• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The "perfect render" you're talking about would look completely out of place next to someone from the exact same game. You're right, they don't have to change a thing. Command fits the Star Fox motif, and there's no problem with them giving her a staff with the pink jumpsuit. I hope Sakurai avoids the Adventures model if at all possible, and simply because her weapon matches it SLIGHTLY more than her preferred look isn't reason enough for them to use it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
In case you don't remember the Adventures persona of Krystal is her original, if she became a space bounty hunter like Fox is only to be able to put her in further installments.
QFT

@ Kal: he's absolutely right you know: the Krystal from Adventures is the real Krystal; the Krystal from assault and command is a changed version of Krystal because she was so popular a character that they decided to take her along with fox. And the staff is an arcane weapon... you can't just chane it to a piece of technological equipment.

Black/Light

Smash Master
The "perfect render" you're talking about would look completely out of place next to someone from the exact same game.
What?
As long as she is in the same style as Fox model wise than she would look right in place. Hell, take away the gun, eye piece and reflecter item and Fox would look like a advanturer again so tribe looking aint too out of place.

Really, I don't see the big deal with this. There could very well be a mix of command/ assult and advantures out fits. A pink spandix 2 part tibal skirt thing that goes right above her knees well she wears tight lil shorts like Pitt. Top wise, just a pink tribal bra. That way we could get her Advantures suit in a simple recoloring/ atl-custom.

Either way, Im very interested in seeing how she looks. I personally have no idea why she wears spandex in the 2 latest games but Im pretty sure Sakurai and friends are not going to just slap on that command look and call it a day. I look forward to a mix of all 3. . . mostly centered around advantures look.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
From wikipedia for those of you who keep saying that Krystal should "stay true to her series"
Krystal
Krystal (クリスタル Kurisutaru) is the sole survivor of her doomed home planet, Cerinia. She made her first appearance in the series in Star Fox Adventures, where in search of answers to her planet's destruction, and the death of her parents, she comes across a distress signal from the planet Sauria (also known as Dinosaur Planet).

Krystal was originally designed to be a main character of Dinosaur Planet before Nintendo turned the project into a Star Fox title. Her original design was that of a 16-year-old orphaned feline, who was raised by a wizard named Randorn. When Fox became the main character of Adventures, Krystal was redesigned into her present form as a 19-year-old[2] orphaned vixen, and her role in the game became that of a damsel in distress.

Krystal's past is shrouded in mystery. In Adventures, she carries with her a powerful staff capable of shooting energy blasts (among other abilities), which soon falls into Fox McCloud's hands. Without her staff, however, Krystal is capable of telepathic powers, including the ability to sense thought patterns from others, which is used in Star Fox: Assault, and in her dialogue in Star Fox: Command.

Fox allowed Krystal to become a full-time member of the Star Fox team, and the two later pledged that they would never be without each other.

In the prologue of Star Fox Command, it is stated that Fox was worried about Krystal's safety, and broke up with her. The heartbroken Krystal left the team, and nobody knew what became of her for a long time. Depending on the route the player takes, she reappears as either a member of Star Wolf (where she has begun a relationship with Panther) or a member of the Cornerian Army. In the game, in some missions she pilots a Cornerian Fighter (similar to Bill Grey's) or the Cloud Runner (クラウドランナー Kuraudorannā), named and designed after one of Sauria's tribes.

In one briefing in Star Fox Command, Krystal paused before talking to Fox over the communication link. It is unknown if she was still angry at Fox or relieved to see him.

In three of the endings of Star Fox Command, Krystal forgives Fox and goes back to him. The second one shows her and Fox getting back together and having a son called Marcus, who would lead a new Star Fox team. The default ending shows her rejoining Star Fox, but after a few months, she leaves once again to go back to Star Wolf without regrets. In the Star Wolf Returns ending, despite Star Wolf's success, she is publicly known as a traitor of Star Fox, and eventually, unable to face her mistakes, she leaves and changes her name to Kursed, becoming a bounty hunter (eventually encountering Fox on planet Kew, yet he does not appear to recognize her). In the Japanese version, she does not change her name. After beating the Pigma's Revenge final mission, while the ending itself doesn't show what happened afterwards with Fox and Krystal, when Slippy talks to Falco about their victory against the anglars, he also says Fox and Krystal "made up and everything".
Development
Star Fox Adventures was originally planned for the Nintendo 64, as Dinosaur Planet, a game unrelated to the Star Fox series.[6] The plot concerned Sabre (who became Fox) and Krystal, along with their sidekicks Tricky and Kyte (who appears briefly at the beginning and near the end), and Randorn, a great wizard who was Sabre's father and Krystal's adoptive father (who was dropped entirely). There was the SwapStone (who became the WarpStone) which would let the player switch between Krystal and Sabre.[6]

Artwork from Dinosaur Planet showing various characters, including Krystal's original designShigeru Miyamoto mentioned in an interview that after reviewing content of Dinosaur Planet for the Nintendo 64 the similarities of Rare's anthropomorphic designs to Nintendo's Fox McCloud design were strikingly similar and the title was changed to be a Star Fox brand launch game for the Nintendo GameCube.[7] It is clear that Dinosaur Planet was far into production by the time it became a Star Fox title. Rare even went so far as to release MP3s from the unreleased game, along with numerous trailers and screenshots of gameplay, much of which appeared in Star Fox Adventures
Krystal's series is "Dinasaur planet" and it is total crap that she was slighted so much in that game. Granted, without the starfox emblem slapped on it, Krysatl might not have taken off as much after the game, but because of it, she never actually had a game at all.

She is owed a big one by the folks at nintendo. Also, I mean it's pretty clear that Adventures is the only series to which she need remain loyal so the staff and clothes should stay. End of story (though I suppose other outfits could be entertained as alts)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Again it's very unlikely Krystal will have the adventures outfit and a blaster and reflector, is very out of place.
Who said anything about a blaster? Im just talking about colors and ways to combine the out-fits in ways that would alow for the advantures tribal look. Krystal=STAFF ONLY. . . no need to crap on her with future gear.;)

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to start by asking for an apology for coming across as a bit testy. I've had a rough night, but it's not worth getting pissed about. Again, I'm sorry.

Now...about the subject at hand, I stand by what I've said, but it's not important. Y'all are set, I'm set, and in the end we're both probably gonna be wrong. It's all up to him, and no amount of *****ing amongst ourselves will change that. So let's just wait around until she's revealed. Then y'all can tell me to eat my hat or vice versa. Til then, I'll drop it.

The bigger and more important question which we tried to start up earlier...

Final Smash?

Elysium

Smash Lord
Now...about the subject at hand, I stand by what I've said, but it's not important. Y'all are set, I'm set, and in the end we're both probably gonna be wrong. It's all up to him, and no amount of *****ing amongst ourselves will change that. So let's just wait around until she's revealed. Then y'all can tell me to eat my hat or vice versa. Til then, I'll drop it.
Exactly, Stats and Moveset matter, not what they're wearing. Ganon could be defaulted with a clown costume and he would still ****. Outfits don't matter in the slightest.
Krazoa Spirits.
*CoughJeanGreyCough* :laugh:
I like my idea for a FS, despite how bad it blows.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Krystal in Brawl: How not to screw it up.

Step 1: Adventures outfit with alternative pilot costumes (Assault Jumpsuit etc)
Step 2: Staff/Magic based moveset to maintain unique character
Step 3: Do NOT incorporate Assault weaponry, give that to Falco

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Gah, roy-owns beat me to it. Another blue colored character in.... still waiting on Krystal, although Dedede makes me happy....

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i still think the costume will end up being a mixture of all the games, just like it happened to Fox. i really don't care as long as she gets the staff

Krystal for Brawl (and non-sword weilding characters fit in there as well. Woo Dedede!)

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
Dedede is a penguin people, they don't have feathers.

Now, getting back on topic about a character who ISN'T being played favorites, Krystal deserves a spot, more so than most character suggestions on these forums. Also because StarFox needs 2 reps, which is the perfect number (unlike Kirby, where 3 is too gracious for my taste). She's also a female with a staff, everything screams unique-ness.

It actually won't surprise me at this point if Krystal isn't in Brawl, Sakurai's really not making much of an effort to think outside the box for character selections, after Pit that is.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I'll be shocked if she isn't the game, Sakurai can see she is a horribly popular character.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Dedede is a penguin people, they don't have feathers.
"Penguins have a thick layer of insulating feathers which are designed to keep them warm in water (heat loss in water is much greater than in air)."-Wikipedia

EDIT: Wait, wait, wait. Not thinking outside the box?
Snake... Pokemon Trainer?

EDIT2: And in my opinion, Kirby's more deserving of 3. But, that's just me.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
if anything, I think Krystal is one of the next if not the very next newcomer to be revealed. Think about it, as far as first party characters go, almost all the characters who were at the top of Sakurai's list have been revealed as playable.. Ike. Diddy Kong. Dedede. I'm pretty sure Krystal was up there in the top 5 or 6, so the next logical conclusion is that she is on deck for the next character reveal.

Rex+

Smash Ace
if anything, I think Krystal is one of the next if not the very next newcomer to be revealed. Think about it, as far as first party characters go, almost all the characters who were at the top of Sakurai's list have been revealed as playable.. Ike. Diddy Kong. Dedede. I'm pretty sure Krystal was up there in the top 5 or 6, so the next logical conclusion is that she is on deck for the next character reveal.
Krystal was the 7th on the list, the only non-confirmed characters up there higher than she is are (in order): Geno, Ridley, and Captain Olimar.

RDK

Smash Hero
I still think Wolf deserves priority over Krystal, but hey, that's just your opinion, Kabyk.

Anyone have any ideas for Krystal's FS? I haven't heard any good / unique ones yet.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I think krystal has a good chance of beeing in very good chance actually. with fox's alt resembling wolf it just seems like the star fox reps will be Fox obviously , Falco and Kyrstal

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
First off: penguins are birds, they have feathers.

Second off: who has the feeling that if Krystal is in the game (which she probably is) she's a secret character?

(would be so fun to see fox and Krystal's subspace emissary storyboard)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think krystal has a good chance of beeing in very good chance actually. with fox's alt resembling wolf it just seems like the star fox reps will be Fox obviously , Falco and Kyrstal
That would be best. As long as Falco stays!

Elysium

Smash Lord
Krystal in Brawl: How not to screw it up.

Step 1: Adventures outfit with alternative pilot costumes (Assault Jumpsuit etc)
Step 2: Staff/Magic based moveset to maintain unique character
Step 3: Do NOT incorporate Assault weaponry, give that to Falco
QTF!!!! That just summarized the past like 5 pages of discussion. (minus FS)
*sigh* Another blue furred animal confirmed. C'MON HURRY UP WITH CONFIRMING KRYSTAL
Gah, roy-owns beat me to it. Another blue colored character in.... still waiting on Krystal, although Dedede makes me happy....
Isn't Dedede A Penguin? Which would make him feathered.....

Elysium

Smash Lord
Wikipedia said:
Penguins have a thick layer of insulating *feathers* which are designed to keep them warm in water (heat loss in water is much greater than in air). The Emperor penguin (the largest penguin) has the largest body mass of all penguins, which further reduces relative surface area and heat loss. They also are able to control blood flow to their extremities, reducing the amount of blood which gets cold, but still keeping the extremities from freezing. In the extreme cold of the Antarctic winter, the females are at sea fishing for food leaving the males to brave the weather by themselves. They often huddle together to keep warm and rotate positions to make sure that each penguin gets a turn in the center of the heat pack
I believe they do...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
If you guys havent seen it yet, theres a post in the general discussion that links to this voice actor's website which says shes in brawl. Check it out

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Actually...we know her VOICE ACTOR is in the game. Technically speaking, that doesn't mean Krystal is. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom