• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Dang, Sakurai's mind games got the forum in an uproar, lol. :psycho:

But anyway, rest easy, breathe in, and exhale the promise of a new week, which I believe will be started with...

A major SE update, with a new boss confirmed! :grin:

SSoH

Smash Journeyman
Every time I wish for a character, I don't get one. And then once I give up, BOOM. Happened with the Ice Climbers. Anyways, I expect a Special Moves/Final Smash Update or an item. [lol, hopefully my logic works and we get a character update]
I pretty much checked the the site assuming it to be something regular and not to exciting, but an update is good no matter how "bad" some people view it. I saw IC's and was like "wtf?"

Out of all the people preaching that IC's were gone they were proven wrong and it opened a very wide door to many other characters people deemed "out." I loved that update...

Florida

イーグランツ
I'm feeling that today's update will be good, for some reason ('tis the only reason I'm staying up for it, haha). Curse Sakurai if I'm wrong, that's 4 dear hours of sleep wasted :(

C. Falcon please :)
Or an awesome item... yeah >.>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon PC Geno...Make those haters eat there words!!!

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
It should be something Mother related, like a remix of the Pig Army song, or the new stage New Pork City, both Mother 3 related, to make Lucas haters eat their words.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Everyone always gets so excited over the weekend, usually to be anti-climaxed by Monday's update..
Exactly. They're disappointing every time now. They're always an type of item. That's why I'm predicting that. :ohwell:

Zoinkslls

Smash Apprentice
Actually, the beginning of the month usually means a pretty good update... Isn't that right? Sometimes it was bad, but it's probably going to be good, though.

Changing my prediction: Epic update (October 1st, Monday): Character or video.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Half the time I'm just like whatever and go to bed right after, but every once in a while I'm like **** that was awesome or some updates left me in a state of almost shock.

But even if it's a sucky update, I still like them... keeps me guessing, and thats kinda the whole point until the game comes out, then all will be revealed and I can play online for a super long amount of time.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Actually, the beginning of the month usually means a pretty good update... Isn't that right? Sometimes it was bad, but it's probably going to be good, though.
Looking back, July started off with Assist Trophies. August started with Ike, and September was Pit's Descent (which was one of our crummiest of updates, IMO).

ATs were somewhat significant, and Ike definitely was, but that's only two, which as any anti-"using-64-to-Melee-ratio-to-predict-Brawl" debater knows, isn't enough to create a pattern.

We can definitely hope, though. I'm personally hoping that with august being newcomer month, and September being veteran month, that we'll see another shift of focus in October...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I'm seriously leaning towards a character this time, even though I jokingly predict that every night. But I have this strange feeling we're going to get a newcomer or maybe a vet.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I'm seriously leaning towards a character this time, even though I jokingly predict that every night. But I have this strange feeling we're going to get a newcomer or maybe a vet.
GAAAH!
Stop it, all of you! I'm getting a feeling of anticipation now.
Dammnit, now I've set myself up for disappointment. Curse you SWF.

Ah well, I may as well hop on the bandwagon.
I'll change my Mario Circuit prediction to Falcon or Ness.
Everyone seems to want to see 'em, so I'll go with it to.

Because I have no imagination to speak of whatsoever. ;)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Looking back, July started off with Assist Trophies. August started with Ike, and September was Pit's Descent (which was one of our crummiest of updates, IMO).

ATs were somewhat significant, and Ike definitely was, but that's only two, which as any anti-"using-64-to-Melee-ratio-to-predict-Brawl" debater knows, isn't enough to create a pattern.

We can definitely hope, though. I'm personally hoping that with august being newcomer month, and September being veteran month, that we'll see another shift of focus in October...
A month of newcomers would be awesome. Just completely totally awesome. It'd shut me up. Especially if one of them turned out to be Isaac.

I'm still predicting an item. :/

iMichael

Smash Lord
Tonight: Fox related meaning....Fox's final smash, WOLF, KRYSTAL, FALCO, SLIPPY(Hey he is a trophy now) lol, Fox item!?!?!?, Fox's piece of the story in the subspace!!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want mother related...Or Super Mario RPG Related...PC's...

Shuma

Smash Hero
Ridley! Ridley! Ridley! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! BK! BK! BK! DS! DS! DS! Issac! Issac! Issac!.

They don't call me optimist for nothing.

Florida

イーグランツ
Item >> 1UP Mushroom!

Edit:

1. Wrong topic :S
2. Hella was I wrong.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
****... Well I can't say I didn't see it coming.

craiigg

Smash Lord
hmmz i swear this update is later than usual, maybe im just up earlier =S

as for predictions, i agree with fox guy. his FS would be awesome, or maybe CF in all his tight suit, possibly moonwalking sexyness

Top Bottom