• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Video Archive

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Blissard, i'd love to critique them. Just post them in here.

for kaptain:

4:05 - You need to work on your dair approach. Remember to foxtrot in the direction you want your legs to face.
4:19 - good boost grab
4:26 - don't hold your shield if you don't have to, remember you're puff and he's mario. He cant catch you if you jump.
4:39 - you spammed bair (good retreats btw) and then airdodged when bair would have hit :c :c: c
5:05 - please stop rolling. I hope you got out of that habit, our roll is so bad
5:19 - VERY nice usmash. A few seconds before this however, you watched as mario airdodged offstage. This was your moment to grab the edge, nair or bair.
5:24 - you rolled. bad sign.
5:25 - you have 103% and stock lead.. and you're approaching... bad sign.
5:26 - you died. called it.
5:30-6:13 - stop rolling. Good rollut attempt though. you should have aimed above your opponent, knowing that last time you used rollout they jumped away from it as opposed to shielding it. Remember to use that to your advantage.
6:13 - GOOD DI.
6:37 - you should have daired like a *****. Mario's ground game > our ground game. on a stage like FD, you need to be able to stop him when he's offstage.
6:50 - RETREAT YOUR AERIALS. don't fastfall fair on his shield :(
7:01 - please please please please. Kill him when he's offstage. You n eed to work on that. Even edgeguarding him :). Practice makes perfect.
death - airdodged to the ground infront of mario. It happens :-\

Will critique the 2nd one later.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
Yeah, ive become more aggressive when they are offstage. And rolling has always been a bad habit of mine, been trying to break it for year now, and the video actually shows improvement from my past (as bad as that sounds). Also, I have since learned to be more patient when I have the lead. So I do know about that stupidity. I'll try to get a match recorded if i can at Bulldog Brawl 2. And ill upload it if i end up using jiggs, which i likely will since for some odd reason my DDD is absolute **** in doubles. I dont know why, but i always do better in doubles as jiggs.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yeah, ive become more aggressive when they are offstage. And rolling has always been a bad habit of mine, been trying to break it for year now, and the video actually shows improvement from my past (as bad as that sounds). Also, I have since learned to be more patient when I have the lead. So I do know about that stupidity. I'll try to get a match recorded if i can at Bulldog Brawl 2. And ill upload it if i end up using jiggs, which i likely will since for some odd reason my DDD is absolute **** in doubles. I dont know why, but i always do better in doubles as jiggs.
It's fine. All you can do is your best. Using rollout isn't all bad if you know your opponents way to avoid it. If he jumps, aim above him. or wait for him to use his two jumps lol

See i don't know why, but in smash alot of people only record or post their replays when they do good. But that's not what i wanna see (I mean, i'd watch it) but you learn from your mistakes.
The best way to learn from your mistakes is to watch your mistakes and have someone else watch it too.

@LZR, i'd be happy to critique them. Dakpo critiqued my ZSS videos back in the day and i was REEEALLY grateful of that. So i try to do the same for my lil' pufflings.

Kaptain, i'll break down the other match tonight.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
You will get a laugh at my first death in the second jiggs match. Eveyone one should watch that part a lol all night long.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Yep.

Sorry, i've been busy with panel stuff.

Good stage choice. No ledges hurts mario.

start: good start. that fair to grab was really well done.
7:33 - You baired into him and then didn't retreat once it hit the shield. always retreat when shield is up.
7:46 - You rolled. WHYYYYYY
7:47: you rolled TWICEEEE
8:19 - that bair kill was really well spaced and well done. That car was unfortunate.
8:40 - RISING POUND ON SHIELD :glare: do it
9:14 - you should try to punish more with rollout instead of Fsmash. As long as the ball is shining it does a ****LOAD of knockback. And mario has no choice but to land on the platform. Your fsmash was a bit stale, and you could have used a more damaging move, but at least you got the punish.
9:28 - i really like how you use nair.
9:30something - POUND KILL.
Whenever you died - You know what you did wrong? Went near him in kill percents.

How do you loese this?

Your grabs are really good.
11:05 - Dash attack would kill him. Should have punished his landing. that stutterstep will **** ya up.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Still don't have videos. There will be a tourney next weekend so I might have a chance right there.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I'll give it a shot, if you want to come behind me, Mink, and say anything else that'd be cool. Or correct my critiques if I'm doin' the stupids.

