• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Remember people, that Sakurai still has Captain Falcon, possibly Ness, and MAYBE another 3rd party to do profiles for. Id expect a Krystal confirmation in no less than 2 weeks...

No one should doubt her inclusion of course, especially if 3 Star Fox characters are in.
On the contrary, I doubt Sakurai will drop another 3rd party, IF there is one more, for a long while now. He dropped an atom bomb with Sonic last week and that will tide over many gamers for now. Any newcomers that we get within the next few weeks will be Nintendo characters, like maybe KRYSTAL. Although I would like to see him reconfirm Falcon as a returning character first.

Krystal for this week!

DeNice

Smash Cadet
NNID
DeNice1776
3DS FC
2509-1398-2342
With today's update I'm beginning to worry about a Krystal A.T.
I still don't have any doubts about Krystal being a PC. I believe she's got a whole lot more riding for her than Little Mac in comparison. The only thing we can do is wait on it; we still got quite some time to get the verdict in on her, so until it officially comes in writing, I'm staying on my belief that she'll be playable.

Conker1

Smash Ace
But anyone in the game can have a unique moveset, regardless of their weapon. Link, Ike, Metaknight and Pit all use swords and all look like they play differently.

How is this a point in favor of Krystal? "Replacing Falco" is not a good reason to add her because Falco doesn't need to be replaced. As vesperview said, Falco is more important than her. Period.

I know Sakurai did say this, but I still disagree with the logic. More females would be nice, but I don't think it should factor into their chances. Characters should be added because they're just good characters. If Krystal were a male character, I don't think people would be so adamant about having her.
WINNAR! Especially agree with the last point.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
People also want her in because she would have a unique staff moveset....

Falco was my main, but I can admit hes a clone.

pud22

Smash Apprentice
I hope she mains the staff but can pull out guns wit her down b move like marios squirt gun

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This starting roster is getting pretty big...

Even if she is a hidden character they could still reveal her.

Anyway, a lot of us think shes already in. Just have to wait :3

-Onyx
I think she's in. But I don't think we'll know for a long time. Just wait and see.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I want Krystal in because of the Staff moves. It would be rather ridiculous to have a Fox with a Staff and the classic Fox, so the only alternative for a staff wielding character is Krystal.

DP provided an already perfect move set for a staff.
You guys know the moves already but here they are (again)

B - Fireball
Side B - Ice Blast (similar to Bowser's Fire Blast)
Up B - Rocket Staff
Down B - Earthquake

As I said all of these moves were in DP in one form or another.

If Lucas got in, I think she can get in.
Courage mes amis!

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I haven't posted here in a long freaking while. I'm not going to go back and read all the added pages. I'll just say this...

FUUUUURRRIIIIIIIIES (shakes fist)

Krystal for Brawl

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I guess this is true... but you know, it certainly doesnt hurt to squash the overpopulation rule

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
No, people say he MIGHT be deconfirmed because Fox sported alternate colors that looked very similar to Wolfen's.
We don't know for sure yet.
even his fur had a palate swap... it would be like hoping for daisy in melee even after seeing peaches alternative outfit.

I mean, if wolf was going to be in the game, then why would they allow you to make fox look like him? It would just get way too confusing.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They said they were similar not that they were Wolf's colors.
if it weren't to allow a person to play as "wolf," they wouldn't have made any of fox's outfits change his fur to wolf's.
t would really help if we had a picture of his outfit to prove it

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You seem really happy about Wolf's deconfirmation, my guess is you didn't wanted him to be playable lol.
so long as he didn't take the place of a better character I was fine... problem is: I want Krystal more, and he gets in her way, so until she's confirmed I wasn't going to back up wolf.

... as it stands, he's a character very similar to fox in most aspects, so I mean, being able to play him through fox is fine... it's better than a lot of non-included charcters get (my poor Lyn and Toad)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
They probably would have had way too much trouble coming up with an original moveset for him too.
yeah... this was probably the best he was going to do... this or an assist trophy.... I think this is the better outcome personally

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
well, while I really like Wolf, this does seem to make Krystal the unanamous choice for at newcomer from Starfox, and pretty much the next in line (I would MUCH rather see Krystal than Falco, if there can only be 2 reps from SF.) Its bittersweet i guess.

as for the Wolf alt costume for Fox, I'll go see what it looks like in person tomorrow. I'll try to get a picture if I remember.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Why would Wolf take Krystal place? that's Stupid, wolf would've taken Falco's place, not Krystal's.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Why would Wolf take Krystal place? that's Stupid, wolf would've taken Falco's place, not Krystal's.
no. not place as in exact niche: place as in representative from starfox:
you know the whole overpopulation rule; there's no way fox falco wolf and krystal could have all made it

Shuma

Smash Hero
Only his Fur changes, so it's not a deconfirmation... yet.

@Sonic:

No, but 3 character's ins't pushint it, and it seems you think Krystal is not a shoe in.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
After all the mindgames Sakurai has pulled, I don't consider ANY character a "shoe-in" until it's confirmed on the site. Do I think Krystal has a good shot? Definitely. Do I think she's guaranteed? Nothing is guaranteed.

Krystal for Brawl (gotta frequent this thread more now that Sonic is already confirmed.... we need support!)

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
Ok... So.. Krystal for the win basically?

Aw right!

*Goes back to playing wow*

-Onyx
When was Krystal a question. I know she's in :bigthumbu

After all the mindgames Sakurai has pulled, I don't consider ANY character a "shoe-in" until it's confirmed on the site. Do I think Krystal has a good shot? Definitely. Do I think she's guaranteed? Nothing is guaranteed.

I kdon't know if that's entirely true Cenedar. While I think your just saying nothings 100% your wording seems to point otherwise. Anyway with this matter Sakurai has yet to deconfirm a shoe in. I mean look at any character deconfirmed so far. None of these characters had the support of Rationality there was to make it. Sakurai metagame is good but every man follows a pattern. Some patterns however don't follow in sequence but rather logic. It is Sakurai's logic that will unlock the pattern as well as the true character conformation list. BTW Krystal is on it. ;)

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
First post on this illustrious thread.

I have to say, I really wanted 4 things in about August: Sonic, Ridley, Krystal, Character Intros. 2/4 so far.

Krystal for Brawl, it's just such a good fit.

And no that was not sexual innuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom