• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data The Official Kirby Match-up Thread

BunBun

Smash Master
For some reason my recording always fails when I'm about to record Nizro's Kirby, but last friday it finally worked. Videos should be up tomorrow, but it's mostly (only?) friendlies with me trying to figure out how to beat him with 3 different chars. And sadly that says more about me than his Kirby.

Next friday (I think) Armada may be visiting Stockholm so we are going to have a small tournament. Expect videos of both Nizro's and Armada's Kirbys.
Awesome!

When they go up, post them here or leave me a visitor message. I love watching other Kirbys.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
Read my post again, I forgot to mention that I was speaking of the NTSC hit and not the PAL hit, the PAL hit NEVER hit you up at an angle.
I edited it before you posted that message..

So.. you think your Fox, Falco is better than ARmadas, IVPs, CWs, Pepitos Fox/Falco?
Or that you got a better Luigi than AJP?
Or a better Sheik than IVP, C, Jadde, Aniolas, Armada?
Because if you aren't you'll surely lose because they have against my Kirby.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I know its not actually true but man, Fox looks so **** slow in PAL it makes me sad lol.
If you play PAL in 50Hz, you are stupid.
If you play PAL in 60Hz, it will be *exactly the same* as NTSC.

late edit:
Oh, and 50Hz with Melee doesn't make the game any slower. It might actually make it 0.1% faster.

Tero.

Smash Champion
I could smack my notebook into pieces every time I read one of those cocky stupid Nizro posts.
Could you probably shut the **** up once? Like seriously...

Also I'd love to see you get chaingrabbed by Sheik 4 stocks in a row.
NTSC is ****ing ******!

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
comes back. seriouly how's it impossible with them not camping? f-tilt beats nair and your grab outranges his grab. kirby is crap but if it's close range he can at least land hits.
ftilt doesn't beat ****. what if fox dashdances once, THEN nairs? gg.

icg you don't actually play this game. stop posting as if you do. also, bunbun would **** you backwards, forwards and sideways

sup bunbun 8)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Eh, you know, canned coffee, melon bread, all that. I'm at work right now lol. The weather got REALLY nice as of about 5 days ago though ^__^ it feels soooo good just walking around outside now lol I love it. Probably gonna get really cold soon though. >_>

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Read my post again, I forgot to mention that I was speaking of the NTSC hit and not the PAL hit, the PAL hit NEVER hit you up at an angle.
I edited it before you posted that message..

So.. you think your Fox, Falco is better than ARmadas, IVPs, CWs, Pepitos Fox/Falco?
Or that you got a better Luigi than AJP?
Or a better Sheik than IVP, C, Jadde, Aniolas, Armada?
Because if you aren't you'll surely lose because they have against my Kirby.
Oh ok, i didnt re-read your post so i didnt notice, sorry.

Also, no my Fox/Falco/Whatever isnt better than those particular people, but unlike those people im also not willing to bother playing against kirby. To beat Kirby with most characters you dont have to rely on a character, you can rely mostly on the stage you play on completely. Like I said, I doubt Calle W picked Fox, went to KJ64 and camped you for 8 minutes during a friendly.

Hell, I'll do it to Armada's Kirby too lol.

Also, Toph, wtf you're in Japan? Buy me a copy of Pokemon Black, I'll totally suck you off if you do.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
lol I didn't start the whole "Imma win no matter what" posts.. and besides you get chaingrabbed in NTSC just as much as marth does..
And I will say it one more time, NTSC Kirby sucks.. It's alot harder to win against Sheik and Fox for sure I would never EVER pick up Kirby in NTSC..
I do play him sometimes in teamfriendlies(NTSC) but I must often change after just a few matches(note, I switch even if I win all those matches) because Kirby just don't feel the same at all.

