• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Video Archive

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
lol@ Ganon rage. Nice Ganon, Viper! Better than any in my Fonz-forsaken region! :bee:

Well since I finally got a vid or two, might as well post!

Me vs. M@v (Falco/MK)

Controller johns aside (hooray for new one on the way :D), I need serious advice here, the desire to not be a patient puff is starting to take its toll on me mentally, and the rage is building... :mad:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'm going to be as brutally honest as i can.
This is about to go down:

0:02 - He was above you, there was no reason you should have down a downward pound. You left yourself open to get murked because pound has *** lag.
0:06 - always DI away from the jab, it's not worth trying to go through.
0:14 - Like Woody said, don't spot dodge, just jump away. You got Fsmashed alot because of that.
Whenever that fair from Kirby was: You jumped up and baired against this, just float infront and punish when the lag comes.
0:25 - You need to make sure your short hopping your aerials high enough, or you need to retract them (hold away and fair with the Cstick). You missed one or two fairs that cost you like 30%
0:30 - you could have meteor canceled with pound and a jump.
0:49 - Okay, now your just throwing stuff out. Haha. Don't land with Dair, too much lag.
1:03 - Watch the Fsmashes.
1:11 - You have this strangely bad habit of throwing out an attack when your opponent is NOT near you and then just floating when they are. At least air dodge.
1:38 - stop landing on him. Thats how you a pull a ME and do bad. You're gonna get hit by smash attacks. I think i watched this bad kirby Fsmash you like 5 times in 10 seconds.
2:08 - Tell your opponent that his kill moves are Bair, Usmash, Dsmash, Uthrow and side b. Dear God. That Fsmash is so stale.
2:40 - After 40 seconds of Fsmashes i noticed that you DONT punish after shielding a move. You get hit by it, and then spot dodge. WHY!? Thats your prime time to attack. OoS Dair -> Follow up when they're that close. Even a grab. This MU isn't that hard. It's a +1 MAYBE a +2 because of back air, which your opponent never used. Bair is the whole reason lol.

Bing

Smash Master
Okay the videos from my past tournament havent been uploaded yet. But I was wondering if I could get some advice for my Jiggs in teams. Im at work right now so I cant post the video, but if you youtube search Apex Bing you can find the match pretty easily... Ill post it later, and its only game 1 that I use Jiggs, and I did play really poorly but any advice is appreciated. Thanks :)

D

Deleted member 189823

stop spotdodging every time you hit the ground.
@ Swei ^
I'm going to be as brutally honest as i can.
This is about to go down:

0:02 - He was above you, there was no reason you should have down a downward pound. You left yourself open to get murked because pound has *** lag.
0:06 - always DI away from the jab, it's not worth trying to go through.
0:14 - Like Woody said, don't spot dodge, just jump away. You got Fsmashed alot because of that.
Whenever that fair from Kirby was: You jumped up and baired against this, just float infront and punish when the lag comes.
0:25 - You need to make sure your short hopping your aerials high enough, or you need to retract them (hold away and fair with the Cstick). You missed one or two fairs that cost you like 30%
0:30 - you could have meteor canceled with pound and a jump.
0:49 - Okay, now your just throwing stuff out. Haha. Don't land with Dair, too much lag.
1:03 - Watch the Fsmashes.
1:11 - You have this strangely bad habit of throwing out an attack when your opponent is NOT near you and then just floating when they are. At least air dodge.
1:38 - stop landing on him. Thats how you a pull a ME and do bad. You're gonna get hit by smash attacks. I think i watched this bad kirby Fsmash you like 5 times in 10 seconds.
2:08 - Tell your opponent that his kill moves are Bair, Usmash, Dsmash, Uthrow and side b. Dear God. That Fsmash is so stale.
2:40 - After 40 seconds of Fsmashes i noticed that you DONT punish after shielding a move. You get hit by it, and then spot dodge. WHY!? Thats your prime time to attack. OoS Dair -> Follow up when they're that close. Even a grab. This MU isn't that hard. It's a +1 MAYBE a +2 because of back air, which your opponent never used. Bair is the whole reason lol.
Well, you're the boss. Thank you for the advice.

I do see I spotdodged a hole lot. First was the rolling habit, and now this? At least when I rolled alot I was more adept on the ground with Jiggaly. N00b Kirbies are hard to play because they will usually stay on the ground and spam smash attacks. Don't help that Kirby's Smashes have deceptive range, priority and speed.

