• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
We really need to plan this out more. Are we leaving today or tomorrow? Are we going to meet up somewhere or can DLA pick us up? Man, we're such noobs at planning and going OoS...

clowsui

Smash Legend
DLA said:
I can take the car to the tournament this weekend, but I'm kinda broke so I'd probably ask you guys to cover my share of gas/tolls etc. since we're taking my car. We'll be leaving saturday morning (it'll be pretty ****ing early... like 6 a.m. or earlier), so everyone I'm picking up has to meet in one place (my house is fine). We'll stay for the whole tournament and spend Sat night there, then leave sunday morning/afternoon.

If any part of this doesn't work for anyone then let me know, we might be able to work around it but you might also be out of luck. My car seats 8, the more people we seat means the less gas everyone pays. So post in this thread if you're interested. Priority will be given in the order that you confirm you can go.
According to this post:
- You guys would be leaving tomorrow morning, around 6 AM roughly.
- DLA apparently doesn't care WHERE you meet so long as it's in one place. He suggested his house.

Dajayman

I really don't think it would be possible to meet at DLA's house that early. The only way some people can get to his house without a car is the Metra train, and their train lines don't operate that early.

I can suggest my place because Kain could reach my reach my place through the CTA trains, but I don't think the bus that Arty would need to take to my place operates that early but he could be dropped off by Quik or something since he lives a bit close to me. We'd probably need to pick up Barns because he lives out in Geneva.

I don't know who Fuujin is or where he lives (Is that you Foo? I doubt it). But if he lives in Chicago near the CTA trains he can get to my house easily as well. If not then I don't know.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah I can't drive southern IL unless they come up here first. And if they're driving all the way up here, then they might as well just drive straight to Cin because it will save them 3-4 hours.

Anyways, I'm still a bit skeptical... I've told you guys all of my requirements. I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours, so if you guys find a few more people, then I'll still be willing to drive. Try Akashi/Meneil, I haven't heard from them but I remember them saying that they wanted to go. Zwarm's in john mode right now, someone go to his house and beat him up so he goes... and threaten Kappy with the same punishment if he johns out too.

You guys have cell phones... do work. I don't want to completely organize every single OOS tournament we go to lol. Find out whose house you want to meet at too.

Dajayman

I have almost nobody's cell phone number and I don't have texting. You can't rely on me to contact and ask people.

I'm extremely skeptical if this is happening or not.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Why don't we find out where everyone who is supposed to be going is at in IL and see if we can find a place to all meet up that everyone is willing to travel?

Like mark where you are on the map and see if we can find a point thats in between all of us.

Unless I'm the only one that lives far away

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah I can't drive southern IL unless they come up here first. And if they're driving all the way up here, then they might as well just drive straight to Cin because it will save them 3-4 hours.

Anyways, I'm still a bit skeptical... I've told you guys all of my requirements. I'm gonna be gone for the next few hours, so if you guys find a few more people, then I'll still be willing to drive. Try Akashi/Meneil, I haven't heard from them but I remember them saying that they wanted to go. Zwarm's in john mode right now, someone go to his house and beat him up so he goes... and threaten Kappy with the same punishment if he johns out too.

You guys have cell phones... do work. I don't want to completely organize every single OOS tournament we go to lol. Find out whose house you want to meet at too.
Actually, I just found out I have to go see my grandparents for their anniversary tomorrow, so I wouldn't be able to go even if I wanted to. :/

Dajayman

Somebody text Akashi/Meneil and Zwarm/Kappy please. Tell them
Dajayman is desperate and tell Zwarm/Kappy that if they don't go I'll be VERY disappointed in them.

I feel like I'm the only one hyped about going to this. :/

Edit: F***ing ninja Zwarm! Ask Kappy if he can come. And why does everyone have visiting grandparents? My grandparents died over ten years ago. :cry:

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Wow, wish more people were like you Fuujin. OH tourney is def bigger/more talented as well.