That ftilt thingie is one of Armadas main thing, he use that move all the time.. wavedash backwards ftilt is his fav move :)..
I'll post a match between me and IVP.. Fox is easily one of the matchups I haven't played a whole lot. but I never find Kirby lacking anymore than any other of my characters.. ofc being able to take people on the top platform of DL64 is one thing. but other than that I have never really felt like "**** this character is too slow, or it's range sucks or he can't edgeguard, he can't combo, techchase, can't get in, dies to fast.." etc etc.
I'll start repping Kirby more.

edit:pepito did go Fox and camped me on DL64 so I know how it feels.. and about KJ64.. so you'll actually select a stage in a friendly that gives you the advantage.. so I can just naturally assume that I can pick Brinstar or Mute City next stage select and pwn your *** in 2mins rather than your 8mins of camping? :)
Seems fair I guess.. and I assume I get to pick brinstar or mute city even if I win on KJ64 because otherwise it would be kinda unfair to only play on KJ64 all day =/
I ain't being cocky here, just found it funny that you actually get to pick a counterpick stage without actually asking if it's okay first.
It's basicly like if ARmada would play Peach and select Mute City everytime you played him.. you would never play a friendly against him in that case.
(I have played against camping Falco's and they're easy to beat, just get that laser(or just reflectorshield.. or reflector shield to inhale(it's awesome) and teach them the business.)

And we don't have KJ64 on in Sweden/EU so if I went Kirby a whole tournament I would ban DL64 so that no one can camp me.. GG :)

edit2:And you make it sound like all "boring"/slow/midtier and down characters should get KJ64'd PF'd regardless if it's a friendly or tourney match..
So if you play against a Jigglypuff player you instantly go KJ64 and Fox.. or Pokefloats against Peach
m2k atleast pick a neutral stage when he does it.

edit3:I didn't mean to come out as a cocky douche, and I apologize for that but I just kinda react like that if people make up stuff as if that's the only way to see it... You can basicly just say stuff like "Shine > in the game, you shouldn't play smash" but you can come around the shine with every char one way or another..
And for the most parts when I do cocky posts I don't 100% mean it except when I mention stuff like "that person got ***** etc etc" that's more or less true but I overstate it.
I have seen this "Kirby can't do nothing" or "You have never played against a good top tier player" I have done that and gone ever further, I have played against the best players and done fine.
Most Kirby mains go away from a match and say stuff like "Well I did that Kirbycide or atleast I took one stock from a top tier" and think that that's good enough for Kirby.. it ain't enough he's a beast and should settle for nothing less and I want to show people that.

And tero. I saw your puff live at Berlin calling, you can get blasted in the face if you keep on playing that gay ;)
late edit:
Oh, and 50Hz with Melee doesn't make the game any slower. It might actually make it 0.1% faster.
too good :)

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
Also, Toph, wtf you're in Japan? Buy me a copy of Pokemon Black, I'll totally suck you off if you do.
Yezzir.
I'm actually trying to get Pokemon Black working on my flash cart atm... >_> Not so much because it's free, but because I want to be able to back up my save file.

You should be able to pick it up in the USA though, especially if you live in a place like California. Silent Wolf already got his copy of White, he bought it at a game store called Pink Gorilla in Seattle.

Speaking of Silent Wolf, I've played a ****LOAD of space animal vs. his Kirby. Fox vs Kirby really might as well be 100-0 <_< and not just for the camping lol. Although, even though I say that, I think the worst matchups in Melee should be represented by like, 7.5-2.5. This game's worst matchups aren't THAT bad, compared to like, the worst matchups in SF2, for example imo.

Tero.

