• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffy

Smash Champion
not to mention the old ridley thread. how it disgraced everyone with all the spamming that went on :p

Shuma

Smash Hero
Staff.

And what i meant is that if some new franchise is going to get reps it would be Golden Sun. I think it's a given that Issac will be in Brawl. And what does the Ridley thread have to do with the character?

fluffy

Smash Champion
nothing really. you were comparing ridley, dedede, isaac, and sukapon with krystal.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Not in the least. Representing more franchises > adding reps to a franchise already in the game
You're all about ******** statements are you?

Krystal has become one of the leads in Starfox with Adventures, Assault and Starfox for the DS, she is popular among players and Starfox needs more reps besides Fox and Falco (Who hasn't even been confirmed).

Isaac, is just the star of one Golden Sun title.

Sukapon, japanese only has been.

Seriously, Krystal FTW!

or maybe Krystal can be a Fox alternate character right? hahahaha!

Shuma

Smash Hero
She has no games, she has starred in Fox's games.

The Star of one very good game> femal sidekick of 2 "bad" star fox games

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
She has no games, she has starred in Fox's games.

The Star of one very good game> femal sidekick of 2 "bad" star fox games
She isn't even the star of Adventures. You play with her for like 2 minutes, then Fox for the rest of the game.

Shuma

Smash Hero
You should know better vesperview, many people here know i support Krystal, why she isn't wasting space in my sig? 'cause i now she's a given.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
It's not wheater her games are good or not. It's a question of if she would be a good addition to brawl. Now, I'm not a big fan of the Starfox seiries, but I think so.

because:

1: She has a staff, making her a unique moveset already.

2: She could replace falco. <---(dissagreed by some.)

3: She's a girl, Sakuri himself said that SSB needed more smash sisters.

vesperview

Smash Hero
It's not wheater her games are good or not. It's a question of if she would be a good addition to brawl. Now, I'm not a big fan of the Starfox seiries, but I think so.

because:

She couldn't replace Falco, Falco is more important than Krystal.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
But anyone in the game can have a unique moveset, regardless of their weapon. Link, Ike, Metaknight and Pit all use swords and all look like they play differently.

How is this a point in favor of Krystal? "Replacing Falco" is not a good reason to add her because Falco doesn't need to be replaced. As vesperview said, Falco is more important than her. Period.

I know Sakurai did say this, but I still disagree with the logic. More females would be nice, but I don't think it should factor into their chances. Characters should be added because they're just good characters. If Krystal were a male character, I don't think people would be so adamant about having her.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Wolf and Falco are on the same ground, both are very important, and no, Falco is not Mario's Luigi, Falco is a rival, just like Wolf. But this is not the wolf thread rigth?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
i doubt it. id assume we'd get Krystal first, id even expect slippy to be announced b4 falco. they've already announced alot of returning characters, noone really new from the starfox games tho. but i dunno...u may b right
Chances are both Krystal and Falco are hidden. If any hidden will go to starter, it will be Falco. Just due to how Krystal is and how she'll probable fight, she'll be hidden.

Also, there could be an order to the character, in which Falco beats out Krystal. But, overall I beleive both are hidden.

Sinn

Smash Lord
It was just a metaphor, clearly Falco is more on Fox's side than Wolf.
Mario and Luigi have their sibling rivalry thing going on from time to time, what with Luigi being the younger brother who is always being shoved out of the limelight by Mario. So the analogy isn't really all that bad.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
This starting roster is getting pretty big...

Even if she is a hidden character they could still reveal her.

Anyway, a lot of us think shes already in. Just have to wait :3

-Onyx

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
sadly, part of me thinks falco might not make it since he's SO similar to fox in every way... same for wolf really... but then again, falco is actually the favourite character of the franchise, despite the fact that Fox stars in the game.... IDK... the whole starfox rep thing is completely up in the air.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Actually Wolf is way more popular than Falco, at least in this forum, there was a Star Fox poll somewhere, and Wolf had 2 votes more than Krystal.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wolf and krystal = about equal in fan appeal.

nintendo held a vote that encompassed all gamers that viseted their site not just smash board users (so a more fair and a larger sampling)

falco was complete and utter ownage at the poll, doubling fox IIRC who was his nearest competetor

Shuma

Smash Hero
Again Vesperview... chek your facts, the Wolf thread is one of the smaller in the site, and i sayd it was a Poll thread, never did i mention the Wolf thread.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
the poll in question might as well have just not existed... it proved that wolf was indeed, no more popular than krystal and vice versa. They were equal... to smashers on smashboards at least....

the problem is, we don't encompass all gamers, so most polls here won't mean anything when taken as popular opinion

I made the Wolf thread :)
hooray for you... have a cookie

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Heh good stuff going on in here. I honestly can say polls aren't really that reliable unless you know that everyone will see it, like on... Dare I say it? Gamefaqs front page that everyone sees.

Though there isn't really much to say about it now, but I am not going to argue and debate. Shes in.

In the end if I'm wrong, than sure... I was wrong, what ever its still a great game.

-Onyx

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Heh good stuff going on in here. I honestly can say polls aren't really that reliable unless you know that everyone will see it, like on... Dare I say it? Gamefaqs front page that everyone sees.

Though there isn't really much to say about it now, but I am not going to argue and debate. Shes in.

In the end if I'm wrong, that sure I was wrong, what ever its still a great game.

-Onyx
true 'nuff

Elysium

Smash Lord

In the end if I'm wrong, that sure I was wrong, what ever its still a great game.

-Onyx
+1
Without Krystal we'll still have a bunch of character that will be just as fun to play, and regardless we'll still play Brawl for years to come, but.......

Krystal for Thursday!!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
honestly, I think she must be in or she'd be an assist trophy by now... I mean would sakurai really leave us hangin'? or would he, realizing how many people take her inclusion as a given, make her an assist trophy so we know not to expect the update that will never come. The fact that he hasn't done this leads me to believe that she's in... I mean sakurai seems to be trying to go deconfirm a lot of characters that are on the fringe, like meowth and lyn

Chepe

Smash Lord
Remember people, that Sakurai still has Captain Falcon, possibly Ness, and MAYBE another 3rd party to do profiles for. Id expect a Krystal confirmation in no less than 2 weeks...

No one should doubt her inclusion of course, especially if 3 Star Fox characters are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom