• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I've been thinking since I can't come to things all the time I might start hosting some mini-smashfests.

My basement area can probably comfortably fit like 12 people max and maybe 3 setups max.

As for food I could possibly be cool and cook some food. If you don't like my homecooking there are a ton of resturants in slight driving distance like Wendy's, TBK (open 24/7), McDonald's, Subway, Quiznos, Burger King, etc.

I live pretty close to the blue line and the I-90 expessway, convients for car drivers and CTA-users.

What do you guys think? XD

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I've been thinking since I can't come to things all the time I might start hosting some mini-smashfests.

My basement area can probably comfortably fit like 12 people max and maybe 3 setups max.

As for food I could possibly be cool and cook some food. If you don't like my homecooking there are a ton of resturants in slight driving distance like Wendy's, TBK (open 24/7), McDonald's, Subway, Quiznos, Burger King, etc.

I live pretty close to the blue line and the I-90 expessway, convients for car drivers and CTA-users.

What do you guys think? XD
I'd go for sure... likely wouldn't drive though

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You're way better off asking Chewy, Arty doesn't help anyone. I've been asking him to teach me Falco for weeks.
Arty's response if you asked him to help you would be, "I could teach you IC's... I guess."

Arty

Smash Lord
Rofl its not that I dont want to, I just suck at teaching. You're better off asking Oro how to play Falco/ICs then getting tips from me. :colorful:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yea, I just mentioned the people who have been to a tournament in the last 6 months or so. And Dragndorf because he wants to come back.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Rofl its not that I dont want to, I just suck at teaching. You're better off asking Oro how to play Falco/ICs then getting tips from me. :colorful:
How to Falco, fire more lasers, side b in a smarter way than Arty, CG, back air is amazing.

How to ICs figure out every method to get a grab, get 1 grab a stock, 0-death every stock, win.

God **** I should play Brawl.:laugh:

Quik17

Smash Ace
And Dragndorf because he wants to come back.
Get him to come back! His Yoshi was amazing! I still need my revenge on him :)
Drag GameQ back too!

Edit: Oro, do you remember back in the day you and Dragn goin double yoshi in teams and almost beating Rofa and Shugo with them, but one of you guys kept suiciding lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yea.... it was Dragndorf. We was nervous... we didn't do too bad against Anther/Ally either, who we had to play first round.:)

Edit: that was also when Luigi's mansion was legal, we lost game 3 on our CP which was Mansion. Yoshi's infinites in the mansion were so gay. :p

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Guyssssssssss........................................................

We need to make better plans for MLG... I'm a bit worried they're going to fall through because we haven't been hearing much from Dark Kakashi. Did he get the SUV? Who's making hotel plans? We gotta get these things done, they're not going to get done by themselves : / It would be really nice to have a rough estimate on how much everyone will have to pay, too.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I know right. I just lurk everywhere until I hear from people. I was waiting for someone to comment on where we would stay before I confirm anything. Since I have no idea atm on that. I did try to contact a few people about it, but never got a response and I don't know what is everyone's budget for this. >_>

If I get a clear answer I will confirm things on my side. ^_^

Arty

Smash Lord
So here are some hotels near the venue and their prices:

Hotels

Theres a couple with 2 miles of the venue for $60 a night.
Theres also a couple right by the venue for $90 - $100 a night.

If we're only staying two nights then if the 6 of us stay in a hotel it should be about $20 - $35 a person for both days. ($10 - $18 per day)

Also for gas, since its a 13 hour total trip should be about $20 - $30 a person.

And Food should also be about $20 - $30 so assuming everyone bought their passes the trip should be about $60 - $100 total.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Is there any idea when the next Chicago tourney (or anywhere within the proximity of Chicago) will be held?

MAS in June is on the 12th, besides a smashfest the day before that, I think that's it. There's not a thread for it yet as far as I know, but yea. It's in Winthrop Harbor, about an hour north of Chicago. You planning on being in here soon? We ROBbros should meet up! =D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
So here are some hotels near the venue and their prices:

Hotels

Theres a couple with 2 miles of the venue for $60 a night.
Theres also a couple right by the venue for $90 - $100 a night.

If we're only staying two nights then if the 6 of us stay in a hotel it should be about $20 - $35 a person for both days. ($10 - $18 per day)

Also for gas, since its a 13 hour total trip should be about $20 - $30 a person.

And Food should also be about $20 - $30 so assuming everyone bought their passes the trip should be about $60 - $100 total.
Free food at the venue thats wut im doing :laugh:

Top Bottom