Smash Champion
And tero. I saw your puff live at Berlin calling, you can get blasted in the face if you keep on playing that gay ;)
I don't even play Puff anymore and my Fox is even worse than my puff in terms of gayness.
You guys can feel blessed cause I'm not actually good at this game (:

Oh and there certainly isn't anybody in the Smash community with the balls to punch me in the face without getting his *** handed so hard he's never going to show up at a smash tournament ever again =P

BunBun

Smash Master
]
Most Kirby mains go away from a match and say stuff like "Well I did that Kirbycide or atleast I took one stock from a top tier" and think that that's good enough for Kirby.. it ain't enough he's a beast and should settle for nothing less and I want to show people that.
Lol I only feel like "**** YEAH! STOCK TAKEN" against Fox. Everything else is doable, but I still think a patient, careful Fox absolutely, terribly ***** Kirby.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Lol I only feel like "**** YEAH! STOCK TAKEN" against Fox. Everything else is doable, but I still think a patient, careful Fox absolutely, terribly ***** Kirby.
Sure he does, because Kirby terribly sucks (:
You can still take stocks tho because Foxes tend to screw up and get gimped.

If the Fox knows his stuff and doesn't screw up and you're not a way better player then him you have absolutely no chance for winning, this isn't exclusive to Kirby tho.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Realistically the best way to get stocks with Kirby against Fox is to play the edge, hope for mistakes and abuse Kirby's Dsmash since the angle it sends opponents out is silly. Once again, it's the same strat that pretty much any character has against fox Get him to the ledge->Abuse his crappy recovery/easy to gimpness but the problem for kirby is he has absolutely no way of forcing that character to the ledge. At least in the case of Falco you can get lasers and literally annoy them into approaching, **** fox and his stupid being fox.

Also, I totally want to punch Tero now, just so I can say my balls are that big.

Edit:

Toph said:
Yezzir.
I'm actually trying to get Pokemon Black working on my flash cart atm... >_> Not so much because it's free, but because I want to be able to back up my save file.

You should be able to pick it up in the USA though, especially if you live in a place like California. Silent Wolf already got his copy of White, he bought it at a game store called Pink Gorilla in Seattle.

Speaking of Silent Wolf, I've played a ****LOAD of space animal vs. his Kirby. Fox vs Kirby really might as well be 100-0 <_< and not just for the camping lol. Although, even though I say that, I think the worst matchups in Melee should be represented by like, 7.5-2.5. This game's worst matchups aren't THAT bad, compared to like, the worst matchups in SF2, for example imo.
I'd say there exist 100-0 match ups in Melee. They are Fox/Kirby, Pichu/Sheik and Marth/Pichu. If you go completely independent of players(that is, if you dont use arguments like "Pichu can bait a grab with mindgames and punish with X, that's not a character ability that's a player skill) then those 3 match ups are 100% unwinnable. It does however require a specific playstyle that most players dont actually employ however.

Double Edit: **** i want Pokemon Black.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Oh and there certainly isn't anybody in the Smash community with the balls to punch me in the face without getting his *** handed so hard he's never going to show up at a smash tournament ever again =P
I could smack my notebook into pieces every time I read one of those cocky stupid Nizro posts.
Could you probably shut the **** up once? Like seriously...
(10 chars)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Ok, this needs to stop now.

Nizro Im not going to tell you to stop posting but if you're going to post in the Match Up thread you better come with something more than "I beat AJP's 3 chars, you guys dont know ****"

Discuss match ups using actual information or stop posting.

Everyone from Europe, if you guys want to flame each other go do it in your regional social area, not the kirby boards please.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
so I downloaded 1 vid of nizro's kirby against ivp's fox... and it was basically ivp running a train on him lol
your yoshi's looks really smooth though leffen, it reminds me I need to use more dash grabs

leffen

Smash Champion
lols thanks alot, tbh I played bad against ajps falco ( he plays SOOOOO wierd, and i ****ing hate falco matchup over all ). Didnt play much yoshi at all though, ill get some new vids this friday ;).

Oh and i think the even matches vs IVP were lost ( ? ), watch the luigi / falco / pikachu ones, several 3-jv4/4 stocks lols.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
We played 2 matches that friday(The even matches we played last friday were lost though as leffen said), we both were kinda warmed up, you can't say that the BF match(last match of the day) was one sided.
If I got one more match it would have been down to the last stock or my win.. give me 3 matches and I usually go ****.
Besides I messed up my techchase alot of times when I actually read him =/
(Imma watch that match right now :))
Edit after watching:Uhm I failed all my running techchases even though I read him :)
yup I'm 100% sure that the 3rd match would have been ****.

