• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Memo326

Smash Cadet
I say it's gonna be a double update tonight... A notice with the new release date, and possibly something that has been seen already in some of the recent demos/gameplay videos/trailers/hands-ons/etc.

Ideas:
Stages - Norfair, the new Ice Climber stage
Pokéballs - Torchic, Kyogre
Assist Trophies - Advance Wars, Jill (Drill Dozer), Metroid
etcetera

SiD

Smash Master
I'm hoping for this update:

"I'm sorry to say the release date for this game has been pushed back: February 10 2008. To make up for this, there is going to be a downloadable demo for Brawl available next week through the Wii Ware channel."

Delusional, sure. But a girl can dream, can't he?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
That's stupid.
It's stupid to not believe the release date is February 10th, 2008 because it's not on the site...

You, sir, are a ****ing idiot.

all I said was I wouldn't believe it until it was posted on the site -.-, nott hat it was fake or people were stupid for thinking that.

I haven't looked through all the conference info like some people.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I won't believe in Norfair until it's on the site!

I'm betting we're getting the delay announcement and another update, hopefully a vet, as a double update.

SiD

Smash Master
It's stupid to not believe the release date is February 10th, 2008 because it's not on the site...

You, sir, are a ****ing idiot.
Oh yeah, so Nintendo officials saying that is bull ****, because it's not on the site. You're the idiot here.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
No, I hadn't read everything Nintendo said.

Perhaps, instead of calling me stupid, you could reconfirm or explain that Nintendo had said it and blah blah blah.

But of course, it takes far too much IQ to say something like that than it is to say "that's stupid"

My bad.

SiD

Smash Master
No, I hadn't read everything Nintendo said.

Perhaps, instead of calling me stupid, you could reconfirm or explain that Nintendo had said it and blah blah blah.

But of course, it takes far too much IQ to say something like that than it is to say "that's stupid"

My bad.

Well there's where you misinterpreted what I said. I said not believing it until it was on the site was stupid, never meant to claim you were stupid. My mistake for assuming you actually checked to see if it was true before assuming it was a rumor. Either way, sorry you took it as an insult, as it wasn't meant to be.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Fight! Fight! Fight!

>_>

*ahem*

There's been LOADS of info released today...

I hope they actually tell us something NEW tomorrow... like a character or maybe a new gameplay vid.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Well there's where you misinterpreted what I said. I said not believing it until it was on the site was stupid, never meant to claim you were stupid. My mistake for assuming you actually checked to see if it was true before assuming it was a rumor. Either way, sorry you took it as an insult, as it wasn't meant to be.
I tend to not believe things from Nintendo because they change things a lot. Not that it's bad, they just do it to make their games better.

At any rate, it was a misinterpretation. I read what the other guy posted as it was said on some random website that the release date was changed. I accepted it was going to be delayed, I just didn't know the new release date.

At any rate, who's to say this is the new solid for sure date, it's been changed already, and could be delayed again, or bumped up. How likely either of those are now is up in the air.

I get my info from here, usually, that way I can be lazy and not have to check other sites/conferences/etc...

My bad as well.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Ok, no wars here. That's what got "What's Going On in Smashboards" closed.

But I'm actually going with what SiD said... maybe not a true update on the site, but a demo. And yes, and boy/girl/prepubescent alien can dream.

And for tonight, I'm expecting a LOT... but probably will just get an item. >.<

SiD

Smash Master
Alright then, easy resolutions ftw!

But yeah, Nintendo sucks when it comes to release dates.

*Remembers Twilight Princess*

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as how this week has been awesome with updates, I'm not getting my hopes up for tonight's update. I'm thinking that unless it's a notice update with the new release date, then we're getting a "How to Play" update or a "Game Modes" update. Oh, and IF they happened to reveal a stage which I kinda doubt, it would have to be Norfair, cuz what's the point of holding it back for later if we already saw it?

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
There was so much info today just from the videos... it would be crazy if Sakurai just decided to do a massive update with all the new stuff. Maybe too much to hope for?

Possibly an announcement of a downloadable demo as a consolation for the 2-month delay?

Probably just Sonic's Final Smash though -.-

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm feeling Norfair tonight.

It's the biggest piece of information that was revealed that didn't include gameplay mechanics or returning items.

Although, speaking of gameplay mechanics, I'm still bonkers over that diving dropkick Sonic and Zamus have.

Possibly an announcement of a downloadable demo as a consolation for the 2-month delay?
They could release that thing on the Wii Shopping channel for 20 bucks, and I would totally buy it.

MetalMetaKnight

Smash Journeyman
MetaKnights Special moves and Smash Please *Drools* It seems that metaknights side move is dashing sideways while doing his (pwning!!!!) multiple sword hits. His glide looks very free moving like he can move around real fast. Once of his attakcs also is a Tornado. Man i cant wait untill this game comes out.

OH!!! btw, i heard that nintendo wants to release a thing for the Wii where you can download ds demo games and try em out or mii demos too. Wouldnt it be so awesome if for all our patience and waiting, our treat should be the BRAWL DEMO!!! That would relive me sooooooooooooooooo much

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
holy crap, I didn't even think of a downloadable brawl demo. No, no way. There's no possible way that would happen. I mean people have had some pretty big dreams when it comes to updates, but that would be IMPOSSIBLE. If that happened then we would all just shut our mouths about the new release date and just play the demo until February. Too good to be true, couldn't possibly happen. I stand by what I said in my last post.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
holy crap, I didn't even think of a downloadable brawl demo. No, no way. There's no possible way that would happen. I mean people have had some pretty big dreams when it comes to updates, but that would be IMPOSSIBLE. If that happened then we would all just shut our mouths about the new release date and just play the demo until February. Too good to be true, couldn't possibly happen. I stand by what I said in my last post.
We'd most likely get the demo that's being played now... which is pretty full of updates we are familiar with. Still, the size would be HUMONGOUS!

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
I hope it's a confirmation of the new release date (Effing February), along with an explanation of why. Actually, just Sakurai explaining that he, after public outcry and anguish of how the online would be implemented, has decided to take thing in a bit of a diffferent direction.

Hoping for - voice chat, ranking/stat-tracking, a you-can-see-random-opponents names-and-add-them-as-friends option, various matchmaking options.

Basically, I want Sakurai to start the update with, "I was playing Halo 3 online the other day, and it got me thinking...".

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach's FS, maybe? Norfair is a likely contender, though. It won't be Lucas-related, though, which kinda irks me. =/

OATH

Smash Apprentice
I'm feeling Norfair tonight.

It's the biggest piece of information that was revealed that didn't include gameplay mechanics or returning items.

Although, speaking of gameplay mechanics, I'm still bonkers over that diving dropkick Sonic and Zamus have.

They could release that thing on the Wii Shopping channel for 100bucks, and I would totally buy it.
there we go that works much better ;)

on topic: its prob going to be a final smash..or Nofair or w/e

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I hope it's a confirmation of the new release date (Effing February), along with an explanation of why. Actually, just Sakurai explaining that he, after public outcry and anguish of how the online would be implemented, has decided to take thing in a bit of a diffferent direction.
Meh, doubt he'll give much an explanation, he'll just probably say, "We decided to delay it for American release, the new release date is..." showing us February 10th.

But there's GOT to be something else to the update, really. I mean, if we just get the release date, then no other country would get their sites updated with anything since this release date applies to America, really. So there's going to be something else definitely.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley... Ridley.... Ridley..... Cap'n Falcon... Cap'n Falcon... etc.... etc....

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I want Ridley sometime this month, but I seriously don't think it's going to be anytime soon.

I just wish we got more Metroid in general updates.

My prediction: Crappy crappy update that's not worth staying up till 3:00.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon be PC Geno tonight!!! Pc Geno!

Geno for Brawl!!!

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
Everyone keeping count of the amount of updates we have left need to completely rethink everything. Now if we had 1 character per week then we'd end up with 18 more. That's 40 characters. I know that most people assumed we'd get close to that, but yeah, if we get a new character a week, that's the number we're looking at, and that's not all of them if he keeps some hidden. We also have to factor in that he's probably going to have to give us A WHOOOOLE LOT of useless updates like the normal hammer, the homerun bat, etc. These things will now most likely be getting their own updates, otherwise there's no way he's gonna be able to fill up all that space. The only other option is that he cuts off the updates on a specific date. What do you guys think?

OATH

Smash Apprentice
didnt nya, or w/e say they will take out snakes dig move. LOSE. o well good pics :)))

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Pokeball and AT updates as well as Music, Special Moves, and SE info can take up a lot.
That'll probably last us through December. :(

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
ehh...that's not all that bad. my birthday is february 6th so it'll make a hell of a birthday this year to get brawl 4 days later

Weed

Smash Lord
It'll be a rehash update, confirming the release date commotion, followed by a boring double update about SCR33NSH0T5
Man, can I predict or what?

... lol

Not bad I guess, I hope he keeps giving us some decent updates to keep us pumped until February~

Top Bottom