• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Maggirus

Smash Journeyman
I predict a character profile. Hmm..... I think it will be Captain Olimar.....
I'm 75% sure we will see a new character tomorrow.

-Maggirus-

WarxePB

Smash Ace
Last week sucked. Sakurai'd better make it up to us with a newcomer, the Mario Kart stage, an AT that actually does something, more SE info, and Fox's FS.

DarkFox8

Smash Rookie
i have been going through some serious withdrawal I NEED some Captain Falcon it is driving me nuts!!

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Captain Falcon or Ness for tomorrow's update.

I won't mind if I am wrong an it is a new character... Lucario perhaps?

I also wouldn't mind if it was Mewtwo. I want to see him come back.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, I seriously seeing Lucario or Mewtwo would be sweet as well, but Falcon, Gannondorf, Ridley or Wolf would all be awesome as well.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
hmmmm i think i'll go with a stage, there hasn't been one of them in ages

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
CHARACTRE PLOX ?

I'm really not sure what to expect. All I know is, last week I didn't expect anything at all, I was too busy with other junk to even be thinking about the updates, so I came out of it relatively pleased. Except for Tourney; that was one let-down of an update.

I'd love to see Captain Falcon tonight and Ness on friday. I'm sure we'll see a stage this week as well, and... I dunno. Let's just roll with it, shall we?

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
It's Monday, so I don't expect anything big.

Even though I hope it is, especially that one Character Update we've all been waiting for. :laugh:
dont forget we got pokemon trainer on a monday so u never know expecially after the lame updates we had last week and ending friday with a not so amazing tournement mode tmrw might be really great

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Maybe it'll be like what happened with Pokemon Trainer. We had a crappy week without a character and then BAM! Monday a sweet WTF character. I think Olimar fits that criteria. I also hope we get a Zelda Special Moves update accompanied by a Sheik profile.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Well, it does go along well with that guy who told us what he claimed to be knowledge about the roster:

"There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points."
Who said this? I'll be quite surprised since, as of now, there IS only one franchise from Melee not showing up yet and that's G&W. The one character from the original set not returning thing is only as believable as Lucas replacing Ness...but how do they expect to have two of the above things proved true if most of them rely on information we won't be getting...? Unless they show us a Melee character as an AT...

bored

Smash Ace
I think were overdue for another character, yup, it's time for another character update...

I sense a newcomer...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It'll be an item of some sort. I can feel it. Our long drought of non confirmed character updates isn't going to come to an end... :ohwell:

M.K

Level 55
I'm sick of them too, between Pokeballs, AT's, and regular items, I want to kill...someone...

Anyway, Blackadder you here?

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
I think all of us could go for a character right about now.

As for the "snake wavedash" a page back, it really does look like he does. either it was a wavedash or he dashed forward into his down B (or whichever B move)

Blackadder

Smash Master
I think all of us could go for a character right about now.

As for the "snake wavedash" a page back, it really does look like he does. either it was a wavedash or he dashed forward into his down B (or whichever B move)
I doubt it was a WD. It's really unlikely that Sakurai would take a snapshot of that, it really is.
I think it's prolly some weird dash forward or summat, nothing to "ZOMG!".

Anyways, I'd love a stage or Profile today. But I think it's How2Play time.

M.K

Level 55
Eh, I've sort of grown to like "How To Play" Updates...

In order of my liking:
1. Character
2. Stage
3. How To Play
4. Game Mode
5. Items

Yep.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yep, that's why I left the "it could be just a normal forward dash" out there. They've been very careful about what they show us in the videos and screenshots.

This is most likely just him dashing forward into a special move.

Brawligator

Smash Cadet
Every time I wish for a character, I don't get one. And then once I give up, BOOM. Happened with the Ice Climbers. Anyways, I expect a Special Moves/Final Smash Update or an item. [lol, hopefully my logic works and we get a character update]

Top Bottom