final smash and not including them would be going against what the designers thought was balanced, they're STILL going to ban it because of that pathetic pity final smash. Suck badly enough in a tournament against a much better player and now you get a free final smash? Nobody is gonna go for that, so unless the pity smash can also be turned on or off separately from the final smash itself, then we won't be seeing any final smashes in pro tournaments.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Has Sakurai ran out of useless updates that we already know from E4All yet? What else do we know that Sakurai hasn't updated? I'm getting tired of these kinds of updates...

Ehh...I guess there's still subspace stuff he hasn't posted yet, but do you think he'll do that?
Yes, he will, but he likes his secrets, so he's gonna make us wade through Gardevoir, Kyogre, Torchic, Latios, Drill Dozer, more controls cr*p and other stuff we know about, Data, and Options.

Of course, there will be goodness along the way. Just don't expect every week coming out smelling like roses and daisies.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
This is going to cause some trouble now. Even if eventually all pro brawl players wanted to have Final Smashes included in their matches because a character's balance is also based on their final smash and not including them would be going against what the designers thought was balanced, they're STILL going to ban it because of that pathetic pity final smash. Suck badly enough in a tournament against a much better player and now you get a free final smash? Nobody is gonna go for that, so unless the pity smash can also be turned on or off separately from the final smash itself, then we won't be seeing any final smashes in pro tournaments.
To get the pity final smash, you're going to have to get KO'd a significant amount of times. In a row. So even if you get it, the chances of you winning are incredibly low, anyway.

courte

Smash Lord
the rules are made to be broken

courte

Smash Lord
Yes, he will, but he likes his secrets, so he's gonna make us wade through Gardevoir, Kyogre, Torchic, Latios, Drill Dozer, more controls cr*p and other stuff we know about, Data, and Options.

Of course, there will be goodness along the way. Just don't expect every week coming out smelling like roses and daisies.
but how would he know that we know?? if i remember correctly there were no cameras or recording devices allowed at e for all and we were all so respectful that we actually followed those rules

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Why do I even look at the Brawl forums? It just makes me want to commit genocide against the entire human race.

The update gave us several new pieces of information (smash ball is easier to break the longer it's been around) and people still whine. I don't care if you think you "have the right" to complain - having a right to do something doesn't always mean you should. And I also don't care if you think us telling you to shut up is getting old. Your complaining was old the day it started.

Hell, some of you only glanced at the update, didn't even read it, before complaining. Seriously, it takes 5 minutes tops to read it thoroughly. Some of you are just making yourselves look ignorant.

smashbot226

Smash Master

From what we know, Final Smashes CAN be turned off, and if that's the case, then so can Pity Smashes. Of course, I haven't seen a single Pity Smash at E 4 All, so hopefully nobody sucks that hard...

To courte: Funny, then I suppose all the videos on the SSBB demo were fake. Even the ones posted by gimpy himself. Then that makes him a liar.

courte

Smash Lord
Why do I even look at the Brawl forums? It just makes me want to commit genocide against the entire human race.

The update gave us several new pieces of information (smash ball is easier to break the longer it's been around) and people still whine. I don't care if you think you "have the right" to complain - having a right to do something doesn't always mean you should. And I also don't care if you think us telling you to shut up is getting old. Your complaining was old the day it started.
epic win!! now change your diapers babies

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Complaining about complaining is just as useless. Do you actually expect it to change anything?

Just let them rant, and don't let it aggravate you... especially to a degree of wanting to destroy the human race. I like the human race.

smashbot226

Smash Master

Hell, some of you only glanced at the update, didn't even read it, before complaining. Seriously, it takes 5 minutes tops to read it thoroughly. Some of you are just making yourselves look ignorant.
:)

You made my day, gentleman.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman

No new character? UPDATE FAILED!!!

Updates that have failed since an epic win update: 36

SAKURAI WHY DO YOU HATE US?!?!?!

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
From what we know, Final Smashes CAN be turned off, and if that's the case, then so can Pity Smashes. Of course, I haven't seen a single Pity Smash at E 4 All, so hopefully nobody sucks that hard...

To courte: Funny, then I suppose all the videos on the SSBB demo were fake. Even the ones posted by gimpy himself. Then that makes him a liar.
Yeah, I'm just wondering if you can keep final smashes on, but turn pity final smashes off.

I don't remember where, but I have definitely seen footage of the demo where someone gets a pity final smash. There might have even been a thread about it. I just know I saw it on these boards.

smashbot226

Smash Master
Well, if you can't remember where, then it must take a ot of kills on you to make it happen.

Wait, new tactic.

Final Selfdestructing.

You repeatedly kill yourself in order to get a pity smash, netting a free kill.

Wait, it's broken.

NVM.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
There was a pity smash at E for All, guy/girl playing Fox, he/she then proceeded to suck so hard she drove the Landmaster off the stage.

Top Bottom