• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
Wait, whoops.
Wrong name. Sid said that, not Sinn.
Sorry, I was tired when I wrote that message.
Speaking of which, I've been awake for 24 hours now. WOOHOO!

Monday will be a red character update of justice in one of it's many varieties. Or possibly Sonic's stage.

burrito

Smash Lord
Hey SolidSonic, if Megaman is revealed as a character, will you change your name to MegaSolidSonic?

burrito

Smash Lord
Awww... that's too bad. It would have been appropriate.

Edit:
I'm sorry, I made a mistake.
burrito said:
The date, October 17 2007, actually marks the 20th anniversary of Megaman, so the announcement must be something to honor Megaman's anniversary.
This Wednesay isn't Megaman's anniversary, that would be December 17th not October 17th.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Something we have alreay seen...for the next three weeks, that is what we will see .

Oh the Agony.
I'm going to agree but add in that we'll be shown a couple new things as he gets what we saw in the demo out of the way.

Also some sort of notice during the next few weeks as the E for All dealy takes place.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
You know what I want to see tonight? Either Lucas: Special Moves or Ness. Anything to make Lucas look not as lame as he currently does.

Seriously, he has, like.. a mysterious snake attack, and fifteen different hexagon effect attacks. Boring.

If he actually does replace Ness, he better wind up looking a lot more interesting. I can safely say he's the only character I have no interest in at the moment. I'd go as far to say that I'm upset over his inclusion.

Even though I'm a supporter of Mother 3 coming to the states.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Lucas special moves or Meta Knight special moves.

I can't tell which one it is...my crystal ball is fogged up.
Someone will burn in a fiery ball of destruction for all eternity if they waste a night on MetaKnight's special moves. If they do, they had better double update it with something, like his Final. Or maybe Halberd music.

Also, I'm about 100% certain we'll see Norfair this week.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
I am guessing the following for this week, the order of my listing is unimportant:
Stage: Norfair or a Sonic stage (green hill zone?)
AT: Advancewars or the driller
Final Smash: Ike or Metaknight
Item: The head from one of the new gameplay videos, has a lot of sticks on its head and does 10% damage, it is in the Samus vs. Mario video
Lucas: Special Moves

I only guessed this because we know of it now (Snake was updated after the Japanese preview I believe)

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
My moneys on an item. Though I think that Sakurai may go easy on us and ignore the demo for the moment...

Desruprot

Smash Lord
Possible... He actually has done that in the past, since metaknight was not fully confirmed (asside from the beginnings of the dojo site) for a long time...

Relean

Smash Cadet
Here's what I think:

On monday, a slow start as usual-And item or Assist Trophy.

On Tuesday, a music update from one of the stages in the demo.

Wednesday will bring us a final smash, hopefully from Meta Knight.

Thursday- It will go downhill from there, maybe another item or assist trophy.

Friday- Hopefully, something regarding the SE.

EliteSmashArtist27

Smash Cadet
How long does anyone think that we can play smash bros brawl without losing interest?? A month? It will be at least 3 years before they release smash bros 4, if they do, and they probably will. But Im wondering about the replayablility of the game. Theres the adenture mode, a couple of hours, if there are diffferent endingd for beating it with every character, then thats multiplied by the amount of characters there are. Then theres regular battling and online battling.

Next 3rd part character is Geno
Next old school character is Ganondorf
Next new character(not including 3rd party) is Birdo
Next assist trophy is boo
Next stage (after norfair) is boswer's castle

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Uhm. Am I the only person expecting a third newcomer, a veteran, and an overall good week?

I think just like last time, it'll be a three-week strand of Newcomers, with a veteran, and a bunch of other good stuff mixed in.

So, if my theory here ends up being right...we should enjoy this last week of goodness while it lasts...:(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They are probably announcing the stuff in the demo this week...BUT

Geno for PC in Brawl, I know it! This week, c'mon!

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Random, but I just realized there are two different "Fox" emblems... Starfox and Foxhound. But that's off topic.

I'm hoping for... Captain Falcon? As much as I get tired of saying that...

Talendime

Smash Ace
I hope it's a character. Whether it's one we haven't seen or a returning one,
'I just want more'

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Super Sonic=Sonic's final smash. I have a feeling that this week is going to be mostly updates based on what we have found out at the conferences...

Advance Wars AT
Entrances return
Peach's Final Smash etc etc.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Were going to get stuff from the trailer that we already know about... but then again, im usually always wrong when predicting the updates

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Well, the obvious choice would be to say "this week and the next week or so will be all stuff we've seen from the demo."

But an experienced person would say "It's Sakurai, he has no ****ing pattern."

I predict something new this week, or at least an expansion on something like Subspace.

Top Bottom