• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I highly doupt she would be revealed on december 3rd, thats the date something even bigger is going to be revealed... maybe. I say.. shes going to get revealed... Tomorow!

mattc1231

Smash Apprentice
I highly doupt she would be revealed on december 3rd, thats the date something even bigger is going to be revealed...
get outta town!! haha well for something bigger it could be captain falcons left or right nipple, i think the right has a better chance but others disagree. STILL, krystal for brawl fo seriously!!!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
nah, the 3rd will not be a character, itll be something unexpected that generally affects brawl overall... is my assumption.

Krystal is either tomorow or... the 17th! (random date? maybe..)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Lulz.

Everyone wants (insert character here) to be revealed on Christmas day. Good grief Charlie Brown...

killbeast301

Smash Lord
new person added to the staff congrats celso.

just to get back to the discusion on the moveset we were going to make so we can get it over and done. lets take a vote to get it on the wiki page unless someone has another moveset to add. if thats alright wit u e.
(mine's probally not going to win if we do vote but whatevs)
and swich up some moves for a new moveset if someone has a different oppion on one of her attacks

mine is on pg 462

sonic's is on pg. 458

e's is on pg. 457

and chaos gave us a link to his on pg. 459
I think we should take the best of each moveset, and not just take all of 1 moveset.

My "adjustments" to E's are on 459

Elysium

Smash Lord
Lulz.

Everyone wants (insert character here) to be revealed on Christmas day. Good grief Charlie Brown...
lol QFT

For Christman....
I want you.......
Pikachu!!!
;)

Cable Internet FTW!!!

*Cox uses bundle package*
*Hurts my bank account*
*Cox uses free professional installation*
*Cox hurts itself*
*Cox uses Contract*
*...I Die...Cox Wins...*

roy_owns

Smash Lord
I say on the 3rd we get a post saying " ya know how we confirmed Super Smash Bros. Brawl in May? Yeah we were kinda late for Aprils Fools Day so were just gonna tell you that this whole thing was a joke! Thats right, no Brawl, no Feb. 10, no Sonic, no Subspace. It was all a joke. Good news though, Microsoft has just bought all licensed Nintendo characters so watch for an upcoming game for the 360 called 'Mario Sucks' have a good day everyone!"

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i vote Sonic Smashdawg's moveset. sounds reasonable and most likely to happen!

and what could be a bigger update then Krystal?....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol she will be the best thing to hit brawl(haha you get it....HIT brawl....its a fighting game, lol im a dork)

celsosalo

Smash Apprentice
Edmonton, Alberta: HOME OF THE EDMONTON OILERS

and what could be a bigger update then Krystal?....NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! lol she will be the best thing to hit brawl(haha you get it....HIT brawl....its a fighting game, lol im a dork)
Yeah same here, I vote for Sonic Smashdawg's moveset and Elysium's Final Smash.:)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

is that me (hedgedawg) or him (smash down)?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
I noticed something in the latest update, "Events," they skipped the second event... why? Well if you look closely, you'll see the Landmaster, so it's a Starfox level. But Fox is already announced, why would they skip it you ask, my guess, it includes a new Starfox character not announced yet. I'm hoping Krystal but I could also be Falco.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Holy crap, it's almost December (3rd) already. I hope Krystal gets revealed before Christmas (not that it makes a difference)!

Regarding the update, it looks like out of the first four events, the ones that we know of all involve newcomers. The Starfox one is right in the middle. Hmm...could this mean it also involves a newcomer??(!)

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I noticed something in the latest update, "Events," they skipped the second event... why? Well if you look closely, you'll see the Landmaster, so it's a Starfox level. But Fox is already announced, why would they skip it you ask, my guess, it includes a new Starfox character not announced yet. I'm hoping Krystal but I could also be Falco.

This theory is very reaching.

There are many other events they skipped and there are many other events we don't even know about. It wouldn't make any sense for them to just hop on over to event #2 on the update when they didn't really need to.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
This theory is very reaching.

There are many other events they skipped and there are many other events we don't even know about. It wouldn't make any sense for them to just hop on over to event #2 on the update when they didn't really need to.
???

