• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Ambient_Horizon

Smash Ace
When I get to Illinois I'm going to try to be a ranking Snake as well :D I was good enough to be PRed in Michigan when I was active anyway :) I just gotta shake the rust off/adapt to the new changes.

And lol at Amby. I got a nickname before I even moved to the state.

Scythe

Smash Master
That looked like a vbrawl match except for the cipher cancels and ook getting 2 up airs in a row.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
@ Th3 Composer, the Bible doesn't teach "good" people go to heaven. The Bible teaches that no one (besides Jesus) is good, and you can never do enough 'good' things to deserve heaven. You only get to heaven through a relationship with Jesus Christ.
D:

I really don't care about religion, but that sounds like a seriously **** move on God's part.

I think something exists, it's just that it doesn't matter. Even if we did happen to prove some omnipotent being, how would that affect my day to day life?

Zozefup

Smash Lord
D:

I really don't care about religion, but that sounds like a seriously **** move on God's part.

I think something exists, it's just that it doesn't matter. Even if we did happen to prove some omnipotent being, how would that affect my day to day life?
Good questions. It's pretty late, so I'll try to answer these when I get more time. The first question you ask me is huge. I've talked to a lot of people who don't believe in Christianity solely because of your first point. I think I can decently answer it because I've been ask that question so many times. It's weird, but I'm actually struggling with the 2nd question a lot more. I'll have to think about it. Of course realizing that there is a God who loves you and has a plan for life would change a lot. And going to heaven and doing God's will would be pretty important :). Obviously you would probably pray more and read the Bible more too. But I feel like I need a lot deeper answer than that.

I really appreciate everyone talking to me about this. Especially Chewy. He only says what he is 100% sure about and doesn't make up information. And all his points were still challenging and forced me too do more research into what I believe. I'm glad I've been asked these questions online first, instead of in person. It gives me time to think about my answers and look things up. So now if someone ask me the same question in person, I'll be more prepared to answer it.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I really appreciate everyone talking to me about this. Especially Chewy. He only says what he is 100% sure about and doesn't make up information. And all his points were still challenging and forced me too do more research into what I believe. I'm really glad I've been asked these questions online too instead of in person. It gives me time to think about my answers and look things up. So now if someone ask me the same question in person, I'll be more prepared to answer it.
I'm 100% uncertain about everything. Does that count? :p

Anyways, I meant it like this. I already live my life without really sinning, despite my apathy in higher beings. I've met some die hard religious fanatics who are... well, not great people. Judgmental, rude, and just plain egotistical. Not to mention Westboro, but that's too specific, really.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but if simply saying "Sorry, God, I ****ed up." everytime you're a jerk is good enough to get into heaven instead of just not being a jerk, then I seriously question the omnipotency of said figure.

I loved the Bible, but I feel everyone takes the stories too literally instead of for the morals and what not it provides. Well, the New Testament at least. The Old Testament was, uh, different. "Don't look at your burning kids, or you'll be turned into a salt statue! LULZ!"

And would we really want to discover God if it meant he ended up going Old Testament on our *****?

That's what she said.
Oh my.

Scythe

Smash Master
That's it i got a avatar. I hope it's okay to have the word hell on it.

Oro?!

Smash Hero

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Ask yourself this; Do I want to live the best life I can possibly live? Who better to go to fulfill your life than the one who created and designed you? He knows everything you're capable of and the possible obstacles along the way.

Do I want to be the best smasher I can possibly be? Who better to go to than Mew2King, Ally, and ADHD? They've created competitive brawl and advanced the metagame. They know the character matchups and styles of players they'll see along the way as they earn their tournament victories and prize money. If you had a chance, would you not go to them with questions and training sessions on how to play rather than just doing what spongejordan123 or zozefup does and hope for the best?

Jesus did some things that would certainly make life fulfilling and better than any human being I've seen. He's raised Lazarus from the dead, walked on water, fed thousands on a few fish and loaves of bread twice, healed people, made cripples walk, blind men see, and raised himself from the dead making his body disappear with men on guard behind a giant boulder. God has driven people out of slavery, killed a giant with an unarmoured child, and destroyed armies with a handful of men. He lived a perfect life. It'd be pretty cool to be a part of that instead of doing what Rob_Gambino does every day. He's still performing miracles even today.

God loves people and has promised to take care of them. He's made promises to people such as Abraham becoming the father of a great nation with many ancestors, promised Solomon more wisdom than any other man, promised us no need to fear, promised that he fights for the righteous, promised a plan of good for our lives, and yes, promises of eternal life.