Watch my matches against AJPs Luigi, Pika, Falco and learn from them.
I'll post some **** video against Aniolas Sheik and more from IVP..

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
I watched you vs AJP's Falco. You lost lol. Like, I went in mostly wanting to see why AJP managed to lose, and I could actually see it but he ended up winning anyways. That said you dont actually do anything different than any other given Kirby(except maybe Bunbun cus he really likes to use Dsmash) you spam/space Bair and hope to catch some edge guards, some of which you missed on rather easy ones but it's kirby that will happen.

On the one hand I really want to explain to AJP all the things he was doing wrong too, but on the other hand, even for how arrogant you come across, you play Kirby and I dont really want to explain to someone who's losing to Kirby how they can beat Kirby.

Nizro

Smash Journeyman
olol, sure sure, I missed easy edgeguards so what?
There's a difference here, if I can play sloppy and win, I will because I don't care if I win with 4stocks or 1stocks, I sandbag like a mf always even in tourneys but when I wanna win, I beast like no else.
The better the people = The easier it is to win.
The worse the people = The harder it is to win.

ofc bad players = less fun = more sandbag + that they play weird and do random stuff which make me sad.
And note I'm not in any way saying that AJPs a bad player, he's ****.
But if I come top 5 with Kirby you can't say stuff like "Well they're playing bad. or I don't get how they can lose to a Kirby.."
Hack(which used to main Kirby) has gotten top 5 several times with Kirby too.
Even if I'm "just spacing bairs" there's more than meet the eye, exp I'm waiting for them to approach or give them the impression that I will keep on doing this for hours.. if I ain't doing that bair wall I can't give them anything to fear, it's like if a Cf player never dash dance'd or wall of bair'd they'll just jump right in and you'll be at disadvantage.

That Dsmash kinda sucks, works sometimes when you edgeguard but you should rather ftilt since you'll lag less.

Anywho, I'm not gonna post anymore, smashboards make me sad :)
I'll post some videos every now and then.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Im gonna go ahead and say that AJP is bad, if nothing else, at the Kirby Match Up. Anyone who thinks the right thing to do in Falco/Kirby is Shine->Uair at low damage is just, idk, terrible.

Also, if you're going to assert that you are somehow amazing, point to vids that prove it and then have those vids showing you losing to which you respond "olol i wasnt trying" im just gonna go ahead and say you're just a pompous troll.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
I watched you vs AJP's Falco. You lost lol.
The winner's name always comes first in my videos, so you can easily choose one where he wins.

On the one hand I really want to explain to AJP all the things he was doing wrong too, but on the other hand, even for how arrogant you come across, you play Kirby and I dont really want to explain to someone who's losing to Kirby how they can beat Kirby.
I could try camping more, but that's just not my playing style. I never play to win, and even in tournaments I have a hard time telling myself to keep holding the edge when edgehogging someone.
Yes, maybe I suck against Kirby, but I don't really care =)

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
All you really need to do with Falco is push buttons correctly to beat bottom tiers. Not much thinking is actually required.

omgwtfToph

Smash Master
I'd say there exist 100-0 match ups in Melee. They are Fox/Kirby, Pichu/Sheik and Marth/Pichu. If you go completely independent of players(that is, if you dont use arguments like "Pichu can bait a grab with mindgames and punish with X, that's not a character ability that's a player skill) then those 3 match ups are 100% unwinnable. It does however require a specific playstyle that most players dont actually employ however.

Double Edit: **** i want Pokemon Black.
Um, you just defined a "really bad matchup."

You can call it 9-1 if you want, but 100-0 technically means, the match starts, you immediately lose.

Otherwise even Fox/Marth would be 100-0 on FD, because that matchup requires the fox to "bait a grab with mindgames and punish with X." So either every non-even matchup in the game is 100-0, by your definition, or there's no such thing.

Top Bottom