• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Tin Man

Smash Hero
MAS in June is on the 12th, besides a smashfest the day before that, I think that's it. There's not a thread for it yet as far as I know, but yea. It's in Winthrop Harbor, about an hour north of Chicago. You planning on being in here soon? We ROBbros should meet up! =D
well my sister is going to be living in Chicago, so I thought maybe I could take advantage of that opportunity and while visiting her, go to a tourney. Since I will be helping my sister move from New York to Chicago from June 10-14/15, I prolly wont be able to make it out to that tourney in particular as i would be too busy, perhaps the next one tho.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
well my sister is going to be living in Chicago, so I thought maybe I could take advantage of that opportunity and while visiting her, go to a tourney. Since I will be helping my sister move from New York to Chicago from June 10-14/15, I prolly wont be able to make it out to that tourney in particular as i would be too busy, perhaps the next one tho.
theres one on the 19th

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm not going to the one on the 19th though. =(

Well, if you're gonna be around Chicago, we could just hang out too, if you get free time. Bo can join us too, practice some ROB stuff or something.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Hey now, I saved up my money for this ahead of time. This is also a reason I have not been to tournaments lately. At least I can go to MLG Columbus and not have money johns. ^_^

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I can't go to Don't Blink though, I'm leaving for vacation that day. -_-

I guess I'm forced to live without the vast ROB and overall Brawl knowledge of Oro for the rest of my life.

Btw, be on AIM more, Klappy and I wanted to talk to you earlier about hanging out this week, but you refuse to be online, so I'm going to bed as your punishment.

Does that even make sense?

Probably not.

Okay, it's obvious that I'm tired and need sleep, so yea...

I need sleep... I guess.

ThatsWhatSheSaid

Smash Apprentice
I can't go to Don't Blink though, I'm leaving for vacation that day. -_-

I guess I'm forced to live without the vast ROB and overall Brawl knowledge of Oro for the rest of my life.

Btw, be on AIM more, Klappy and I wanted to talk to you earlier about hanging out this week, but you refuse to be online, so I'm going to bed as your punishment.

Does that even make sense?

Probably not.

Okay, it's obvious that I'm tired and need sleep, so yea...

I need sleep... I guess.
Just call/text him. And that's a stupid thing to darken. You're stupid.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I'm not going to the one on the 19th though. =(

Well, if you're gonna be around Chicago, we could just hang out too, if you get free time. Bo can join us too, practice some ROB stuff or something.
hmmm well seeing as how plane tickets vary in price, I would have to save up like 500$ and considering the other things I'm spending my money on, I'ld prolly be able to go in like july earliest, I'll ask again closer to july, and keep in touch with zwarm on da rob boards.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
So here are some hotels near the venue and their prices:

Hotels

Theres a couple with 2 miles of the venue for $60 a night.
Theres also a couple right by the venue for $90 - $100 a night.

If we're only staying two nights then if the 6 of us stay in a hotel it should be about $20 - $35 a person for both days. ($10 - $18 per day)

Also for gas, since its a 13 hour total trip should be about $20 - $30 a person.

And Food should also be about $20 - $30 so assuming everyone bought their passes the trip should be about $60 - $100 total.
<3 Thanks arty

And yeah, I'm gonna be consuming mad hot pockets and dr. pepper all up in this *****. Oh and can't forget the beef jerky too. **** I'm excited lol, Zwarm knows how much I love free food

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Look at this Z-z-z-zwarm guy, crying about being tired at 5:00 am. I stayed up past 6:00 am like a champ!

And now I'm going to be a pro Barlw player thanks to Oro's vast wisdom.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
And yeah, I'm gonna be consuming mad hot pockets and dr. pepper all up in this *****. Oh and can't forget the beef jerky too. **** I'm excited lol, Zwarm knows how much I love free food
Dude, yeah. I don't even LIKE Dr. Pepper and I know I'm going to be all over it. Free **** is FANTASTIC!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
ok so I just found out that if I bussed it to Chicago, It would be 2.2375 times cheaper than flying here (on the weekend of the june 19th tourney). Is this an Illinois exclusive tourney, or will there also be ohio, michigan, kentucky, indiana, etc?

From looking at Zwarm's tourney results, it seems like you guys hold an event for like every game lol (Brawl singles, doubles, Brawl minus, and Brawl+) Hopefully if the thread has been created, someone could link it to me, the chances of me going to this have increased lol.

I also believe this tourney is being held on easter weekend, is that true?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
ok so I just found out that if I bussed it to Chicago, It would be 2.2375 times cheaper than flying here (on the weekend of the june 19th tourney). Is this an Illinois exclusive tourney, or will there also be ohio, michigan, kentucky, indiana, etc?

From looking at Zwarm's tourney results, it seems like you guys hold an event for like every game lol (Brawl singles, doubles, Brawl minus, and Brawl+) Hopefully if the thread has been created, someone could link it to me, the chances of me going to this have increased lol.

I also believe this tourney is being held on easter weekend, is that true?
Most of our tournaments are IL/WI tournaments since we're close to wisconsin. I think june 19th is Don't Blink 4, and I seem to remember Lain saying that he'll be going (which means he'll probably bring some of michigan as well). We have other states come occasionally, not sure what their plans are though. Regardless, we usually get about 30 people for Don't Blink, and I'm sure attendance will be going up since school will be over (for everyone except me :(:(:(:(:( )

Tin Man

Smash Hero
thanks for the info, Yall seem like nice ppl ^_^, I'll keep in touch with you guys for sure.

just wonderin, would it be possible to get a ride to this to and from chicago?

Xyless

Smash Master
Secret information: I hear a MW:W state is considering going to Don't Blink! 4. A state that's only been to Chicago one other (super amazing) time!

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Well, I ask because me and a friend of mine are going to be doing Weekly smashfest stuff, and I know Terre Haute is right on the boarder, but I've never been sure of how close it is to any actually Illinoise smashers.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Composer, you're like 3 hours away if I remember from S.L.O.T.H 1. We might make the trip once, but we won't be there every week, lol. Swimming/smash hang out is a neat idea though.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
I dunno if I'd say "in between"... you're around 2.5-3 hours from Springfield, and probably much further from northern Illinois. (also being closer to even-more-southern Illinois players, too)

Arty

Smash Lord
Oranos quit Melee, play Brawl :p

Soooo ummm MLG is coming up in a week.
DLA/Ook, can one of you guys book a hotel for us? Then you can divide the price by 6 and we can pay you that amount on our way.

Thats all we really need to do. DK said hes getting the SUV so we can just meet up at his house Friday morning and go there.

Top Bottom