The only way to that is through Jesus Christ. He sacrificed himself as the unblemished lamb that God so desired, hence many of the weird sacrifices/instant deaths when near the ark of the covenant (gimps near ledge) when someone's heart wasn't pure/crazy stuff in old testament. He lived a perfect life. Through Christ we're able to communicate with and seek God: ask for guidance and strength. We don't have to sacrifice our fattest calf (largest, leanest, and juiciest T-bone steak) to be with the Lord, we just pray in the name of Jesus.

Spongejordan was a good guy. Mother Theresa was a wonderful woman. John Paul II was a good guy. None of these people are good enough to make it to heaven. They need Jesus.

There's so much more than the promise of heaven though. He loves us, he wants to improve us, and wants to make an impact today. He gives you hope you hadn't had before. It's like Ally saying, "I want to come to your house for some serious training. Look, I've beat bassem's wario with captain falcon. With my help, your lucas will be tearing MikeHaze to pieces." Nah dude, you can't come over today. DLA was going to come over and show me some stuff today, I'll be all right.

I'm 100% uncertain about everything. Does that count? :p

Anyways, I meant it like this. I already live my life without really sinning, despite my apathy in higher beings. I've met some die hard religious fanatics who are... well, not great people. Judgmental, rude, and just plain egotistical. Not to mention Westboro, but that's too specific, really.

I'm not saying I'm perfect, but if simply saying "Sorry, God, I ****ed up." everytime you're a jerk is good enough to get into heaven instead of just not being a jerk, then I seriously question the omnipotency of said figure.
Yeah, this can get really annoying, and when you see this and experience it, it really doesn't make you want to become involved. I'm as guilty at this as anyone else. Here's a quote that pretty much sums it up. "The greatest single cause of atheism in the world,today, is christians who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, then walk out the door and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving word simply finds unbelievable."

At the same time though, we can't really control what others do, only what ourselves do. Just because someone else that claims to live for the Lord screws up, doesn't mean I should stop. We could question if they deserve to be with God in heaven, but that's not really our call to make. I'll let God decide.

Anyways, we can either live our lives the way we think is best and most fulfilling, or we could give someone who's done it better a chance? It's not to say life is going to simple and easy. You may not have the wealth and honor like king david, but rather in prison with feces up to your knees such as Paul. You may be living in poverty surrounded by violence, but nonetheless, God will provide for your needs and bring you life of abundance.

P.S. New Testament has some crazy stuff in it too.

P.P.S. Illinois wrestling avatars sounds too good.

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
When did this turn into Illinois religion discussion? I feel like it's not anything to argue about, people have their own opinions and a right to have them. Trying to change someone's mind on a matter like this is pretty futile. It's like a court case where neither side has any evidence. I'd like to end this by saying that Iillinois sucks because they didn't use this ****** as their avy

For scrubs who don't know it's Tajiri.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
its pretty funny that people believe in magic and fairy tales. to appreciate the message of religion is fine, but to believe some dude could walk on water and raise the dead is just lol
i cant see how seemingly intelligent people can believe that these things actually occured, defying the laws of nature and physics, the closest things we have to actual truth
also, the first texts of the new testament were written in 50 AD, about 27 years after his death. thats about the avg life expectancy of the time, making it difficult, albeit not impossible, that people that actually new jesus wrote the texts. also, why would they wait an entire life time to spread the word of this 1st century David Blaine?

Akashi

Smash Lord
When did this turn into Illinois religion discussion? I feel like it's not anything to argue about, people have their own opinions and a right to have them. Trying to change someone's mind on a matter like this is pretty futile. It's like a court case where neither side has any evidence. I'd like to end this by saying that Iillinois sucks because they didn't use this ****** as their avy

For scrubs who don't know it's Tajiri.
GRIMACE HAS SPOKEN! If you don't agree, then

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Trying to change someone's mind on a matter like this is pretty futile.
I'm pretty sure people convert to Christianity all the time through discussion. The mission trip I went to over spring break we just talked to people on the street about Jesus, and 57 people gave their life to God. :)

its pretty funny that people believe in magic and fairy tales
I believe they (miracles, not magic and fairy tales) still happen today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il9pyUO4iAU

I prefer this version, but it's about 30 min long

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYZWFgZN-FQ
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il9pyUO4iAU
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUo-_CnXtQ
Part 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJR5YHLVgbI

*wonders how many times I will have to post those videos before anyone will watch them* I would really like to hear someone's thoughts on those.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm pretty sure people convert to Christianity all the time through discussion. The mission trip I went to over spring break we just talked to people on the street about Jesus, and 57 people said they'd give their life to God just so we'd stop bothering them about it. :)
Fixed. Those poor, helpless people.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
From Zoze's video:

"And I looked at him, and I saw something in him - I don't know what, but I saw something in him - and finally, he said to me: "Do you want to take it off?"

Very sexy, 10/10, would watch again

Top Bottom