• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

OATH

Smash Apprentice
What...what IS Zelda doing? How did that fairy get there? I saw someone mention character intros...I thought those were all supposed to be new taunts...?
if you look close near the end you can see like pit come down from the sky

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
For some reason, the Sonic movie won't work....can someone youtube it?

So the release isn't Dec. 3?!
The Japanese release date was shown now, but it's over a month past the north american release date. That doesn't make much sense.

Also Sakurai stated that "There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident." This indicates a possible delay of a month or two to make sure this game absolutely owns.

This is the gamers game. Sega and Sony fanboys will be clamoring over this to see how their big guns dish it out.

OATH

Smash Apprentice
it would be a dumb move for nintendo not to release it this december....but December 2008 O.O!!!, i think i would cry and put my self in a coma

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Orgasmic. I will have to see the update properly later.

Why isnt the UK Dojo updated? It's the only one.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
The stage bit with Charizard is *possibly* the underground of Castle Seige. If it's not, I'm not quite sure. Strike that, probably is a Metroid Stage like previously said after re-looking at it. The platform looks too high tech and it looks like bulbous pustules or something in the background, I can't quite tell >.> Also what stage were the Ice Climbers at? Looked like the Northern Lights or something in the background, probably Ice Climber stage though it didn't tell us much.

Ban Heim

Smash Ace
The stage bit with Charizard is *possibly* the underground of Castle Seige. If it's not, I'm not quite sure. Also what stage were the Ice Climbers at? Looked like the Northern Lights or something in the background, probably Ice Climber stage though it didn't tell us much.
Look in the background of the Charizard stage. You can see the little things that were from the Metroid stage in Melee. You know, the stuff you could destroy to split the stage in two.

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
Not only is Sonic in the game, but they are using the Original Voice Actor from Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Ryan Drummond!
Yep, not only the actor, but I thought the sound effects like his skidding and such from the original games were a nice touch. I was actually playing one of Sonic's more recent games the other day, and that video had more of a sense of speed than the entirety of Sonic Heroes :chuckle: And I don't think Heroes had the good ol' nostalgic sound effects either.

EDIT:

Look in the background of the Charizard stage. You can see the little things that were from the Metroid stage in Melee. You know, the stuff you could destroy to split the stage in two.
Yeah, just re-watched it, and edited the previous post :p Hard to take in all of this at once. >.<

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it could be Bowser's Castle, Castle Siege cavern, or a Metroid Stage. The background and platform lead me to think Metroid, which is a bit disappointing, because I wanted something without lava or acid.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I see. But is Zelda healing herself? Is the fairy healing Zelda? New ↓B?
I was wondering what a character would be like if they had a blatant healing ability...not like Ness's old PK Magnet move, something that just BAM worked every time. This could be interesting.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I knew Sonic would be in this game, but I am very, very surprised they proved that so soon, but it may not be as soon as I think. Since the release date is to be determined, I'm thinking we'll have to wait until February to start brawling.

But that's okay, more development time, more awesomeness.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
A man named "Bluewave" predicted the sonic update + the E for All demo. If his corresponding info is right, the only 2 starting characters left are shiek and tom nook. Now this briings up the question on whether sakurai will reveal secret characters. Because he's a;ready revealed snake and sonic. But that might just be showing off 3rd parties to promote the game.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
ahhhhh this is too huge, everything looks soo amazing and sonic looks really rigged

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
it's gonna be an item: Sakurai's a man who loves items ;)

P.S: Whoever made that "Sonic rumor" thats going around, Sakurai would never update a character like him on just a bland, boring old Wednesday
*checks dojo*

Fail. :laugh:

WOW, Sonic, this is just amazing. I don't even know what to think, lemme to go school first.:psycho:

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Tomorrow's update could be a slice of cheese and I'll still be over the moon.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I doubt we'd get a character tomorrow.. but if we did Lucario would be awesome.

Still can't get over Sonic..

anyone realize that his Logo is # 20. What happened to that whole Logo Theroy?

M.K

Level 55
So...does anyone know when the new release date is? This is creeping me out...

;p Oh well, it's a PWN of an update.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well I was proven wong about Sonic not being the next update, this rocks! But PLEASE don't change the release date, we all waited LONG enough! But i guess goodness comes at a price :(

Drake3

Smash Ace
What...what IS Zelda doing? How did that fairy get there? I saw someone mention character intros...I thought those were all supposed to be new taunts...?
The faerie belongs to Link and Zelda's just...uhh well I have no idea what she's doing but it's SPARKLE-PRETTY :D

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
*now able to comprehend magnitude*

This is just great. I was foaming at school, trying to guess what moves Sonic could have. I was thinking that he would have a grab where he grinded his opponent with a spin dash, and sure enough, it's in the video. This is such a great day.

The TBD is a little disheartening, but I have a feeling it's just a couple of days' difference. I don't think it will have the magnitude of a delay that say, Twilight Princess had. Maybe December 10s or 20s, but I don't think it'll stretch into 2008. Sakurai just wants to get this right; I'm willing to wait.

Holy crap. Did anyone notice how the face icons disappear if the characters get behind them?

Sakurai is a genius.
2nd'ed. This is why I admire Nintendo: their standard of quality is unmatched. And Sakurai is a genius. Too smart for an IQ.

Hard to believe that a few pages back, I was talking about the Metropolis Zone theme. Where are you, Blackadder?

Star105

Smash Journeyman
*now able to comprehend magnitude*

This is just great. I was foaming at school, trying to guess what moves Sonic could have. I was thinking that he would have a grab where he grinded his opponent with a spin dash, and sure enough, it's in the video. This is such a great day.

The TBD is a little disheartening, but I have a feeling it's just a couple of days' difference. I don't think it will have the magnitude of a delay that say, Twilight Princess had. Maybe December 10s or 20s, but I don't think it'll stretch into 2008. Sakurai just wants to get this right; I'm willing to wait.

2nd'ed. This is why I admire Nintendo: their standard of quality is unmatched. And Sakurai is a genius. Too smart for an IQ.

Hard to believe that a few pages back, I was talking about the Metropolis Zone theme. Where are you, Blackadder?
i agree with the TBD release date

heres a quote from todays update

There’s still a little more development to be done... I’m hoping to complete it without incident.
so i hope it won't be too long but there is no question that it is being delayed

oh yeah this game is looking REALLY GOOD especially with sonic in the game

i predict tomorrow.............. mmmmmmm.................. item assist trophy or a stage

burrito

Smash Lord
A man named "Bluewave" predicted the sonic update + the E for All demo. If his corresponding info is right, the only 2 starting characters left are shiek and tom nook. Now this briings up the question on whether sakurai will reveal secret characters. Because he's a;ready revealed snake and sonic. But that might just be showing off 3rd parties to promote the game.
He could have easily guessed it. It wasn't that hard using some simple logic to realize the possibility that Sonic could be in Brawl. I guessed it myself without seeing Bluewave's "prediction".

Last week:
burrito said:
I predict another 3rd party character revealed next Wednesday or at least next week. With all these Snake updates, I think we'll be getting more 3rd party soon. Plus, there's supposed to be some sort of Nintendo event in Tokyo at that time, so it would be fitting.
Yesterday:
burrito said:
Oooohhh, I feel a 3rd party character coming, probably Sonic.
I'm kind of happy to see I was right.

Top Bottom