They did Events 3 (Pink Ball Repulsion) & 4 (Cleaning House in Skyworld), and I can only assume Sleeping in the Eggs and Dark Link Duel are 5 & 6 respectively.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
well on a naruto forum a user posted this
http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=12165993&postcount=6315

EDIT: A unconfirmed source of the CoroCoro lineup has been posted, but thus far, there has been no 100% confirmation as to if its true or BS. Again, like that pic I posted, I'll post it here for the sake of it, be it for lulz, something to shoot out, or shock.

I've seen their roster, and trust me, it sucks, there's almost nothing new, and they said they're not listing the unlockable characters for whatever reason. They had one large pic that showed the character select screen and here's the listing of their appearance from left to right on the screen.

Line 1
(A static Box) (I'm assuming this is a Random Select?)
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede

Line 2
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Krystal (!)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Pit

Line 3
?
?
?
Wario
Ike
Lucas
Captain Falcon
?
?
?

Line 4
?
?
?

There were three pictures at the bottom of the page that had images from Subspace Emissary, some good news and some kinda lame:

-There is a scene that looks like Samus and Mario fighting Ridley on a flat stage with lava around (not the Norfair stage though), but Ridley is HUGE, and he has a health percentage (Like Master Hand). Obviously a boss T-T
That REALLY ticked me off.

-The second picture was Fox and Krystal on side scrolling stage fighting robots (The Subspace Army?) and the Sharpclaws from Starfox Adventures (I think that's what their called).

-The last pic looked like an FMV cutscene with a shadowy figure about to fight Mario on the nighttime Battlefield stage. It looks like a new character but he looks like he's in the same standing stance as Luigi from Melee.

And that's all there was.
Not much stuff that's shocking (Krystal and Captain Falcon were pretty much shoe-ins), although the debunking of Ridley pisses me off big time. Altogether not a very revealing article.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
There's really not much to say. If this had been a few weeks ago, this would be VERY big news. But everyone can agree that Starfox will be getting another character (new or old), and most people in this topic can hope that it's Krystal. The VA page tends to favor the latter, but we honestly know absolutely nothing. The exact order of events in Melee meant very little and had no correlation between them. It could be a new stage, a new ability, heck, could just be a boring event he chose to skip over to show off the highlight events.

The skip theory relies on the assumption that Sleeping in the Eggs and Dark Link Duel are the next events on the list. There is little to indicate this is true, so who's to say he didn't skip more events between them?

Plus, the VA's page alone gives a VERY strong hint to Krystal's inclusion. If Sakurai were to reveal someone based on a slip made on his website (the "skipped" event), would he not have already done so for a much larger slip (krystal's VA listing Brawl on her resume)?

In short, it's hard to get excited over this meaning anything we don't already know before.

Now...here's a theory, and I think it's rather important to the overall scheme of things, not just Krystal.

For this to work, we assume Sakurai holds to his promise that he would announce every character before Brawl's release. Let's say he announces a character every week (correct me if I'm wrong, but he hasn't announced multiple characters at once, barring the E3 video). That will take 7 weeks to get to 30 characters. Plenty of time, we have 10 weeks until Brawl's release.

But...that's only 30 characters.

This leaves us with two outcomes:

1) there will be many less characters in Brawl than essentially everyone has guessed so far. This would be a rather large disappointment to most fans, as the slots are filling up rather quickly.

or

2) Sakurai's going to break his trend, and we're going to start seeing a lot of character updates in a short period of time.

The recent update drought makes me want to believe that he's storing up to surprise us all at once. However, there's also a third option which I REALLY hope doesn't happen:

3) There will be no more playable characters, we've seen all there is to see.

The most fortunate case is #2 obviously, and we can hope so all we want. But, as I've said before, Sakurai takes suggestions, but no one tells him how to run his game.

Something else to note: he made the promise to reveal all characters for the December release. Granted the delay gives him a little more leeway, but...unless he delayed the game specifically to fulfill his promise, the earlier pattern for characters meant we couldn't possibly have more than 30 slots. He simply wouldn't have had the time.

...I don't have time to finish this, and I'll forget later. Thoughts?

EDIT: this was made before the CoroCoro post. I...don't have much to say. I've never heard of the CC lineup before this, and I can only say "I'll believe it when Sakurai says so."

NukeA6

Smash Master
well on a naruto forum a user posted this
http://forums.narutofan.com/showpost.php?p=12165993&postcount=6315

EDIT: A unconfirmed source of the CoroCoro lineup has been posted, but thus far, there has been no 100% confirmation as to if its true or BS. Again, like that pic I posted, I'll post it here for the sake of it, be it for lulz, something to shoot out, or shock.