Ok, so we have DLA, Arty, Kain, DaJayman, and Oro that want to go no matter what. Right now it looks best for those guys to leave from Dajayman's house. You get more help paying for gas if you meet Fuujin in Indianapolis. Zozefup and his gf could possibly car pool there, but I'm assuming they are wanting to drive separately (especially if they're finally going to go home after the tourney).

It seems you guys have your 5-6 people.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I've seen Zoze's gf, Arty. LOL. And I think I'll john out just so Dajayman's disappointed. LOL.

I actually promised a friend I'd go to a Laser Quest lock-in tonight, and I'll be up forever, so there's no way I'd be mentally and physically ready for a tournament, so I will be johning out of this one for realz. I wanted to go, but I forgot the lock-in was tonight. LOL.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I've seen Zoze's gf, Arty. LOL. And I think I'll john out just so Dajayman's disappointed. LOL.

I actually promised a friend I'd go to a Laser Quest lock-in tonight, and I'll be up forever, so there's no way I'd be mentally and physically ready for a tournament, so I will be johning out of this one for realz. I wanted to go, but I forgot the lock-in was tonight. LOL.
I was invited to that **** too, no johns!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I come back and instead of seeing **** getting done, I see a bunch of johns. For shame IL for shame

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I'm not sure. I need the following info from people:

1. If no one else wants to go with us, is everyone still fine with 5 people? Remember that I don't really have enough money to pay for a share of gas, so it'll likely be like $40-50+ each. Be honest, I wouldn't really want to pay that much even if I had the money, so I don't want any complaining if we do decide to go.

2. Whose house do you want to meet at? I'm fine with meeting at Dajayman's at 6 am on saturday, does anyone object to this?

3. Does anyone object to leaving sunday morning? If you do then too bad, because that's what we're doing lol.

Akashi and Meneil don't want to go so it's pretty much looking like 5. I'll let you guys decide

Arty

Smash Lord
How is gas that much DLA??

We payed $25 each split amongst 5 people for No Koast and that was 10 hours.
We payed $20 each split amongst 6 people for MLG.

??

How much MPG does your car get?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
How is gas that much DLA??

We payed $25 each split amongst 5 people for No Koast and that was 10 hours.
We payed $20 each split amongst 6 people for MLG.

??

How much MPG does your car get?
Eh I didn't do any actual math to get those numbers. Remember we're splitting among 4 people though... assuming that MLG is about the same distance, 20x6= $120. 120/4 = $30.

So about $30 each, at least.

Dajayman

Everyone, I am proud to say I have money in my wallet, a decent amount too. Got my payceck and cashed the check without a problem. I have no johns now. :3

Kappy, where is this Laser Quest at. If it's the one at at Harlem/Irving I might have to go there and drag you out of it.

Arty, what did Scythe say about going? Tell him he's our last hope. If he doesn't say yes, I'm changing my location to Chicago, Johninois.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Ugh guys I can't make it... I got some school stuff to do, gotta find a job too. Also gotta do my laundry because I have no clean clothes. Also I'm broke and don't want to spend money. I gotta take a shower one of these days, cause I haven't done it in a while. My brother also just got a unicycle and I really want to try it. Also I just found out today that I'm not immortal like I previously thought... so I don't really want to leave the house or else I might die.

Sorry to bail on you guys like that, it's just that things come up yknowwhatimsaying

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Ugh guys I can't make it... I got some school stuff to do, gotta find a job too. Also gotta do my laundry because I have no clean clothes. Also I'm broke and don't want to spend money. I gotta take a shower one of these days, cause I haven't done it in a while. My brother also just got a unicycle and I really want to try it. Also I just found out today that I'm not immortal like I previously thought... so I don't really want to leave the house or else I might die.

Sorry to bail on you guys like that, it's just that things come up yknowwhatimsaying
Shower right now and one of ur problems will b solved

Top Bottom