D

Deleted member 189823

Just know they're coming, when the attack hits your shield, throw for 10%.
Every bit of damage helps.

I think learning how to play as Jigglypuff has helped me become a patient player and showing value towards attacks that do something as petty as 5% but while being safe. I didn't quite show myself as a patient player eating all those smashes in that match.

Jiggaly's throws are pretty good.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay first, Blackgold:

4:14: First off. Let it be known that the best way to approach falco in this MU is with retreating bairs and OoS AC Dairs. I know the platform was rising here, but make sure if you EVER use pound, that it's airborne and angled up. Also, don't use both of your jumps so fast, you have 6 of them. Take your time. and use pound (angled up) after every jump to give you more time.
4:21 - you used a smash attack. And it hit. Don't take that as encouragement to do it again.
4:27 - Crouch under lasers. Seriously it's a godsend. You're going to be killing with utilt and fair in this mu btw.
4:37 - you fsmashed and were punished.
4:51 - did a high commitment at 135-140%, don't do it. Space aerials or wait in shield. You can't die from a grab.
5:06 - i hope that rest was from a missed pound. Don't rest in this MU unless you're dairing.
5:12 - don't attempt rest unless you KNOW it's going to hit.
5:33 - you fsmashed and were punished
5:45 - retreat your aerials. You should be making falco WORK for those kills. That's our biggest plus in this mu.
something - when falco's phantasming, make sure you ****in' just SH Nair. It's the safest choice and is effective.
6:08 - Lrn 2 tech.
6:23 - fsmash.
6:35 - you should know his fire falco won't reach the left and he would go up, free rest.
The last 20 seconds of this game - dont get grabbed.

Swei:
0:15 - you're going IN with your fairs and bairs. Retreat them.
0:18 you just got fsmashed like 28x cause you didn't ^^
:042 - this peach should stop using ****in' fsmash so much. throw some turnips ya ****.
0:52 - holy bad peach.
1:24 - you keep just jumping into attacks. You need to force them to come to you.
1:41 - Don't use uair against peach. literally everything she has goes through it. go from the lower front.
1:50 - Nice roll out. Though, you should have aimed for the platform.. you should have been hit by the smash lol.
2:01 I justr watched you back roll like 9x.
2:05 - you went with your fair, and got slammed for it.
2:33 - even though this peach is pure ***, you should be working them. I haven't seen them utilt once.

Good win, but you should find a video of you getting your *** beat so you can see what you do wrong too.
Retreat. Jigglypuff doesn't do good with following her aerials unless they're offstage.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
All i'm gonna say for now is in the ZSS mu, you need to stay under zss or bait fairs.
bair and uair will **** you.

Also, that was a nice gimp first stock but you should have grabbed the edge, he could have tethered it.

If you bump this, i'll try to get to the whole thing tomorrow, i got class in the am

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm too tired at the moment to do a proper critique, but just from a quick watch... Your movement is too linear. You are always either moving towards your opponent or away from them, try to weave more in the air (and on the ground, depending on the match-up). Jigglypuff doesn't have many methods of approaching so you need to mix up your movement to avoid punishment.

The reason you get shield-grabbed so much is that he predicts your approach, adjusts his spacing to handle it and then you are forced to do mis-spaced aerials. So yeah, very important.

Dair more, it counters lots of Sonic's approaches.

You need to respect Dedede A LOT more, he can wreck your **** up if you mis-space anything and you are just going all gung-ho in on him. If you are a certain distance from him always expect a Waddle Dee toss so you can throw out an aerial to block it, don't want to be damaged when you don't need to. And there was one part where you just stood next to him and spammed ground attacks while he spot-dodged/shielded, USE AERIALS! :D

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
0:02 I see you're using sun hat puff. Where's the flower hat at?

0:08 you fsmashed... Was that on accident? Please say it was. Don't smash this early. Save them for kill moves.

0:11 see there's an usmash, save them. When you use a move, they can stale. Everytime you use a move, it gets weaker. Its on a 10 move queue... So if you fsmash 10 times in a row, the 10th time it will do, like, 5 less damage, and have a lot less knockback. use 10 other moves again before usmashing. They may have to hit an opponent idk. Also when you die your moves are all refreshed.

Then there are a lot of pounds and bairs. I'd say it's always better to do a rising or lowering pound, opposed to a regular one. You should also work on spacing your bair, weave in and poke, and weave out.
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though, your opponent is mad aggro, and it looks like it caught you off gaurd.

1:35 bad luck... be more careful there.

1:50 more smashes. 70% isn't kill percent.

2:36 solid usmash. Would've killed if the move wasn't stale.

2:42 rolling is usually bad. Jump, walk, shield, and spotdodge are usually safe and less punishable. Roll has its uses though.

2:18 shoul've Utilted IMO, comes out fast, and is a great kill move.

3:24 solid kill, you just died so your Fair was fresh.

Did I see an Usmash at 3:30? Really man, this stuff will cost you matches.

3:49 didn't know bair to fsmash could work. He was just slow I guess. lol.
Weave out with your Bairs. Move in, poke, move back out. A lot safer than just bairing and flying into his shield or his moves that will out-prioritize or out-range yours.

from 3:55 to 4, you Fsmashed twice. I know, I'm giving you this enough... Stop doing it below 100%, ok? ok.

now a lot of you getting man handled.

4:38 Uair is better for momentum canceling IIRC, but nice DI anyway.

4:42 you had that Bair coming, bro.

apply everything Grim said, and ontop of that you're quite predictable. when your opponent jumps at you, airdodge. You're puff, the only move you have with good priority is pound. If he's coming at you, run away. Play campier, and safer, and you'll land more hits and take less.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
0:08 you fsmashed... Was that on accident? Please say it was. Don't smash this early. Save them for kill moves.

0:11 see there's an usmash, save them. When you use a move, they can stale. Everytime you use a move, it gets weaker. Its on a 10 move queue... So if you fsmash 10 times in a row, the 10th time it will do, like, 5 less damage, and have a lot less knockback. use 10 other moves again before usmashing. They may have to hit an opponent idk. Also when you die your moves are all refreshed.
There is nothing wrong with using smash attacks early. They aren't going to be stale when you want to kill with them because it will take more than 10 attacks to even get them to kill %.

But regardless, he still shouldn't be smashing anyways, because Jigglypuff has terrible smash attacks and should be killing with Fair.

As for the video, more short hop arieals, less smash attacks and jabs. Against Sonic just sit on the other side of the level and do shorthopping nairs. It destroys his spindash approach.

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
There is nothing wrong with using smash attacks early. They aren't going to be stale when you want to kill with them because it will take more than 10 attacks to even get them to kill %.
He was using them a lot though, but this is true. As long as they refresh by the time he has to kill(which didn't happen)

But regardless, he still shouldn't be smashing anyways, because Jigglypuff has terrible smash attacks and should be killing with Fair.
Trufax. I use fsmash sometimes, and I use utilt more than usmash, but I still DACUS when I need to.

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
I use it as an attack though. I don't think of it as an usmash when I use it for mobility, but I like it as a kill option as well.

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
Meh, if you learn how to space it, it's a nice tool. Ecspeacily with people who have 0 puff expieriene(which is often) and don't know she can DACUS.

:phone:

the melon!!!!!

Smash Lord
WilkesBarre-Scranton, PA/State College, PA
3DS FC
0963-1716-1141
Fsmash I always used veeery sparingly, usually on something like a roll/spotdodge read or something of that nature. DACUS is also something that, though it is the exact opposite of what my goals for controlling the match are, I'll throw in for the sake of mixing things up. Smashes are never something I'd actually attempt to kill with, I'd mostly just use them rarely to punish reads or, in dsmash's case, to set up for the edgegame.

VodkaHaze, along with what Puffster said and roughly 40% of what scrubnugget said, it looks like you just need to simply play around with Puff more. You're movement isn't very fluid, you're still lacking subtlety and your sharpness with your control stick led you into being read harder than The Da Vinci Code. You need to work on your demeanor with your control stick, work on flowing back and forth with Puff, eventually you will learn choice/placement of aerials as you go.

I don't wanna tell a fellow Puff player to play more aggressively because I think I'll get drawn and quartered, so I WON'T! :awesome: Sorry!

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
I Fsmash the balls off avid rollers.

Fsmash is a great move IMO... A lot of range and priority. Way easier to land than utilt, and iirc it kills earlier...

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Everything about that was wrong.

Utilt combos out of dair and comes out super fast. Fsmash has no range at all. Fsmash also takes forever. If someone's rolling near you at high percents.. they're bad

scrub_nugget

Smash Apprentice
As far as a kill. Dair to utilt at kill % is pretty much a garunteed as Dair to rest. They gotta trip or they'll SDI.

I can only beat bad people cause I'm bad soooo

Top Bottom