0:13-0:18 - Dodge Rolling too much. 3x in 5 seconds.
0:28 - Too much watching. This is doubles, you gotta get in there more.
0:45 - Again... to much watching.
1:01 - How did that hit you???? LULZ, bad luck.
1:05 - 1:10 - Smashes were a bad choice. You had better kill options. A dash attack would have been much better than that Fsmash.
1:13 - Well timed Fair. Good kill.
1:16 - Jiggs rolling on small platforms = bad.
1:38 - Need more air dodging. Or just jump above them. You keep recovering the same way every time, mix it up.
1:43 - There you go, mixed it up.
1:30 - 1:50 Alot of ground movement. Jiggs is faster in the air, its a general good idea to try to stay there, especially since this stage is fairly easy to recover on horizontally.
1:58 - Using Nair here may have prevented that attack, or at least may have given him some damage. Its double's so there's alot of just "Fray". Landing with your nair is gonna be smarter than doing nothing at all.
2:01 - Were you going to try to read a jump and punish with that Fair? Other wise you need to work on that spacing, it was far past your target.
2:19 - Jigg's down smash isn't worth it. Don't use it unless your trying to be funny.
2:37 - A standing grab would have worked here better than a running grab. Its faster and you could have followed up with something else. Jiggs has a better grab range than you give here credit for.
2:41 - Nice try with the Dacus. But you need to use it more to punish landings or approach than just a surprise.
2:54 - Try using a different throw than just Back Throw, that way you don't Stale it out.
3:04 - Another back throw...
3:08 - Back luck again.

As I said before, you need to use more Bair. I only saw 6 the whole match, and only 3 of them were even close to an enemy. That and Dair some more too. And Nair. I saw mostly Fairs, and thats fine, but its your best killing move in doubles and you can't make it super stale. Also, this is a bad stage for puff in doubles. Puff's strength in doubles is that gimp, and you can't really do that here. And as stated before, there were many times were you just standing around. Great for singles play, not so much in doubles. The biggest thing that really hurt you here was the stage.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Lol at dsmash.
It's probably dumb of me to expieriment crap in GFs.
I was like "I wonder if I can dtilt trip him to dsmash..."
shoulda rested maybe.

Thanks for the critique!

:phone:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Why is it that most of you Jiggs never bair? I spam that thing like no tomorrow on the rare occasions I use her.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Wtf? Bair is like our best move overall with fair. Where you got that kind of information lol.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
These recent videos of Jiggs contain very few bairs. Maybe I'm blind.

I usually stale bair every stock because I approach with it. Spam spam spam! ♥

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't really have any videos so you are unable to see my bair usage. I use it a lot, but I don't really spam it either. I mix up between bair fair and nair a lot.

Kaptain

Smash Ace
I can do it RM88.

Lets see here...
00:10 - To much rolling. Most snakes would have punished that with a forward tilt.
00:22 - Derp on your part. Throw that thing.
00:35 - Good punish on that Down Smash.
00:58 - UP AIR KILL!!! Nicely done.
01:06 - You have a HUGE lead. Don't approach.
01:12 - Again... too much rolling.
01:18 - Not saying you could have seen it coming, but you had more jumps, try recovering high.
01:42 - Nice shield grab.
02:01 - Leave those grenades alone. You can easily be shield stripped. Try Z grabbing them in the air then throw them back with c-stick instantly if you want to throw them.
02:09 - JAB LOCK!!!
02:31 - Good kill.
02:50 - Too much rolling... again.
02:55 - You're in the lead and in kill %s, don't approach like that. He baited you like a fish.
03:26 - Very dangerous roll. You made it out okay tho.
03:41 - A: Your trying to rush the kill. Let it happen. B: STOP ROLLING.
04:08 - When near a grenade, use your back throw. It moves you the most so there's a chance you wont get hit with the blast. Or Up throw, its the fastest so maybe you can shield before the grenade pops. Just don't pummel.
04:12 - Way to punish those grenades with a Fair.

Overall, really good game. You seem to have alot of Jigg's advanced mechanics down (I loved that jab lock). Work more on camping when you have a lead, specially on snake and on that stage, you could have made him approach easily. That and reduce your rolls. This isn't just jigglypuff, its all characters. You roll too much, and if that was a stronger snake would have punished those rolls like crazy.

Willntdie

Smash Cadet
Would anyone mind reviewing my Jiggs?
I'm not a pro with Jiggs so I can't say much in terms of technique, but your Jiggs looks alright to me. I've noticed you tend to roll back a lot when pressured and you like to roll behind opponents as well. It's not a bad thing in your video because Snake never really took advantage of that, so it worked. However, it shouldn't become a habit or else someday you'll be eating an Ike's F-Smash right in the face.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Thanks! I'll find a better match later. My SD card had a tragic accident and I didn't manage to save a lot of good matches, though, so I uploaded this one because of the awesome uair kill.

Uair is quite usable versus Snake.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I disagree.

Any aerial snake has beats our upair. If he would have nair'd you would have been ****ed.

Nair = half our life

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
I mean for juggling purposes, when possible. Not spamming it against his aerials. It also works with Kirby's and Peach's uair in my experience, precisely when you can predict an air dodge or one of his aerials.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
If you can predict an airdodge you have better options, like rest and pound.
Uair is less than useless. Hahaa.

The only reason i've found to use it is against the bubbles on Brinstar to refresh moves and to split the stage.

rm88

Smash Ace
NNID
Rm88Go
3DS FC
5241-1973-5614
Really? XD

Well, it's also good for saving your partner in doubles.

Top Bottom