• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Jigglypuff Video Archive

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Oh gawd.
If i was able to pull that out, i would do the same as he did:
Just get the **** out of here.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
why would you post a video where you knowing fool around and ask me to seriously critique it?

Post a video of you trying so i can see what you did wrong as opposed to me saying "don't do that" and then you saying "Oh i was noodling around"

SoulPech

Smash Master
Mink is right though. I mean, the first thing I would say is "Play Seriously". It's hard to critique on something if you're putting effort because we don't know you're best. Last time I tried to critique a non-serious gameplay the person's retort was "Oh, I wasn't playing seriously, so I did that on purpose"

WHAT THE ****?!

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
http://youtu.be/p4JueqQ6MPo

Disclaimer: this TL sucks so I really wasn't trying that hard until last stock game two high %. So the whole time I'm going for dsmash's and off-stage rests.

Bear that in mind. And critique! Be as mean as you'd like idc, I wanna improve tho~

:phone:
Game 1: You look like you have no idea what you're doing in this mu..
-0:13 You use a double jump nair to try and cover tlinks jump option, which is bad considering he can easily jump uair or nair you out of it with dire results. You want to pressure him horizontally with bairs/nairs and condition a drillrest sometime (kills at like.. idk 50/60% on sv? idk, he's light).
-0:19 If toon link is off stage and below you don't just throw out fairs expecting them to work. Try using a dair or nair to not only disrupt their recovery attempt or eat a jump, but to get you into position to sweatspot a fair (if high%) or bairs/wop at low %.
-1:23 Never do a rollout when they're at 0% and you're high lol. Begging to get baired/killed. Just float to the ledge or something.
-1:36 Only use dacus when the other character is in death %. Misplacing a usmash on a toonlink (or many other chracters) is horrid and not worth the risk at low % at all. TL can easily usmash OoS kill puff at low % of simply shield>dmash [4:12] (if you're playing a good tl it can actually kill at freaky low %s like 30).
-1:50 Try hard not to retaliate getting knocked up into the air with an automatic rollout start up. TL can set up like 50 things in the time you get to him and you will get punished for it (not to mention it's hard enough with the bombs&bomerang all around shesh..).
-1:56 Don't use fair so much in early combos/set-ups. You're staling the move, for it's one of your only reliable kill moves and has high hitstun at later %s for ledgeguards (replace with fh double bair/shnair to get in/out).
-2:57 ...
-3:09 Work on your drill positioning. You keep poking in and out when you need it to stay on them (allowed him to roll away after you hit him with the start up). The last hit or so will make them fall over for an easy rest/kill on that stage/character. [If you strugle with catching a character from far away, check out dapuffster's boostdrill video tutorial on youtube].
-3:20 I know you may have been messing around, but never go for a blind rest to kill last stock vs like.. the whole cast. Too much leeway in defensive options to get away and the punishment is TERRIBLE. Like, if the tl just rolled to the left there and Charged a dsmash you would have died off the side.
-3:33 Don't even bother trying to sing cancel a projectile based character. He has no reason to approach you or the ledge, so as you can see he simply just waits back and throws his boomerang at you.
-3:44 If he's in a position to where he's just gonna throw projectiles while on the ground from midstage either air dodge catch a bomb from the ledge>w/e, jump and air dodge when coming into the stage near tl (dodging the projectile) [this will cause like a mini-waveland of sort with low/no lag which you can dash out of..] then dash grab or dash attack to punish him].

Might look at game 2 another time when I have time to..

Also Dapuffster da bess :jiggs:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Drill-rest is NOT KO'ing at 50% haha

also TL can zair as he goes off the top blastzone so he doesn't get star KO'd, then he can punish Rest. Just a random tidbit.

I might check that video out later cause I play the MU a **** ton

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I wasn't playing the TL mu, I was playing the "this guys a scrub and I feel bad" mu. Like mink and soul said, this was bad and I shouldn't have asked for critique on it.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Drill-rest is NOT KO'ing at 50% haha
Only played once since 2010, but I remember that stage had a freaky low ceiling and was good for drill rests (could kill mk and fox at like 60% test it out). Obviously it wouldn't be a ko at 50% on other stages. Maybe I underestimate his weight/the game's mechanics?

also TL can zair as he goes off the top blastzone so he doesn't get star KO'd, then he can punish Rest. Just a random tidbit.
Interesting, though I would recommend finding a safe % to where the latter wouldn't happen, but once again, not fresh with the physics engine I apologize .

I wasn't playing the TL mu, I was playing the "this guys a scrub and I feel bad" mu. Like mink and soul said, this was bad and I shouldn't have asked for critique on it.

Still I added some interesting critique and kind of put some time into writing it.. it's worth a look at least for the pure instinctual things you do without thinking straight mu.
(Added some strategies/thoughts of my own so yeah..)

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I usually grab alot with Jigglypuff.
One time, someone said that Jiggs grab range was so great that it was dumb.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Overall your Jigglypuff needs to be more versatile. Gotta feel like some kind of fly that wants to bug people off.
Also you need to grab more. You'd be surprised by the range it has.
Though i said to bug them off, you shouldn't rush with Jigglypuff. You'll lose quickly like that.
Just try and poke them up and make them chase YOU.
You'd probably be in a better position.
But i ****ing love the fact that you use rollout to grab the ledge.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Desu nailed it on the head essentially. Honestly though, I don't grab much either...only when I hide in shield and stay still. what I like to do though @ low percentage, is I b-throw them back to the stage, then followup with a f-throw. It looks so cool :3.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Improve your DI. You are Puff... To be Puff you must have God tier DI. That my friend was not God tier DI.
Camp Sonic more so he can't hit you with kill moves and stales the rest of his moveset. Sonic is also a garbage character, so you really shouldn't be dying till around 150 or so if your DI is near perfect and you manage to have some stage control. I once lived over 200 last stock on FD vs a Sonic because he staled everything that should actually hit a Puff and I had played PUFF far to much that week and had the best DI of my life.
Aside from that Desu's critiques cover everything else I'd be capable of adding.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
Honestly, that's probably why I hate the Snake matchup so much, I rely on my godlike DI, which quite frankly, doesn't help much against Snakes uptilt. To give another example of my Godlike DI, surviving a captain falcon kick (fresh) with Marth at 300% on Delphino. (Gave myself 300% handicap against level 9s way back to actually learn spacing, which I think I need to do again). It's quite fun actually, if you've never done it, you should give it a try sometime.
I think I'll try it with Puff just cuz I can lol.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
One time i was somewhere around 210% with Puff against someone.
I litteraly scolded him about how she shouldn't ever get to that percentage firsthand.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Looked like a pretty scrubby ROB too.
It seemed as if you can't even drill ROB since he'll just dsmash you out of the way.
Guess i learned something today.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Actually, that guy doens't know how to DI. If DDD dies to Fair at 100%, somethings wrong IMO.
What do you mean 'actually'? I didn't say they had good DI.

But yeah, it was a pretty scrubby tourney. Tired/stoned/not trying johns for why I didn't destroy the ROB (if he beat my puff my Falco destroys him); but the TL doing well against me was pretty legit, I hate that match-up with a passion.

Top Bottom