• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Iceman12

Smash Journeyman
I'm sick of all the rotten people who say they have been waiting for a "good' update for quite some time now.

Not saying that the updates recently have *****, but that I haven't gone through one of the Brawl boards without at least ONE person complaining about Sakurai giving us bad updates and that Sakurai needs to introduce a new character, followed by his/her moves, then the Final Smash, then like the spoiled brats they are, expect a sequence of this behavior in a row.

LISTEN, IDIOTS! Sakurai doesn't HAVE to give you Character updates to make you squeal with glee! IMHO, a good update is something that we didn't know before, or wasn't something blatantly obvious.

So, those who wish for a Character update tonight, GTFO and go play with your Munchlax plush doll.

Jesus H. Christ...
Don't play us with the omgwtf why are you complaining about the updates card, heard it too many times before, and its old. We know that the freaking updates are a privaledge, but we have every right in the world to complain about the **** he posts we already knew was going to return(though I did enjoy the Events update).

47drift

Smash Journeyman
I remember hearing this song in my search to find Totaka's Song in every single one of the games he's worked on! EPIC!

I can't wait to try to find that little jingle in Brawl. It'll probably be hell trying to even begin searching.

And I found the Smash Ball update moderately informative, regardless of me knowing about it already, so I'm not complaining. And Samus tripped. Ha.

i rise

Smash Apprentice
i liked the song, i wish i have actually heard of the game it's from.

it's nice that now no one can say smash balls can't be turned off cause "they're not like normal items".

but besides that.. meh i say.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
this is a good update because we learn new information - that the smash ball can be turned off.

this answers alot of the arguements on this board

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I forgot Totaka's making music for this game. Everyone listen out for his mysterious song in Brawl!

And well, the song was pretty great. The other update... well... can't complain. We would have learned something if we didn't see E For All info.

Sinn

Smash Lord
As anticlimactic as it all still feels, the song was neat and the pity final smash sounds amusing if nothing else. Heh..."I suck so bad the game is helping me now..." Though I wonder if they can get their smash standby taken away as well...

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Uf! It could have been better. But at least we got a new song. And whats with the pity smash? That was not in the demo. Just goes to show that the game is still a work in progress.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think the fact that you can turn smash balls off is pretty important. This is (for me at least) one of the more informing updates of the last two weeks.

Eternal Neo

Smash Apprentice
As anticlimactic as it all still feels, the song was neat and the pity final smash sounds amusing if nothing else. Heh..."I suck so bad the game is helping me now..." Though I wonder if they can get their smash standby taken away as well...
i think that happened in a demo video so i'm betting on yes

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
How to read today's update:

"represented by (characters and stages)" implying a united idea where one and the other go hand in hand
OR
"represented by (characters) and (series)" implying two separate ways of representing a series, and not necessarily as a collaboration

I'm actually surprised that there isn't more controversy over that phrase. I mean, they were fighting on the Animal Crossing stage tonight...

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Pity Final Smash eh? My friend will make good use of those >:), I'm also guessing that people are at least a little releaved to hear that you don't have to play with the smash ball all the time, as sometimes you just want to smash the other guy's face in without anything in the way.

Also, nice music, and this kind of sounds like that we will be able to put any music to any stage, not music to a specific theme of a stage stage

Koji Syntax

Smash Cadet
yeah, giving a pity smash to someone who sucks is just giving it to the people who dont suck.... y'kno

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
Dude, Shiek and Captain Falcon are in. The same as Luigi. No way would Sakurai cheese off the fans by pulling them from this installment. The clones are the real question. Falco and Gannondorf? Will they ever come back? Also Jigglypuff. With the Pokemon Trainer in, she might not return. The same for Marth and Ness, now that we have Ike and Lucas.
Ness is debatable, I don't need to bring that up. I also believe Captain Falcon and Shiek are coming back, it was a general response to those who didn't want to see these characters return in the first place. As for Ganondorf I would be extremely surprised if he didn't make a comeback in this game, he's essentially THE Legend of Zelda villain and him not coming back with an altered move set is like saying Sakurai is going to pull Bowser from the game. Falco I'm iffy on, he has a stronger chance then say Jigglypuff or Marth to say the least.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
How to read today's update:

"represented by (characters and stages)" implying a united idea where one and the other go hand in hand
OR
"represented by (characters) and (series)" implying two separate ways of representing a series, and not necessarily as a collaboration

I'm actually surprised that there isn't more controversy over that phrase. I mean, they were fighting on the Animal Crossing stage tonight...
No Animal Crosser?

No DS Playable Character rep?

Wait... we have the F-Zero franchise but...

Could this actually...

LESSEN Captain Falcon's chances?!?

EDreams

Smash Journeyman
Hahaha, he even actually calls it the Pity Final Smash XD

Nice to know that the Final Smash can be turned off like anything else.

EDIT: Oh, and the music is awesome. Hold no nostalgia for it, unlike everything else, but it's a great song :D

Top Bottom