• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Ohshi. That's awesome.

After watching ESAM these last 2 days, I'm thinking of bringing back the Pikachu. Prolly not much at this tournament, but maybe the next one.

Hide ya snakes, hide ya sheiks, and hide ya spacies, cuz they chaingrabbin erryone out here.

:phone:

Scythe

Smash Master
after watching trela, i got inspired to enter dont blink! what a waste of money!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol. Seriously though, I'm not gonna play Pika in tournament if I can only win by CGing. That ain't even why I learned him in the first place. He's just a really fun character to play. It's a shame that I only feel comfortable enough to bring him out as a spacie slayer because of the dumb*** CG.

I'm just at a bit of a crossroads right now because Ganon's a ****ing awful character, and all of my other characters either suck or are way too aggro to be consistent. So I'm going to put some work into Pikachu because he's actually the only character that I really feel comfortable camping with when I need to.

I still have no idea what to do against MK though lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Lol my Sheik's so much better since you last fought it. Now I run up to my opponent and Fair their shield instead of running up to my opponent and dacusing their shield. I'm making a lot of progress!

Lol. Seriously though, I'm not gonna play Pika in tournament if I can only win by CGing. That ain't even why I learned him in the first place. He's just a really fun character to play. It's a shame that I only feel comfortable enough to bring him out as a spacie slayer because of the dumb*** CG.

I'm just at a bit of a crossroads right now because Ganon's a ****ing awful character, and all of my other characters either suck or are way too aggro to be consistent. So I'm going to put some work into Pikachu because he's actually the only character that I really feel comfortable camping with when I need to.

I still have no idea what to do against MK though lol.

MK is so easy

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
nothing in my life is casual. I'm the most serious dude ever

BTW has anyone heard of the Cab & Parachute?

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
Could I get a ride to DB (are these even called DB anymore?) Arty? I don't want to take the Metra since I could bring a setup if I came.

Arty

Smash Lord
I actually really like the direction the Brawl metagame is going. Most of the top players are really agressive and fun to watch. ****ing ICs though...

Jared, I'm not sure if I'm driving yet. My car has been ****ing up badly these last couple of weeks, so I finally had my mechanic pick it up today to check on it. I'll let you know though asap.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
I'm too aggressive, 64 made me that way. Brawl is too defensive for my tastes, the shield button alone really shuts down a lot of Ness' options in Brawl it's ridiculous. If anybody shields in 64 it will be their end, especially if I'm using Ness, Captain Falcon, or Fox. Fox is my second favorite aggressive character in Brawl (second favorite to Ness), but he gets shutdown by awful matchups (Pikachu, ICs, Shiek) which is a shame.

I hope the Brawl metagame develops more aggressively, its defensive metagame is what makes me prefer 64 and Melee over it.

I probably won't go to DB if I don't get a ride, I'm still kind of sick from the week before and I don't think I can handle the long Metra communte (takes me like 2+ hours to get there from my house) unless I start to feel better by Saturday morning.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I know that feeling, Jared. Commuting to a tournament while sick just increases the amount of stress you endure in pools/bracket :c. If commuting with friends makes it any easier, you can always commute (starting at Ogilvie) with Melinda and I. Hopefully you find a ride though =)

Speaking of such, just letting you guys know that Mel and I will need a ride from Glen Ellyn! Hopefully we'll get that resolved sometime soon

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Justin I want to go to WHOBO as well. Kain said you have free plane tickets, whats the situation with that?

If not then keep me in the loop cuz I still want to go, even if we're driving or megabussing.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
I know that feeling, Jared. Commuting to a tournament while sick just increases the amount of stress you endure in pools/bracket :c. If commuting with friends makes it any easier, you can always commute (starting at Ogilvie) with Melinda and I. Hopefully you find a ride though =)
I'll consider that option as well. I should be feeling better by Saturday, just have this annoying fever and this heatwave we have isn't exactly helping it either.

You're such a Brawl player, lolol. You better be at DB if I go, I want to play more Melee.

Top Bottom