• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Awww I picked a bad day to stay offline for awhile. I seriously think that this thread is one of the touchiest on the board. (granted that the other threads don't get hentai posts) I think thats why we get the random posts like "I'd do krystal", because they can see that the thread reacts by complaining about it for a couple pages. Maybe my observations are wrong, but thats what it seems like.

On topic: I'm down with option three for the spirits. But I'm not set on anything, even the moveset that people assume is a given. Note that all because she *might* use the staff as her primary weapon, does not mean that it's her only means of attack. Take Link for example. His primary weapon is a sword, but his special include a bow, boomerang and bombs. Only one of his specials used his sword.

I'm not bashing anything, I just think that we should all stay open-minded when it comes to... just about everything in Brawl. I don't think that Sakurai will base her *whole* character off one game. It's just something to consider because I could see this thread being bombed by people complaining that her B moves aren't what we thought, or that everything isn't based off what we think it should be based off of.
true, however, the point of specualtion is to speculate

and I'm with VV on the laser gun comment

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yes there's no rule that says she couldn't have elements from all the games as a brawl character. Its possible for Krystal to have her staff and a gun and grenades and magical/physic powers or any combination of the aforementioned items.

FS should be something where she summons dinosaurs and they wreak havoc on all the opponents. This might look mechanically, if you could imagine it, like if you combined Bowser's final Smash with Pit's.

or perhaps a better way to put it would be like the Excitabike AT expect longer, and with MUCH bigger summonables.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That would be highly incoherent, if Link doesn't have items from OoT this time around because he only has TP items, why should they break that rule with Krystal and give her elements from all of her games? Plus Assault elements would get in the way of the Staff's moveset.

Elysium

Smash Lord
true, however, the point of specualtion is to speculate

and I'm with VV on the laser gun comment
Oh I agree. All of the character threads are made for speculation, but since Krystal is been talked about so much, I don't want people to mistake speculation for fact. I also agree with pulling out a gun out of nowhere, but this is brawl and anything can happen.

Edit: This just came to me. When they revealed Zelda and Link with the new TP design, everyone assumed that since Zelda's character model was based off Twilight Princess, that she would get her rapier from the game. Which is another case of mixing speculation with fact....

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I don't think that people naturally assumed the thing about zelda... it was brought up as an option, sure, but I don't think it was the dominant mentality

LordNannyKnuckles

Smash Rookie
I personally don't think that Sakurai should mix Krystal from Assualt and Krystal from Adventures, unless he gave her a whole new attire which was a reasonable mix between the two. Seeing a whole bunch of staff moves then a few gun ones implemented here and there (Or Vice-cersa) would seem awkward to myself, but I could see it working for other people. For it to work for a majority of people, I'm sure, Sakurai would have to find a pretty even mix of the two.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Oh I agree. All of the character threads are made for speculation, but since Krystal is been talked about so much, I don't want people to mistake speculation for fact. I also agree with pulling out a gun out of nowhere, but this is brawl and anything can happen.

Edit: This just came to me. When they revealed Zelda and Link with the new TP design, everyone assumed that since Zelda's character model was based off Twilight Princess, that she would get her rapier from the game. Which is another case of mixing speculation with fact....
She could get the rapier as down b if Sheik doesn't return.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Nah, a blaster just seems really... out of place.
The staff has plenty of awesome moves.
If you do the pterodactyl idea it will be to reminiscent of Ridley and Charizard. The spirits seem like a good idea.

The sword Zelda uses in TP doesn't look like a Rapier to me. Rapiers remind me of Sabers, however, I just started fencing...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If you do the pterodactyl idea it will be to reminiscent of Ridley and Charizard. The spirits seem like a good idea.

The sword Zelda uses in TP doesn't look like a Rapier to me. Rapiers remind me of Sabers, however, I just started fencing...
A sabre is made for Slashing, the rapier is made for thrusting

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

pretty much everything here is correct:

spirits= krystal's most unique option for a FS

staff= better than blaster for Krystal

Zelda's sword= straightsword... a rapier is thin and not sharpened for slashing. it is exclusively a stabing weapon (like what fencers use)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
pretty much everything here is correct:

spirits= krystal's most unique option for a FS

staff= better than blaster for Krystal

Zelda's sword= straightsword... a rapier is thin and not sharpened for slashing. it is exclusively a stabing weapon (like what fencers use)
The rapier is sharpened and can slash, I think your talking about an epee

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually I think I know what kind of sword Zelda's might be but it will take a bit

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
yeah... ignore me... I was confused but still.. zelda's sword was not a rapier... a rapier is FAR thinner
Phew, at least I'm not the only one who didn't think it was a Rapier. Playing Soul Calibur teaches you something about weapons...

Anyways, Krystal's Staff shot fireballs in SF:DP, which can easily replace a silly little blaster.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
actually... zelda's sword looks a lot like my favourite sword of all time: the Jian. except Jians are chinese and zelda is of mideival mythology so it would have to be a european equivalent

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
actually... zelda's sword looks a lot like my favourite sword of all time: the Jian. except Jians are chinese and zelda is of mideival mythology so it would have to be a european equivalent
It doesn't look anything like a Jian

It looks closer to the European Zweihander if anything and that's not the sword I was looking for

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
yeah, actually the staff has a really great moveset built into it, so there would be no need for a gun.

staff also makes for some great combos (i.e Kilik in Soul Calibur)

I would hope Krystal could have some combos that look like that =)

Elysium

Smash Lord
yeah, actually the staff has a really great moveset built into it, so there would be no need for a gun.

staff also makes for some great combos (i.e Kilik in Soul Calibur)

I would hope Krystal could have some combos that look like that =)
haha, yeah Kilik ftw!

And aren't we all glad we have something else to discuss rather than Krystals attire? :laugh:

"Mission Accomplished"

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
It doesn't look anything like a Jian

It looks closer to the European Zweihander if anything and that's not the sword I was looking for
yeah I see the zweihander there... I mean it's modified to look more fitting of a princess but it looks closer to a Zweihander than anything else. (except that zweihanders are bigger and heavier... two-handed right?)

I guess I was just omparing it to the Jian in bredth and length

... so basically, in conclusion, Krystal will be wearing a loincloth and bikini top for brawl :chuckle:

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
it looks like a good old fashioned European longsword doesn't it?

or is that a bit fat?

ummmm........krystal, or something.......

Elysium

Smash Lord
I hope so too. But I fear we might have to wait for more vets to come first, though I could be wrong. Rumor has it that either Luigi or Falcon will be announced first, but a Krystal update wouldn't hurt anymore. lol

kaid

Smash Master
Krystal in tanktop and Vest, plus shorts. The Tomb Raider look goes well with the staff, while still being semi-modern AND showing off her feminity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom