• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Yeah, I don't think it matters too much on her outfit. I don't think Krystal in her Assault suit makes her look like a fox clone. Though it would make sense that if they only use Adventure stuff for her moveset, that they bring in the other games through Alt costumes.(Note that her Adventure outfit would most likely be her default for what it's worth)

Elysium

Smash Lord
ummm I think you have me there, with the exception that Mario I think mario has the cape still, but has a costume from Sunshine, which I don't think had the cape in it. (Keep in mind, I don't know all of Mario's B moves, nor have I played Mario Sunshine. But there is a chance I could be right. lol) I also feel that Samus might prove a point as well with the fusion outfit, but i'm just guessing.
So it could be possible for krystal to have that.... maybe

Elysium

Smash Lord
I dont see how you got outfit out of "fox's stuff". I meant the blaster and stuff.
Well I made the connection most people I think feel make her a fox clone (Assault outfit, blaster, reflector and all that fun stuff). I was just stating that I don't think the outfit means clone in anyway. I'm %100 Pro-Staff and I don't have any arguments against anything Adventure. Though when people say Assault/command they think blaster and the lot which would make her a fox clone, and we don't want that.

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
the outfit doesnt mean clone your right, and I actualy see them using the assault outfit to do things such as team colors and what not. because it is easier to notice color change on a larger piece of clothing rather than a small one.the main outfit should remain the adventures one.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember a character with a costume from one game and elements from another.
At the time of SSB64 and Melee, Mario hadn't shot a fireball in about half a decade.

Samus' charged shot has NEVER been the same as it has in the games.

Link's boomerang is different from his OoT one.

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I hope she does make into brawl (with her staff) also falco needs 2 come back as well with new moveset

Fawriel

Smash Master
Hmm, I might have to start coming here again.

Also, kaid is my hero.

And that probably banned guy gives furries a bad name. Shame on him.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If I remember correctly. in assault, Krystal was the best character in the game ate using bariers... so please dear God don't let them take anything from assault and waste a move on her with something so terrible when she's got the staff.

For falco, however, this would not be a terrible option. Since assault brought lots of new weapons, falco could be decloned by giving him some junk from asssault for his specials... perhaps he could have the barier... and the high launcher... and maybe his FS could be the arwing instead of the landmaster... though I'd have no problem with both fox and falco having blasters... doesn't necesarily make them clones

NukeA6

Smash Master
If I remember correctly. in assault, Krystal was the best character in the game ate using bariers... so please dear God don't let them take anything from assault and waste a move on her with something so terrible when she's got the staff.
The way you said that sounded like you wanted her to become a crappy character.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The way you said that sounded like you wanted her to become a crappy character.
no I meant that, if they are true to assault, she will get Barier as an attack which would be lame.... even the staff's shield is cooler than the assault barier

Mr. Ocax

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I might have to start coming here again.

Also, kaid is my hero.

And that probably banned guy gives furries a bad name. Shame on him.
First off you can't give furries a bad name, they are just inherently terrible in every way. The scum of society if you will. They just have a bad name, you can't give someone something they already have. Also, furries bring their perverted hopes to Brawl! Why do you think there is so much support for Krystal, Gardevoir, and Midna?! YOU PEOPLE! One down, and I know Krystal is pretty much 100% in so I can't bother with her but when Midna is revealed as an assist Trophy I will laugh at you people for wanting stupid characters in Brawl just because you think they're "hot." *Shudder*

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly positive that, no matter what outfit she's in, she's gonna be using her staff. I don't know how many times it's been said in this thread, but the Adventures move pool has HUGE potential for a Smash move set, and there's no one better-suited to use it than Krystal*. Assualt's pool, while also viable, can apply to pretty much everyone in Star Fox. I'd say Wolf should get it, but it seems that Fox is sporting a Wolf costume...=( Falco-lovers can rejoice, though, as now he has a move pool all to himself, as long as they don't add in, say, Peppy or Slippy.

I digress. But another thing I'd put money on is, if Krystal makes it in, the fanfavorite bra-and loincloth combo won't be joining her. On top of the other reasons I've mentioned, keep in mind that Fox's model is based off his Command artwork. Not just the clothes, his physical appearance. If they use her Adventures getup, she'd be the first character not to match the other characters from her series.

I'm still waiting for a compelling reason to opt for Adventures over Assault/Command, and until then I'm going to remain vehemently anti-fanservice Adventures costume.

*Fox was technically a candidate since he was the one who actually used the moves, but we know he can't use it.

Mr. Ocax: way to prove your own ignorance about this community and the furry community in general. If you're only purpose is to troll for flames and lulz, please leave.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yeah, people who want characters in just because they are hot, are annoying.

What was your point again?

Elysium

Smash Lord
First off you can't give furries a bad name, they are just inherently terrible in every way. The scum of society if you will. They just have a bad name, you can't give someone something they already have.
Yeah, the scum of society. Pedophiles, necrophiliacs, and serial killers don't have jack on the plague that is the furries.
Also, furries bring their perverted hopes to Brawl! Why do you think there is so much support for Krystal, Gardevoir, and Midna?! YOU PEOPLE! One down, and I know Krystal is pretty much 100% in so I can't bother with her but when Midna is revealed as an assist Trophy I will laugh at you people for wanting stupid characters in Brawl just because you think they're "hot." *Shudder*
Yeah Furries bring the perverted aspect to brawl. Not the people that first used the camera to upskirt Peach and Zelda. Not the people that take snapshots of Melee characters in questionable positions.
Gets your facts straight bud. While furries aren't the most welcomed group of people, insulting them flatout like that isn't cool especially when your wrong. Most of the Furries on here (now) don't go around with the random sexual comment towards Krystal, minus sarcasm.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm fairly positive that, no matter what outfit she's in, she's gonna be using her staff. I don't know how many times it's been said in this thread, but the Adventures move pool has HUGE potential for a Smash move set, and there's no one better-suited to use it than Krystal*. Assualt's pool, while also viable, can apply to pretty much everyone in Star Fox. I'd say Wolf should get it, but it seems that Fox is sporting a Wolf costume...=( Falco-lovers can rejoice, though, as now he has a move pool all to himself, as long as they don't add in, say, Peppy or Slippy.
agreed
I digress. But another thing I'd put money on is, if Krystal makes it in, the fanfavorite bra-and loincloth combo won't be joining her. On top of the other reasons I've mentioned, keep in mind that Fox's model is based off his Command artwork. Not just the clothes, his physical appearance. If they use her Adventures getup, she'd be the first character not to match the other characters from her series.

I'm still waiting for a compelling reason to opt for Adventures over Assault/Command, and until then I'm going to remain vehemently anti-fanservice Adventures costume.
here I dissagree: the staff doesn't make sense in the assault outfit at all; she'd either not match fox and falco, which is kkay because she's a different character, or she'd not match herself... which is not okay. Not every character needs to fit in with other characters, its ecclectlic nature is part of what makes SSB great, but I mean look at link: they updated all of his attacks to match his new outfit. If krystal will be using the Adventures staff, why wouldn't they do the same thing in reverse for her?

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
First off you can't give furries a bad name, they are just inherently terrible in every way. The scum of society if you will. They just have a bad name, you can't give someone something they already have. Also, furries bring their perverted hopes to Brawl! Why do you think there is so much support for Krystal, Gardevoir, and Midna?! YOU PEOPLE! One down, and I know Krystal is pretty much 100% in so I can't bother with her but when Midna is revealed as an assist Trophy I will laugh at you people for wanting stupid characters in Brawl just because you think they're "hot." *Shudder*
Correction. You know who's even lower scum of society?

Griefers.

Black/Light

Smash Master

I hope they take some Advantures elements for Krystal and combind them with the Command suit for the main suit like it appears to be with Fox. He looks like he has elements of both these games and now he even has a Wolf custom.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

Yeah, I suppose that fox's outfir really doesn't look just like any of his games... but there is WAY too much variety in Krystal's outfits to combine them... and the two most similar (assault and command) are in games in which krystal bechaves exactly like fox in terms of how she attacks and such. Adventures is different and she has a different moveset: the staff.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing about a staff that can't match the costume. They could very well update the staff to look more future-y. Who says they have to keep the tribal-looking staff?

And...her staff actually doesn't clash that bad against her assault jumpsuit. I don't see how it could, really...

Black/Light

Smash Master

Yeah, I suppose that fox's outfir really doesn't look just like any of his games... but there is WAY too much variety in Krystal's outfits to combine them... and the two most similar (assault and command) are in games in which krystal bechaves exactly like fox in terms of how she attacks and such. Adventures is different and she has a different moveset: the staff.
Seems like assault is the black sheep here (looks like Fox got more red in his out fit from it along with Red boots. . . thats about it. Gun even looks different).

But I do feel they can combine the out fits. Lets see. . . .
Command's head (maybe the helm thing too)

Assault's color boots in Fox's brawl style (but smaller and more female like) and a shorter arm assault top that mainly only covers the rib cage to upper arm (maybe the hair too).

Advanture's tail bands (from both this and assault), her bottom skirt thing in assault material form along with some short assault material shorts under it.

I think that would work out. Females seem to get good customs (they where willing to completely change Peach's outfit and shorten her hair to make her Daisy according to the E 4 all goers) so I figure that she will have something Advanture related in SOME form.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Eh, not a big fan of the Command helmet. Her jacket was cool, though.

As long as it's not simply her bra and loincloth, I'm fine. It's just that Rare made it WAY too slutty. Since Brawl's going to be much higher-profile than SFA, I don't think HAL can pull it off and get away scot-free. Plus...I don't want even more ***s coming in saying "Dude, what's that fox chick doing without clothes? Sakurai's a freak."

...plus it's just not a good look for her. Doesn't fit her personality at ALL. Not like that's important to making in Brawl, but you get what I'm saying.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

As long as it's not simply her bra and loincloth, I'm fine. It's just that Rare made it WAY too slutty. Since Brawl's going to be much higher-profile than SFA, I don't think HAL can pull it off and get away scot-free. Plus...I don't want even more ***s coming in saying "Dude, what's that fox chick doing without clothes? Sakurai's a freak."

...plus it's just not a good look for her. Doesn't fit her personality at ALL. Not like that's important to making in Brawl, but you get what I'm saying.
it's just not honest with the character, that's all I'm saying. They should keep it honest if they are going to give her the staff

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman

i keep seeing the 'rare made her way too slutty..."

WTF, RARE MADE THE CHARACTER! they made her the original way how they saw fit. whether or not you think its slutty has nothing to do with the fact that rare made the character a certain way. it just sounds to me like saying rare took an already existing non-slutty character and made her slutty.. the outfit suits the whole tribal theme of adventures anyway, so..

eh, i don't know, i guess i'm just saying stop gettin on rare's case about it.

Black/Light

Smash Master

When was it stated Hal is making this? Any way I personally think that it's very fitting for her character seeing as that is how she appeared in her first game.

This is how Rare wanted her to look for HER game before Miyamoto hijacked it.

http://n64media.ign.com/media/previews/newimages/dinosaurplanet/krystal.jpg

If they changed it to this for a nintendo game than I think it goes with her character.

But personally Im mostly with Sonic The Hedgedawg on this. I just don't see the future suit mixing well with the sraff. It just seems more logical to atleast half away base her on the advantures game. Thats the one game she has the staff in and that type of outfit goes well with the theme imo.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Frankly, I don't have time to split hairs about who made it slutty or not. Fact is, it is. They'd have to HEAVILY modify it in order to not catch heavy flack about it.

Look, I hate the "oh noe, it's too sexy for teh children SHIELD THINE EYES" argument. Really, I do. But people take one look at Krystal in Adventures and immediately pass her off as a sex object, and a bad one at that. Heck, look at the fantarded crap we deal with in this thread. Look at the perversion over Peach and Zelda. If the costume really doesn't matter to the character, I'd go with the one that causes less of that than one which is "aesthetically matching."

And again. Why can't they make a different staff to go with her newer outfit? Phantasy Star did a pretty good job of making staves and knives and swords look cool, why can't Star Fox?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
We've been through this. It doesn't have to be the EXACT SAME STAFF. Stuff gets updated. See: Pit.

Vesper: Either one. It's understood that she still has her staff; we just haven't seen her with it since Adventure. She took it back after that game, and it wouldn't fit the gameplay for her to use it in Assault. I thought the "Star Wolf Returns!" ending showed her holding a black staff, but my memory's quite fuzzy on that.

I still don't see why make such a big deal. It's not like the staff matched her Adventures costume color-wise.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Who said they have to? They haven't necessarily been doing so. Why do you think Marth wears pants?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom