• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

RichBrown

Smash Master
I have a lot of **** and being picked up would be so much easier for me lol. I'll supply gas moneys of course. Plus it's a rare opportunity to hang out and play with me... :p

Akashi

Smash Lord
I have a lot of **** and being picked up would be so much easier for me lol. I'll supply gas moneys of course. Plus it's a rare opportunity to hang out and play with me... :p
sorry man, let me give you the lay-out, once and for all.

Zwarm: Lives in Arl. Heights, but he has work.

Ook: Hasn't said anything, and will probably work.

Diego: If he's attending, he'll be with Arty and he's taking the bus.

Arty: ^.

Quik: ^.

DLA: He already stated it's out of his way, plus he may be drinking so if he does then I'm FORCING him to stay the night lol.

Kain: Lives in Chicago, so he won't be driving.

Oro: whathealreadysaid

Myself/Meneil: No car in Chicago

----

The only people left is Xyless, which... I seriously doubt (like 99% doubt) he'll be able to. For one, he's going to be staying the night at Meneil's place (the town house we're using), and he'll most likely be getting drunk too. Plus, I doubt he'll want to drive that far... but obviously I can't speak for him on either matter.

Regardless man, my hands are completely tied on this, sorry. If you can attend, that'd be awesome, but it doesn't seem like you're getting to the airport unless it's through commuting. :/

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
Can I get an address? Google maps is my best friend when it comes to getting someplace and I need to know where to walk to when I get off the bus obviously.

Arty

Smash Lord
Not only is it just Brawl Diego, but it's non-stop MK dittos.

Zozefup is making an appearance and he wants a piece of that Diego-knight

Akashi

Smash Lord
Can I get an address? Google maps is my best friend when it comes to getting someplace and I need to know where to walk to when I get off the bus obviously.
2226 north clybourn

@Diego: heck no, lol. For one, I highly suggest you bring your fighting pad/whatever you use for fighting games, bc I want at least one set up for sf/marvel/whatever people want. There'll Also be drinking games, like drunk Mario party, and a fun side tourney (that's the only brawl related thing). Of course we'll have brawl,but I want a little of everything for everyone:). I'll also be supplying a handle of Smirnoff, but I want to get a bottle of something else. Any suggestions? if not, I'm probably going with something universal like captain Morgan

:phone:

Arty

Smash Lord
2226 north clybourn
Is this the same place that Peter held that one Brawl+ tournament like 2 years ago?

Edit: Yo I see you lurkin this thread Clowsui, and I see you're in the Brawl Back Room now. I want to see Pikachu and ICs banned from competitive play and SV/BF/FD should be the only stages legal.

MAKE IT HAPPEN

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'll bring beeeeeeeer.

Also I'd rather see ICs banned than MK lol. Arty you should just go Wario against Pikachu. Oh wait.......

Akashi

Smash Lord
Is this the same place that Peter held that one Brawl+ tournament like 2 years ago?

Edit: Yo I see you lurkin this thread Clowsui, and I see you're in the Brawl Back Room now. I want to see Pikachu and ICs banned from competitive play and SV/BF/FD should be the only stages legal.

MAKE IT HAPPEN
Nope, that was off Belmont.

HERE ARE DIRECTIONS IF YOU'RE COMMUTING!

-CTA
Get off of the Fullerton Red/Brown/Purple line and take the stairs to where traffic is oncoming. Immediately below the overpass is the 74 Bus stop heading towards Grand Nordica, take that until Greenview (it's like a 5min ride, more or less). When you get off there, head south on Greenview (it'll be on the opposite side the bus drops you off), and go 1 block down until you reach the corner of Greenview and Clybourn. We're across the street from there.

-Metra
Once you get off the train and pass the underpass/small walk way-ish place, you'll immediately be on Ashland. Go North on that street (if you're confused on where to go, it's the opposite way the train is going if you're going inbound to Chicago), and take that allllllllll the way until Clybourn. Once on the corner of Ashland/Clybourn (you know you're there when you see a Wendy's), turn right and take that 5mins until you're at the town house. Alternatively, if you want to bus, take Bus 9 towards Ashland & Cortland, get off on Ashland & Clybourn, backtrack a few feet to get on Clybourn, and turn left (you'll be on the opposite side of the town house after walking 5mins or so).

edit: Can anyone bring a spare TV? :< I want to get at least 4 set-ups, so I'm hoping that can happen

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'll bring a TV tano. I hope I find a good parking spot though because I really don't want to carry that beast across like 3 blocks.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet

MAKE IT HAPPEN
I actually remember that tournament, fun times were had back when B+ interest still existed. But that was on Belmont, I remember it being literally a block away from the Belmont red line.

And as a Brawl Fox player I can 100% agree with what you said, with the addition of SV starter 100% of the time as well.

-CTA
Get off of the Fullerton Red/Brown/Purple line and take the stairs to where traffic is oncoming. Immediately below the overpass is the 74 Bus stop heading towards Grand Nordica, take that until Greenview (it's like a 5min ride, more or less). When you get off there, head south on Greenview (it'll be on the opposite side the bus drops you off), and go 1 block down until you reach the corner of Greenview and Clybourn. We're across the street from there.
Thanks for the directions, although I feel that these are more meant for Arty lolol.

One last question: When is this exactly? Sorry for the dumb question but it's been a while since I've visited this thread so I missed out on the exact date and when's the earliest you'd like/expect people to come.

clowsui

Smash Legend

MAKE IT HAPPEN
I don't do favors for people who hate guac.

Nice try, Hitler.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
Zwarm, your avatar is what gets me banned on this website.
And why it is a good manga (anime is worse than manga imo).

And fresh avacados > guacamole.

Arty

Smash Lord
Cool, I'll probably be by a little later. (around 5-6) Diego is coming as well. Andrew said he wanted to come, but he always says that and never comes lol.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
sorry man, let me give you the lay-out, once and for all.

Zwarm: Lives in Arl. Heights, but he has work.

Ook: Hasn't said anything, and will probably work.

Diego: If he's attending, he'll be with Arty and he's taking the bus.

Arty: ^.

Quik: ^.

DLA: He already stated it's out of his way, plus he may be drinking so if he does then I'm FORCING him to stay the night lol.

Kain: Lives in Chicago, so he won't be driving.

Oro: whathealreadysaid

Myself/Meneil: No car in Chicago

----

The only people left is Xyless, which... I seriously doubt (like 99% doubt) he'll be able to. For one, he's going to be staying the night at Meneil's place (the town house we're using), and he'll most likely be getting drunk too. Plus, I doubt he'll want to drive that far... but obviously I can't speak for him on either matter.

Regardless man, my hands are completely tied on this, sorry. If you can attend, that'd be awesome, but it doesn't seem like you're getting to the airport unless it's through commuting. :/
Did you forget i was coming? :<
Though I'll also probably be drinking c:

RichBrown

Smash Master
Ok I'm gonna need someone to spell this out for me

I have a way to get to the La Fox station for the Metra

Which stop do I get off at

And then how do I get to where I need to go from there

Help me please

I'll give you the best Olimar training you'll ever get ever

Plus I can bring a wii

Oro?!

Smash Hero
LaFox all the way to Ogilvie Train Station, from there, you can either

1)Take the North/Northwest line metra to Clybourne (first stop)

2)Hop on the CTA, but I'm not sure which route would be fastest

Scythe

Smash Master
google maps and then click the public transportation tab. Usually gets the job done.

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
If you decide to go with Oro's first option then I HIGHLY recommend that you plan out the train transfer first (look up train schedules here) since two differnt train lines run on different schedules and will most likely not allow arbitrary waiting for a train without waiting for 1-3 hours (or sometimes Metra trains just suck because they arrive 15 minutes late and cause you to just miss your train and make you wait 2 hours).

RichBrown

Smash Master
Is anyone going to Akashi's able to take me to the airport after the party? My flight is at 6:30am saturday, but I can go to the airport whatever friday night

Top Bottom