• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Two months! Wow, seems only yesterday, we were screaming at Reggie for being a liar.

I agree with the item updates. And I think we are done with Character Profiles. Moves, yes, since we are missing tons right about now. At least five more SE updates... since we still have some pictures from the second one that haven't been explained.

And when the heck are we gonna get a notice?!

And, stages... we are prolly gonna get another row of stages.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
uh, hello? If ICs were the last Profile update then wtf is that Triple Update on Snake we got last Friday?

EliteSmashArtist27

Smash Cadet
Does anyone really care for the tourney update? Thats one of the few features that I could do without. It sucks so much. I wanna see something like a character or a stage. O'm hopinh for Soinc somwtime next week. Or at least a double pdate consisting of an assist trophy

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
If sonic is in, I don't think they'd be jumping the gun on him so quick. Probably give us some veterans or some newcomers we were pretty sure would be in.

I want to say a music update or a character update for monday. Hopefully ness or marth will be announced soon.

M.K

Level 55
Honestly, I agree that we will have no more character profiles. This seems to be the starting roster. Look at how the Character Page is nice and even. The rest of the updates will be "_____ Special Moves" "Subspace _________", "________ Final Smash"

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
If that's true, which it could be, there are supposedly 40 or so characters in the game (give or take a few).

That means there's going to be a whole crapload of unlockable characters if no more character updates.

dragon duce

Smash Cadet
Honestly, I agree that we will have no more character profiles. This seems to be the starting roster. Look at how the Character Page is nice and even. The rest of the updates will be "_____ Special Moves" "Subspace _________", "________ Final Smash"
I very much agree with you. The starting roster is most likely done, the rest wil probably be unlockables. All we will get now are their special moves (w/ grabs like the link update) and game modes/items/few stages/music and possibly a notice.

Watherman1337

Smash Rookie
I very much agree with you. The starting roster is most likely done, the rest wil probably be unlockables. All we will get now are their special moves (w/ grabs like the link update) and game modes/items/few stages/music and possibly a notice.
Objection!

There are more characters still left as starters. Melee had about the same amount of starters as what is announced (RIGHT NOW). But this is brawl. There will be much more than its predecessor had. So you can count on about 4 or 5 Characters left 'til we have unlockables.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Objection!

There are more characters still left as starters. Melee had about the same amount of starters as what is announced (RIGHT NOW). But this is brawl. There will be much more than its predecessor had. So you can count on about 4 or 5 Characters left 'til we have unlockables.
Hmm? I'm not getting it. Brawl had... 14 starters, I think. That seems like a pretty good increase: 20.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it seems like a good increase, and that very well could be the starting 20. But didn't Sakurai say it was only fitting Snake would be an unlockable character, even though we knew he would be in it?

Plus, I'm going to go out on a limb and make a guess that there's probably about 35 characters in the game. That being said, that means there could be 15 or more unlockable characters if true. Now that's a lot.

Alcorn

Smash Rookie
Depending on whether Zamus is selectable on the character select screen (which I doubt will be the case), I think there will be (at the very least) one more character left to reveal, as 19 kind of seems like a strange number. Most odd numbers seem strange to me, actually.

Florida

イーグランツ
SSB64: 8 Starting Characters
SSBM: 14 Starting Characters
SSBB: 20 Starting Characters

+ 6 galore.
Edit: But didn't Sakurai say that Snake would be unlockable?
That leaves us with 19 starting characters... o.O

Plus, we don't even know if all of the characters on the DOJO are unlockable or not.
I'm thinking we'll get at least 3 more character updates-- either if it's Veteran or Newcomer.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
If this actually is the starting list (which I don't think so) that means a lot of characters we thought returning are now locked or not even in the game.

Talendime

Smash Ace
lol...

umm...I'm pretty positive Falcon should be in starters list...this is dumb.

Well, it does go along well with that guy who told us what he claimed to be knowledge about the roster:

"There are 34 playable characters (excluding transformations).
There are 20 starting characters, 14 hidden characters.
Six characters have been removed from the last game.
One of the "Original 12" has been removed.
There are 15 newcomers (excluding transformations).
All but one of the represented franchises from Super Smash Bros. Melee will be returning.
Two character profiles will be revealed this coming week at the DOJO!! (one veteran and one newcomer).

Mock me now if you must, but I'll certainly be having the last laugh. By the end of the week, you'll see that I'm correct with at least two of the above points."

I don't need to anything about the fact that Samurai Goroh is in the game, or that C.Falcon's symbol was displayed, because I am well aware of these things.
Anyway, the guy has yet to be proven wrong, so I'm still not argueing.

However, he did say that there are 20 starting characters and 14 hidden charactes, while not including transformations, so that means that right now we've only seen 19 of these 20. So maybe he is wrong.

Lastly, I think Monday's update is going to be Snake's stage.

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
That really sucks if one from the original 12 don't come back, and if one franchise represented fail to show up either.

I was really hoping ness came back better than what he used to be, but if that "one isn't returning" is true, then that makes me a little worried.

Also, 6 not returning from brawl? The only characters I ever saw possibly getting dropped were Doc and Pichu. They really could have worked on ganondorf and falco to make them more unique.

As for the possibility of dropping shiek, they could have just changed her up.

M.K

Level 55
Yay for owning and disproving! ...and small lemurs...

Hmm....for Monday, it's music! I can feel it bee-yarch! (NOT a typo)

Blackadder

Smash Master
Monday will kick of with...
I'm going to say music or stage. I'm sill waiting for Mario Circuit to be shown...I'm SURE it'll happen this week!

...I'm sure. XD

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
I remember sakurai saying that Fox was going to be unlockable, so I'm pretty sure this isn't the starters list.
so there should be some more characters. ;)
for monday, I'm going to stay with Marina Liteyears+Special Moves
Marina would be an instant win for me, I'd be so happy.

...But Monday's gonna be an item. (don't shoot:))

ToddCam

Smash Journeyman
Whaat? How did Diddy Kong disprove that? I don't understand.
If I remember correctly, the one who originally posted that roster count returned and claimed that the next newcomer to be announced would be Lucas. When Diddy Kong was announced, he was discredited.

Top Bottom