• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
So my post count is now 4/20. Discuss. I will not make another post in the Midwest boards non social chat until we have another drug converstaion. As Sothe would say, GO!

ook

Smash Lord
PERFECT. LOL

Except for the no angry eyebrows

I like the text on the 2nd pic better, but the background quality is worse.
The characters just get in the way IMO

Zwarm

Smash Hero
So, I like the one with characters a bit more, but I think Kappy should be the little girl mostly because I think it would be funny, but logically because I don't think he's mating with Kain, the male lion next to him. XD

So my post count is now 4/20. Discuss. I will not make another post in the Midwest boards non social chat until we have another drug converstaion. As Sothe would say, GO!
Weed.

Go get post 421 now!

Arty

Smash Lord

The evil eyebrows return.

Idk what to do about Kappy lol. Only options left are the girl lion and the little girl. Kappy what should I do haha?

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Just let me do it... lol. Idk what Arty did because I can't see the pictures because of my school blocking anything from photobucket/tiny pic. If everyone tells me who they want I'd make a nice PR picture sometime this week.

Scythe

Smash Master
this picture is pretty funny Bo, not sure if it'll be as funny if you make your own. You should see it!

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
Ok I seen the pics and I Lol'd the most at Quik and Arty. And yea, edit the first post with this until I update it xD. Everyone post who you want so I can make one lol.

Edit: I just noticed that me and 7FO are the only black guys, Akashi and Meneil are Adam and Eve, and that Kain is a lion. Its so perfect it's hilarious.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I have a tiny request...

would you kindly add a sombrero to Jesus' head? lolol

Or shades if the sombrero is too hard to add.

Or both! For extra points.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Hmm, this is, honestly, the toughest decision I've ever made in my entire life.

On one hand, I get to be the opposite sex of my own race, which goes without saying is awesome. Being
molested held by Jesus is an added bonus!

On the other hand, I can be a female lion and Kain's
sexual lover!

Hmm..decisions, decisions...

Make me both! LOL.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
On one hand, I get to be the opposite sex of my own race, which goes without saying is awesome. Being molested held by Jesus is an added bonus!
If you're going to get molested by someone, might as well be Jesus... he has magic hands you know.

hunger!

Smash Champion
So i don't come on here much. But i swear whenever i visit this thread, Southern IL is biitchin about chicago but they NEVER go to that area.....odd.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
Any complaints from IL players outside of Chicago are somewhat justified (albeit kinda whiny from Ripple at times :facepalm: ) Please stop creating arguments when there shouldn't be any (to: Ripple/any Wisconsin poster that brings this up). Since this is the PR thread, anybody from IL would technically be justified in discussing PR rankings (or a lack thereof) because that would be this thread's primary purpose. (it has evolved into IL's primary location for Brawl discussion, too)

Valid reasons to complain:
  • There was severely diminished Southern IL input in this PR's creation
    • ^ should be noted that Ripple was apparently never notified of this, until AFTER the new list was made
  • This left non-Chicago IL with only 1 representative (chewyy), who has largely been inactive over this window of time
  • This wasn't the first time that non-Chicago IL had a small influence on the PR
    • ^lol, while I'm thinking.. who was on the first PR's panel?
  • People tend to be biased toward players they have seen more (they should have a better idea of their skill for the same reason) and thus we should expect more Chicago panelists = better Chicago representation on the PR
  • Traveling to a majority of tournaments (provided they are all in Chicago) is a pain in the ***, in terms of scheduling/driving(+ gas money) for any smashers further than Springfield (~3 hours)
    • It's still a problem, on some level, for us to be expected to do so (even being as "close" as we are)
  • As a whole, Chicago players have NOT traveled elsewhere in-state. Any speculation on "southern IL" not attending Chicago tournaments is a bad basis for argument as the problem goes both ways(it certainly is a problem). If you ignore the players from the Chicago area who attend UIUC, ook is the only(?) player to attend two in-state tournaments outside of Chicago (TIMS3 & one of the CoC's) EVER, while being expected to regularly attend Chicago tournaments.
  • Usually, (as a result of winter weather or conflicting tournaments) it's more efficient for us ("southern IL") to attend other tournaments (in MO or IN) or not attend at all (conflicting personal schedules).
  • Regardless of how well any non-Chicago player performs over any period, due to a mix of the PR's criteria and our state's shape and tournament density, it would be incredibly difficult for any non-Chicagoan to actually reach #1.

Reasons that make it silly to complain:
  • Chicago players host more tournaments, and thus, usually attend more tournaments
  • Chicago has about the same number of people as the rest of the state combined
  • Chicago would be most likely to have our best players as a result of either of ^^'s
  • Non-Chicago players had a reduced tournament impact over this period (less tournaments attended as a whole)
  • We should be encouraged to attend more tournaments, especially those with other IL players to improve our state's rep as a whole
  • It's just a PR, and we expect it to change, so why put so much value in your own ranking?
    • ^when everyone's on the list, it becomes close enough where we shouldn't care anyway :\
  • Missouri doesn't have a PR thread, Ripple!

Top Bottom