• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Krystal...thats a good girl...good girl. She is the only good StarFox character left. Wolf is seemingly deconfirmed and there is no way Falco can have decloned moveset away from Fox's , think about it.

So Krystal is good.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Krystal...thats a good girl...good girl. She is the only good StarFox character left. Wolf is seemingly deconfirmed and there is no way Falco can have decloned moveset away from Fox's , think about it.

So Krystal is good.
falco is a mystery to me because, while I agree with this statement greatly, Falco is more popular than even fox, so I think he's earned a spot.

A good idea might be to Luigi him.

remember, while luigi's moveset takes inspiration from mario's it is still not a clone's movest by any stretch.

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Basically

Y.Link, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu=OUT,
Ganondorf, Luigi=DECLONED
Falco=impossible to declone, but can try

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Basically

Y.Link, Roy, Dr. Mario, Pichu=OUT,
Ganondorf, Luigi=DECLONED
Falco=impossible to declone, but can try
no... don't change luigi much.. he's not a clone as is and shouldn't be drastically different than mario. It's just the way luigi should be.

like we say... falco could pretty easily be luigied... but you appear to think that luigi is a clone so this probably won;t change your opinion.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
please both of you just grow up... both of those comments were completely unnecesary... I'd prefer it if the next 5 pages of this thread weren't a bickering contest.

edit: thank you VV for trying to return to the Krystal topic.... but it wouldn't hurt to be nicer you know

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
f***** idiot stay invisible PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate this kid man, I'm sorry.

Alright, I'll be the bigger man and ignore him, I promise.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
okay good (BTW you do have a nifty ignore button if you'd rather just never see his posts... IDK but I mean if you really hate hi I suppose that would work, but really I mean I don't think you should hate someone for a few harsh words exchanged online... I guess that I can't say that I've followed this advice offline but, hey might as well try to help you become a better man than I am)

ANYWAY. do you understand why luigi is not a clone?

Ralph_Marquee

Smash Journeyman
Luigi has a few moves that are his own, but 3 of his 4 B moves in melee were clone moves of Mario...not good. Luigi's doing alot better than all of the other clones though, I give him that.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Luigi has a few moves that are his own, but 3 of his 4 B moves in melee were clone moves of Mario...not good. Luigi's doing alot better than all of the other clones though, I give him that.
... don;t look at just B moves... look at everything.

Luigi's "a" button attacks were all unique to him. Sure, some were about the same as mario's but not all... in fact not even most.... Most were unique.

Also, he has a completely unique B move and his 3 others all have very different properties when compared to his brother's.

ALSO, he's not a clone... I know this seems like an opinion, not a fact, but look at it this way, the designers might have used mario's attacks as a template for luigi's, but they did not just copy and tweek. They actually made luigi a separate character, they just made him similar to mario (and rightfully so: they come from the same games and have nearly the exact same abilities... they should be exactly as similar as they are)
-As a side point for this, in Melee, true clones could be identified as so because they caused glitches in multi-man melee scores often. Luigi cannot cause such a glitch because he is not a clone... I'm not sure exactly why, but the characters in melee that were thrown in as clones often have trouble having their multiman melee scores not automatically record the first new score they get, whether it's higher or lower than their current record.... Luigi does not have this problem.... the problem can also just randomly alter the scores of clones... luigi's isn't affected.. he is, definitively, not a clone.

I hope you can now see why luigi is not a clone and how falco's relationship to fox is akin to mario's with luigi. This parallel gives me hope that falco can be luigified so that he is not just a fox with different stats.

Procrasticritter

Smash Journeyman
I dunno how this thread got on the subject of clones since its supposed to be about Krystal, who surely won't be a clone of anybody...

that's the whole reason we think she should be in Brawl, right... the fact that she has potential NOT to be a clone of anybody else.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Krystal could be a clone if sakurai was dumb enough to use assault or command krystal rather than the staff weilding adventures krystal.

But sakurai isn't dumb or insane last I checked, so I think we're good.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
Krystal I think is owed a spot. I trust this has been said many times before, but she did miss out on having her own game in the N64 era. Though she would have looked a little different. Dinosaur planet was postponed back in the 64 days and became StarFox Adventures, and Krystal got shafted to second fiddle. Not all that fair.
I would say that her Adventure outfit should be her main, but she could have other outfits. I keep forgetting what outfit Fox is in, since i haven't played either, but if Krystal gets the adventure outfit then an alt. costume would possibly be the same as what Fox is in. I wouldn't mind seeing her as she was originally made though, a bit more like Fox I think, I need to look at the review I have of it in an old magazine.

But yeah, Krystal would rock out in Brawl, she coud be the Darth Maul of Brawl, (Darth Brawl, ah that's a cool username...darn) the staff, come on. Yeah, that'll do.

NukeA6

Smash Master
What do people have against Falco anyway? he's more important than Krystal even if you hate to admit it.

Krystal from Adventures
Falco with new moveset

Everyone's happy.
I'm not.

Krystal better be in an outfit other than the one she had in Adventures. I don't want to see some half-naked hairy woman with a fox's head.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I'm not.

Krystal better be in an outfit other than the one she had in Adventures. I don't want to see some half-naked hairy woman with a fox's head.
if sakurai's smart. she will be in that outfit. Not for sex apppeal but because, like I said, we all want the Krystal that attacks with a staff. That Krystal is the krystal from adventures, not the one from assault or command.... it would look really weird for her to have an arcane weapon like a staff and to be dressed in her high tech space outfit (which isn't much more modest)

I mean he'a put in Samus in a skintight little blue number, so it's clear that he could put krystal in a similarly provocative get up

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Just as long as she dosent replace Falco..I fully support Krystal for Brawl! :D

But I hope she keeps her Adventures/Assault attiude. I hated her SO much in Command >.< I actually liked Slippy in that game XD

As for her appearance...the Adevntures outfit may be too revealing and her Command style just reminds me of how ruined she was in the game, so...her Assault look is the best! But she needs the staff too :D

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

But I hope she keeps her Adventures/Assault attiude. I hated her SO much in Command >.< I actually liked Slippy in that game XD

As for her appearance...the Adevntures outfit may be too revealing and her Command style just reminds me of how ruined she was in the game, so...her Assault look is the best! But she needs the staff too :D
I really hate the Assault outfit, simply because of the fact that her hair now looks like a plastic wig.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

I wouldn't worry about that.. 3 characters isn't too muchto ask for from the starfox series and she's different enough that she won't compete with falco. Really, the only reason falco wouldn't make it would be if Sakurai decided it wasn't worth it to make him a new moveset... but it wouldn't mean that Krystal replaced him

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
UGH.

Please no Sakurai. I can only hope he makes the right choice. A hideous she-fox with a stick is not necessary.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Urgh you again, trolling as usual, Krystal is practically in Brawl by now, she is extremely popular in the video game scene and StarFox will have more reps and since Wolf is apparently deconfirmed, more chance for Krystal, now GTFO, go back to troll the Takamaru thread now that's a service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom