• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duality

Smash Journeyman
Dude how about no. Not everyone likes Krystal you furry.
Agreed.

Lol I seriously think most of you guys want her in because she's "hot". Lmao that just tickles me :3.

...Seriously though, if she got in that's cool and I think it'd be kinda great, the more the merrier I say, just try to contain yourselves when it comes to these "hot foxes".

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Unfortunately, I've given up hope on newcomer updates...
They'll be here when they get here.
They're a lot of trolls about on this thread.

Elysium

Smash Lord
It's not just the furries. Peach and Zelda both suffer the same fate. There really isn't anyway around that, if you use something like the assault outfit, then you "conflict" the staff. I think Kaid's idea would work, but they might not make a unique alt for her, they might use what the games give them. Anyway you go there's pros and cons, endless pointless discussion, but valid point though.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
What does wanting to play as a character in a video game have to do with sexual attraction? The Anti-Krystals really seem strangely fixated on something completely irrelevant.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Yeah.........uhhhh

So someone said that we got the majority of new comers on Wednesday I think, so i'm calling it first
Krystal for Wednesday!!!
Krystal for Wednesday? You do not want that, trust me.

*points to Lyn and Samurai Goroh*

Wait a while. It's for the best.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
they wouldn't make an all new costume for her. she'd probably have her Adv. costume though the assualt costume may likely be an alt

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
One of the reasons Krystal placed so high on the poll is BECAUSE of the staff. Without it, she has nothing to stand out between her, Wolf, and Falco.

As for costume...my money's gonna be on either Assault or Command. So far, the characters have been updated to something resembling their most "current" look. Why would they make an exception for her? And what says her staff can't be updated to "fit" her A/C look?

The only viable reason to use her Adventure suit is (ugh) fanservice. Pro-Krystal fans get a lot of hate because Rare made her Adventure getup was so slutty (proper, but slutty). They tried fixing that with Assault and Command. Give me one good reason to use her original outfit.

NukeA6

Smash Master
One of the reasons Krystal placed so high on the poll is BECAUSE of the staff. Without it, she has nothing to stand out between her, Wolf, and Falco.

As for costume...my money's gonna be on either Assault or Command. So far, the characters have been updated to something resembling their most "current" look. Why would they make an exception for her? And what says her staff can't be updated to "fit" her A/C look?

The only viable reason to use her Adventure suit is (ugh) fanservice. Pro-Krystal fans get a lot of hate because Rare made her Adventure getup was so slutty (proper, but slutty). They tried fixing that with Assault and Command. Give me one good reason to use her original outfit.
There is no reason other than perverted furry pleasure.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Krystal for Wednesday? You do not want that, trust me.

*points to Lyn and Samurai Goroh*

Wait a while. It's for the best.
This is true... Nothing would be as bad as Krystal being announced as an AT...The thread would implode from the crushed dreams of Pro-krystals...gives me the shivers.
they wouldn't make an all new costume for her. she'd probably have her Adv. costume though the assualt costume may likely be an alt
I agree, I highly doubt they would make all new costumes just for Brawl, were stuck with what the games give us.
I disagree. While the most part of her being so popular is because of her Staff, doesn't mean that they couldn't make a moveset without it. Remember that Krystal showed signs of telepathy which could lead to an equally unique moveset (minus how they murdered Mewtwo) if they did it right. But if there is one thing that I think only two things are save to be assumed as facts, and those are that she will use the Staff, and she will use outfits from the games/or just color variations of one costume. Everything past those are pure speculation and wishful thinking, In my very humble opinion that is.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
The assault costume doesn't make sense with the staff, neither the other way around.
How does it not match? I've seen artists' renditions of assault Krystal with her staff; wish I could find one to back up my claim, but it's not that big of a stretch. It's blue on gold. Krystal's blue.

But for your sake, let's say that Sakurai decides her Adventures staff only matches with her Adventures costume. So why not update the staff? Everyone else is getting updated, even Fox looks much more like his SFC self than SF64. Why should Krystal be exempt from the rule?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
(betting against a double post, cause I'm assuming there's going to be a response before this is finished)

Elysium: The issue with the staff is that it virtually comes with its own moveset. Special attacks go along with the staff magic from Star Fox Adventure, even with its own ^B. There's no reason NOT to use the staff. Non-staff is possible, but her telepathy (from what we've seen) seems to be limited to clairvoyance, nowhere near the abilities of Ness or even Zelda (if you can call her throws telekinetic).

The reason Fox's moveset was completely made up for Smash is simply because no one's seen him out of the cockpit before Adventure (I'm not counting SF64's multiplayer mode). And in Adventure, the moveset he uses...actually belongs to Krystal (she tells him how to use the silly thing in the first five minutes after Fox lands, and she takes it back at the end of the game). We can infer, then, that Krystal can do everything Fox did with her staff. So we have a pretty good idea of how she can fight. In fact, a very good idea. "Because it doesn't match her looks" is a pretty terrible excuse to throw out a move pool with such high potential.

(edit: sorry for the double post, mods)

bob-e

Smash Journeyman
The assault costume doesn't make sense with the staff, neither the other way around.
Even if it doesn't make sense it still seems like a viable option. Sakurai doesn't care about continuity between a character's visual design and their attacks, just look at Zelda with the TP design but moves that were only represented in OoT.

Elysium

Smash Lord
(betting against a double post, cause I'm assuming there's going to be a response before this is finished)

Elysium: The issue with the staff is that it virtually comes with its own moveset. Special attacks go along with the staff magic from Star Fox Adventure, even with its own ^B. There's no reason NOT to use the staff. Non-staff is possible, but her telepathy (from what we've seen) seems to be limited to clairvoyance, nowhere near the abilities of Ness or even Zelda (if you can call her throws telekinetic).

The reason Fox's moveset was completely made up for Smash is simply because no one's seen him out of the cockpit before Adventure (I'm not counting SF64's multiplayer mode). And in Adventure, the moveset he uses...actually belongs to Krystal (she tells him how to use the silly thing in the first five minutes after Fox lands, and she takes it back at the end of the game). We can infer, then, that Krystal can do everything Fox did with her staff. So we have a pretty good idea of how she can fight. In fact, a very good idea. "Because it doesn't match her looks" is a pretty terrible excuse to throw out a move pool with such high potential.

(edit: sorry for the double post, mods)
I completely agree. I'm all for Krystal with the staff. I was just stating that she *could* have a moveset without it, considering how many movesets were made up.
I'm also not an advocate of the outfit clashing with the staff argument, I don't think it matters, really. If you were to take that argument even further and bring Snake into it and say he doesn't fit (Yes i'm anti-Snake for life) but when it comes down to it, it really doesn't matter whose wearing what. It's the moveset and stats that are important, which hopefully Krystal excels in both.;)

vesperview

Smash Hero
What the hell do artist renditions have to do with what's in the game? Krystal has to be in her adventures getup, and the reason Zelda is using Din's, Nayru's and Farore's is because there are tecnically no other moves you could give her, because as people fail to realize Zelda never used Din's, Farore's and Nayrus's in any of the games, now you don't see Link with TP and OoT items at the same time in Brawl, now why is that?

Of course Sakurai keeps continuity, he doesn't keep it with characters that wouldn't have a potential moveset otherwise, now Krystal does have a potential moveset and it would be stupid not to take advantage of that.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
And we won't know either until we see her in the playable roster of the full game.

I guess it would be possible...just extremely unlikely. Like, Sora will make it in Brawl before Krystal has a not-staff moveset.

I'd also like to point out that bob-e brings up an awesome point that needs reiterating:

Even if it doesn't make sense it still seems like a viable option. Sakurai doesn't care about continuity between a character's visual design and their attacks, just look at Zelda with the TP design but moves that were only represented in OoT.
qfe

fluffy

Smash Champion
370 pages of comments and you guys are still talking about her costumes and staff :/

is there nothing else to talk about

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And we won't know either until we see her in the playable roster of the full game.

I guess it would be possible...just extremely unlikely. Like, Sora will make it in Brawl before Krystal has a not-staff moveset.

I'd also like to point out that bob-e brings up an awesome point that needs reiterating:

qfe
You don't happen to have a dA do ya?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Well, she's got a **** good chance to make it in. The Adventures move pool pretty much makes up her movelist (provided she has her staff). Really, the costume thing is a biggie, because...well, why do most Krystal-haters hate Krystal?

hint: FAN SERVICE!

Plus this thread's seen a bunch of trolls and "omg u liek Krytsl u fur lol" **** that's really not deserved. Bringing that up will invariably bring up discussion about her costume.

What else is there to talk about? She rocks, she'd be an awesome addition to Brawl, and Sakurai likes her idea a lot. We can't do much until he announces one way or another.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Like someone just did. >_<

Speaking of Final Smash, what would it be? I honestly can't think of anything. Some of them are a little...not obvious.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
If I was Fox I wouldn't let Krystal in Brawl, I mean how many times has she left him, heartbroken, how could he fly his Arwing knowing the things that Panther guy was doing to her, SHE PLEDGED TO HIM! AND THE STILL LEFT and CHANGED HER NAME! What a man(fox)eater!

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Why do I keep coming here? I keep thinking "maybe their will be some intellgent reason why Krystal should be in brawl"

Blam! a sentence about masturbation, top of the page!

Krystal not for Brawl!......At least for that guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom