• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Asking the important questions. :smirk:
Hahaha yeah that's by far the most important question. #SmashedNight

But seriously the TV's are important. We'd love to feel welcomed into the Chicago FGC, but it would be a lot harder if you make the mistake of assuming that just because we play Smash, that we'd be be OK with laggy TVs or poorly run brackets. We're very competitive, and if the venue doesn't meet our expectations then we'd be much less inclined to take it seriously, and therefore less likely to return in the future.

The TVs are especially important because Smash is a very movement-heavy game. 1-2 frames of lag are noticeable in Brawl, and almost game-ruining in Melee. I've seen one or two HD TVs that don't lag with the Wii/cube, but the vast majority of them have at least a little lag and really aren't fun to play on. I don't know a lot about the EVO tvs, but past experiences have taught me to be suspicious. I don't think that one of their biggest priorities is eliminating the few frames of lag that come from caveman consoles like ours.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Guys I understand your point of view on things.

I'm working to get the stuff done over here for events.

The tournament JJ referred to I was not involved with and have no idea what happened.

I can assure you if I run a tourney there it will be with lag free TVs and run like I used to. I take running events seriously and I know how much Smash needs the set ups to be able to run a Smash event without lag.

I already suggested some ideas for future events over there at Game Pazzo, now just waiting to see what happens. Once I have everything I need to run the event I will inform you guys of dates you will be open to setting up an event here so we can start promoting it.

And if I post there will be a prize, there will be. Domingo just started at Game Pazzo as well and I can assure you he will do his best to accommodate the needs you guys need to run a nice professional tournament.

The place is huge it has more than enough room for everyone. We'll see what we can get you guys. I'll do my best to get this going on the right foot!

Arty

Smash Lord
I was planning on going as well. However, I was assuming that RedRyu was going to pay the entire gas bill (and hotel costs as well), so now I'm kind of iffy.

Scythe

Smash Master
Don't worry I'll cover all the costs, so you guys can all have fun playing Brawl.
: D

_Kain_

Smash Champion
So far people interested seems like

Me
DLA
Sago
Arty
Red Ryu
Rev6
Delta
DSF
Fuujin prolly interested as well

Oh yeah Scythe, cause we all know how much he loves his brawl

Scythe

Smash Master
why can't all these OOS tourneys you guys are going to have melee and/or pm side events : /

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I feel like it would be fair

Also for the sake of clarity it's not a racism joke, it's a reference to the killer drink one of these beautiful Illinois melee players made for Teczero at GSS

Top Bottom