I honestly hope this is a lie. If Sigurd is deconfirmed, then Ridley better get in. If both are deconfirmed, there is something wrong.

Oh well, we will wait till December 15.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
i disagree i hope it is absolute truth(even though i want ridley in to) and Kal a mari. the one that is most likely to happen is we have one more character...and that will be the starting characters. he may show the rest but who knows. another theory is that since the time the "new comer approaching" banner has been revealed, every character it has shown up on will be unlockables...those are the most likely things to happen right now...or he is just going to give them all to use straight up...which is also very likely.

and he can give more then one a week if he is running out of time.

and i saw this mentioned somewhere, but on the events picture if you look close enough you can see Krystal sitting on our left of the landmaster...i can kinda see that but it is jus to small

who would have guessed Wario served Hitler....

EDIT: i just did some zooming and croping to that landmaster photo and it looks like someone not part of the land master...no yellow beak and possibly a staff...but thats hard to tell...but if it is Krystal she is in her adventures..

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Fill in the blanks.

Line 1
Mario
Peach
Bowser
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Kirby
Meta-Knight
King Dedede

Line 2
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Fox
Krystal (!)
Samus/Zero Suit Samus
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Yoshi
Ice Climbers
Pit

Line 3
Snake
Sonic
Luigi
Wario
Ike
Lucas
Captain Falcon
Mr. Game and Watch
Lucario
Ashley

Line 4
Ganondorf
Megaman
King. K. Rool

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
but i want ashley over olimar! lol
*Tear falls down cheek* So do I....

yeah sounds like ol' ridley is a boss...
Take a look at that character count....wow....31? Its going to be a very dark moment for some kids out there who were calling 45-50 characters if this thing is legitimate. :chuckle:

kaboom0190

Smash Rookie
I would like to comment that in melee, there were only a handful of question mark boxes. Many of the characters unlocked in Melee were just added to the sides, without apearing in any of the question mark boxes. I just wanted to mention that because it bugs the heck out of me when people always go around saying "OMG! 0nly X amount of boxes for unlockables!!11 My life is ruined!!1!"

Sorry, just had to say something lol

Edit: I would also like to mention that characters were even moved around after unlocking more (Pikachu is beside Mario intill you unlock more Pokemon, then Pikachu moves to the bottom row)

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
That thing on the last page is fake, by the way. Anywho, does anyone think that the recent character drought is due to Mario Galaxy, and Sakurai wants to really keep everyone's attention still focused much on that? And with all the announcements that are too late about Brawl coming out on the 3rd (next week!), people will be checking the Dojo out to see what's up, so...maybe there will be a huge revelation or a whole bunch more characters to reveal to complete the starting roster and build up more hype?

Levia7han117

Smash Journeyman
you know, I think that not all of the characters revealed to us will be starters right off the bat. I mean, that's a lot of start characters, even for SSB. My guess is that some of them, like Dedede and Sonic, will be unlockable through the Space Emissary levels.

Triple_Factorial

Smash Apprentice
I tried zooming in on the pic and sharpening the pic where the landmaster was and all I got was something that sort of looked like Krystal's head and body.:laugh: I kind of don't know if it is but thats what i got.
I looked at the pic myself, did the sharpening, and compared it to the last screen of Fox's Final Smash Landmaster:

I'm about 95% sure the image is just a Landmaster in a grey background (Castle Seige, perhaps?)

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
^you know i think your right...i was going off the 64 landmaster which the blue wings on the side arent as big...

Take a look at that character count....wow....31? Its going to be a very dark moment for some kids out there who were calling 45-50 characters if this thing is legitimate. :chuckle:
i know! lol i was just expecting 30 to 35...but it could be 35 with the four static boxes filled.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
you know, I think that not all of the characters revealed to us will be starters right off the bat. I mean, that's a lot of start characters, even for SSB. My guess is that some of them, like Dedede and Sonic, will be unlockable through the Space Emissary levels.
Kirby, Metaknight, AND Dedede all being starters would be weird.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
yes that would be strange... dedede would prolly be the unlockable seeing as metaknight seems to be playable in every vid we have seen

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
doubt they'd put an unlockable in so early an event match, so it's likely not a falco stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom