• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keroku

Smash Apprentice
I don't know, I sure wouldn't mess with her if she has a gun. never bring a wooden hammer to a high-tech HMG fight.

Milkyway64

Smash Journeyman
Poor Popo! How DARE you guys say he might have done something as cruel as skinning another intelligent being just so he has a coat? Popo and Nana aren't monsters, you know, and like the above poster said they wouldn't mess with her if she had a gun, right?

Right?!

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
....who is that im guessing this is from galaxy...ahh im soo confused anyways if you guys want in a couple of days i might be able to make some pics of krystal i have 3 maybe four idea's of her costume

1 her corneria costume
2 her space suit
3 her old costume (slightly altered)
4Kursed her bounty hunter costume

heh umm ill do my best... hope you like it well when i get them up
Good luck with them! Hope they get up soon, sounds interesting.

I just love that picture of Fox in the second screenshot.

"No wait! Oh **q*, what did I just say?!"
"Come back! I'll only put it in for two seconds!!"

-.-

><

Aww man, I was so sure we were going to get Krystal today and instead we got the ICs
EDIT: Just to let you know I like ICs
Still wanting to see Krystal one of these days..

I hope Popo's new parka isn't made out of Krystal D=
Popo's one looks more purple... Purple... mmm...

Poor Popo! How DARE you guys say he might have done something as cruel as skinning another intelligent being just so he has a coat? Popo and Nana aren't monsters, you know, and like the above poster said they wouldn't mess with her if she had a gun, right?

Right?!
We don't know their personalities as well as we know the rest of the cast...

-Onyx

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Awe, c'mon now. The only reason people hate on Slippy is because he doesn't exactly have the physique (or the demeanor, I guess) of a fighter. Or at least, that's the assumption I've made. In my opinion, Slip would work just as well as Fox or Falco, and certainly has seniority over Krystal. And next to Fox and Falco, Slippy's seen the most cockpit time. Krystal just offers a little more variety for a moveset (as well as the furries something to "shake a stick at").

Character-wise, I like the two of them pretty equally, actually. I'd just give a nod to Krystal for her staff-based moveset.

Krystal love is good, but the Slippy hate's a drag, yo.

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
i can actually imagine slippy in smash it would work he can even use his togue sine hes a toad n all but krystal just seem way more cooler

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I.. actually can't see Slippy in the game other than an AT at most.

I guess I don't like him for the same reasons other people don't..

Krystal for Brawl anyway.

-Onyx

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
well, let's see... Krystal seems like an almost sure thing.

I mean peppy, slippy ROB, and any starwolf team member besides wolf himself seem like big noes so that leaves Fox, Falco, Krystal and Wolf.

I don't think it's very likely at all that all 4 will be playable and I'm sure that most people would agree with me there...

Also, Fox is a sure thing so that leaves Falco, Krystal and Wolf fighting over the last 1 or two spots.

I think that we could agree on two things here, Falco has the biggest chance of the 3; I mean he was in the last one after all. But we should also agree that the only one of those three who is probable to be a unique character is Krystal. It has been stated that clones are going to be avoided so that means that assuming tat falco returns, he will have a very new moveset... or maybe fox's moveset will be very different too so that falco's WHOLE moveset doesn't need to change.

Anyway, I think that this leads to a largish unlikelihood of seeing Starwolf since he is very similar to fox besides being burlier. This having been said, coupled with the fact that SSB is sorely lacking in the female department and Krystal's large popularity seems to give her a ticket to fill the 3rd spot.... so I guess the only REAL question is: are there 3 spots or just two?

fluffy

Smash Champion
i was thinking of this...

what if fox's alternate costumes were slippy, peppy, falco, and krstal! very unlikely but it would be sick.

wolf should be a mini boss like petey.

krystal for brawl! and the reason why they dont have her in smashbros yet is because they're saving the best for last. of course!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I can't see that outfit bit really happening at all... possibly if they decide to omit falco which is REALLY REALLY REALLY unlikely, they could have falco as one of fox's outfit changes, but the other characters are way too different.... I just can't see this happening at all though... sorry.

However, this idea would really work quite well for resolving Pichu and Doc's problems

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
If they add the falco from command or whatever in the pic...it wouldn't be a clone

Dammnit, I forgot Krystal and Megaman in my icon banner thing...

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
http://a326.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_0a8a44cb794ebb6b6743692e86fe70d5.jpg

its crappy quality since i lost my photoshop so i had to suffice with a different program
but here it is this is krystal's "kursed" costume. im sorry for the quality yea it only took me 20 min to do this and i was sleepy but, ill ink it so you guys will have a better view at it. also i already done her normal costume but im too lazy to edit it right now :) (im extremely sleepy) hope you like it

NukeA6

Smash Master
Awe, c'mon now. The only reason people hate on Slippy is because he doesn't exactly have the physique (or the demeanor, I guess) of a fighter. Or at least, that's the assumption
It's mostly because Slippy is very annoying. Plus, many of stuff he does leads to screaming for his life.

At least I could stand Krystal.

Sinn

Smash Lord
http://a326.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/100/l_0a8a44cb794ebb6b6743692e86fe70d5.jpg

its crappy quality since i lost my photoshop so i had to suffice with a different program
but here it is this is krystal's "kursed" costume. im sorry for the quality yea it only took me 20 min to do this and i was sleepy but, ill ink it so you guys will have a better view at it. also i already done her normal costume but im too lazy to edit it right now :) (im extremely sleepy) hope you like it
I think it's great! Though certain parts make it hard to tell if she's wearing clothing over the spot or if it's just bare. Any plans on coloring it?

blueriku

Smash Journeyman
yea im redoing it and ill also color it too i noticed some thing i messes up on so ill repost a redone verson of and ill also have her original costume

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well let's look at what krystal's got going for her lately:

1) Lyn did not make it in as a playable character
- this is huge. Lyn would be an agile weapon weilding female protagonist. Now her exclusion has cut out a major competitor for the void which Krystal aspires to fill.

2) Look at her backing.
-Krystal has enormous support in the U.S. smashing society... I'm not sure what her following is like overseas, but here she is one of the frontrunners for inclusion along with Toad and Diddy (who is now included).

3) She's got that staff
- I mean come on, that staff comes pre packed with it's own special moveset and the fact that she's the only character with a staff means that she would have a completely unique moveset. It might take some work not to make her broken with enormous speed and range but I'll bet this won't be a big problem.

4) She's got a pair of X chromosomes
-It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to see that the franchise is sorely lacking in the estrogen department.

5) she doesn't have too much competition for representation from her own franchise.
- Falco has the largest fanbase of any starfox character and fox is the protagonist, but after that she's really got nothing to wory about. ROB, Slippy, and Peppy suggestions tend to be laughed at. Her only competition is Wolf since villains are also an underrepresented demographic. But when we look at it, there are always going to be more protagonists in the series than antagonists, especially since Star Wolf not starfoxes main enemy and is, in fact, only really a mini-boss. Still, he's a very real threat to Krystal's inclusion, but I'd give Krystal a slight edge here.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think Lyn was more in competition with Takamaru than anyone

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Mmm I'm happy now, seeing more support and reasons to see her in.

Yes, she is in the game... Just not revealed yet :O

:3

-Onyx

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
I think Lyn was more in competition with Takamaru than anyone
Thankfully Sakurai made room for Takamaru by getting rid of Lyn as playable, honestly. I much rather Takamaru.

Err... Yeah, Krystal has a very high chance in Brawl and I really hope to see her with the staff from Star Fox: Adventures. She would be a very unique character, and I would prefer her over Wolf anyday.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I woke up and had to go to the bathroom, so I checked the update. If any of you expect me to be able to go to sleep now, you're kidding yourself. Though I wonder if the roster we have up now IS the starting roster what with the screen shot of the icons that they have in the Wi-Fi mode set up...? They BETTER give me Krystal before the game comes out.

Of course, if you start with 20 characters and then have another 30 to unlock, I suppose that's kinda cool too. Hey, do you think you can unlock characters you don't have yet by fighting someone who has them in Wi-Fi mode? xD

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Thankfully Sakurai made room for Takamaru by getting rid of Lyn as playable, honestly. I much rather Takamaru.

Err... Yeah, Krystal has a very high chance in Brawl and I really hope to see her with the staff from Star Fox: Adventures. She would be a very unique character, and I would prefer her over Wolf anyday.
I agree. However, if she does not come with her staff, I'd be SEVERLY disapointed

Fawriel

Smash Master
There's no reason not to give her the staff. Anyone who seriously considers that she could not use her staff should keep far away from a game design job.
Some people give Sakurai too little credit.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yes, not to say that krystal can't make it on her own merit, but the staff is as big a reason to include her as any other reason if not bigger.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Krystal without her staff is like Fox without his ship.

Oh crap.
QFMFT. Don't get me wrong, I actually liked Starfox Adventures, but the foot missions in Assault didn't do it for me. Just wasn't varied enough to really make it worthwhile, he's should've staying in his ship, or in a Landmaster, end of story!

But yeah, Sakurai is smart, he'll know to include the staff if he puts in Krystal.

Krystal for Brawl!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I recall the reason I didn't hate Adventures was because I went in expecting it to be what it was. Assault not only took away my ability to choose my path through the game, which was part of the fun in 64, but I got seriously lost in some of the missions where you had to go on foot. It was like...what am I DOING here?

Fawriel

Smash Master
Actual Krystal discussion!

If you were to make a Krystal combo video, what song(s) and what name would you choose for it?

I don't know about a name, but the only song that comes to mind...... is Power to the Meek by Eurythmics.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MM2t4RjwI6c ( Ignore the video. =P )

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
I really can't think of any... I like Avenged Sevenfold or Three Days Grace so I could use one of their songs.

-Onyx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom