• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Plus if you are going to ban those infinites, then why not ban naner locks, ZSS D smash footstool infinite on ROB, any other dumb infinite in this game. You can't pick favorites. All or none.
I have the same thoughts.

I didn't realize a year made you considerably older.
:mad:

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
i think infinite dimensional cape is impractical for stalling anyways... do you know how hard it is to do that for several minutes at a time? I'm pretty sure that I'm the best person that I know at doing the infinite dimensional cape, and my record is only like 1 minute. And that was because my arm gave up on me lol, not because I messed up.

like, unless someone with a mighty fapping arm like Jared picks up MK, then infinite dimensional cape isn't a big deal.

Akashi

Smash Lord
It doesn't really matter, all infinites are legal according to the new required BBR ruleset.
i was just defending the point that all infinites are stupid, and they should all be banned (except wall infinites, since you HAVE to put yourself next to one). i was also asking whether the cargo was a true infinite, or if they could DI left or right to be released in a different spot. if you can, then it shouldn't be banned imo

edit: man im up so late, im way too tired. night night

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i think infinite dimensional cape is impractical for stalling anyways... do you know how hard it is to do that for several minutes at a time? I'm pretty sure that I'm the best person that I know at doing the infinite dimensional cape, and my record is only like 1 minute. And that was because my arm gave up on me lol, not because I messed up.

like, unless someone with a mighty fapping arm like Jared picks up MK, then infinite dimensional cape isn't a big deal.
Well, better safe than sorry. :p

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Ok, I can understand Lylat then.

Seriously, Brawl must be the only tournament based game that encourages infinites. That's truly pathetic. If someone from the BBR can see this, tell me why infinites are ok. You're ok with IC one grab = one stock (that takes what, 15 minutes to learn?), DDD standing infinites on 5 characters (correct me if I am wrong), Diddy's one banana locks, Marth's CG on Ness/Lucas, and the game breaking down even more from just something campy to a standing spree of one move over and over?

No wonder the metagame for Brawl is a freaking joke!!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ok, I can understand Lylat then.

Seriously, Brawl must be the only tournament based game that encourages infinites. That's truly pathetic. If someone from the BBR can see this, tell me why infinites are ok. You're ok with IC one grab = one stock (that takes what, 15 minutes to learn?), DDD standing infinites on 5 characters (correct me if I am wrong), Diddy's one banana locks, Marth's CG on Ness/Lucas, and the game breaking down even more from just something campy to a standing spree of one move over and over?

No wonder the metagame for Brawl is a freaking joke!!
MvC series, Older SF games, Naruto fighting games.

Your acting as if Smash is the first game with stupid things in it.

KenniSpam!

Smash Master

****ING LOL caps

Quik17

Smash Ace

Yah but at least Capcom patches out infinites in games like MvC3 when they are discovered.

I still don't get why people think they should be legal especially since an infinite is a lot more broken in this game than in other fighters.

SothE700k

Smash Lord

I meant tournament games that are even being taken seriously anymore.
Did I say this is the only game that has stupid things in it? No. Reread what you just quoted from me before making such an outlandish remark again. Because I said it's the only tournament based game that encourages infinites.
I can point out many flaws in lots of fighting games. But one of three things happen with those games:
1) They're patched, removing such stupidity
2) Proper rulesets are made to counteract the stupid things happening in the game
3) People realize it does not have the potential to be a serious tourney game. So it never gets off the ground.

Now how all three have been ignored but Brawl is still big is beyond me. Is Naruto huge for tournaments? No. Old SF? What was so wrong with that? Yes, the one time flaw with Akuma. But he was banned, end story. And MvC? MvC2 was HUGE and from what I've been told, it wasn't all that bad. Yes, the Magneto infinite. But you try doing that consistently because I've been told that it's a ***** to even perform properly. MvC3? Now THERE'S a joke of a game for tournaments. Funny how that hasn't even kicked off the ground despite the fastest patch possibly ever coming out for a game. Even more shocking that Capcom even patched a game up.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I meant tournament games that are even being taken seriously anymore.
Did I say this is the only game that has stupid things in it? No. Reread what you just quoted from me before making such an outlandish remark again. Because I said it's the only tournament based game that encourages infinites.
I can point out many flaws in lots of fighting games. But one of three things happen with those games:
1) They're patched, removing such stupidity
2) Proper rulesets are made to counteract the stupid things happening in the game
3) People realize it does not have the potential to be a serious tourney game. So it never gets off the ground.

Now how all three have been ignored but Brawl is still big is beyond me. Is Naruto huge for tournaments? No. Old SF? What was so wrong with that? Yes, the one time flaw with Akuma. But he was banned, end story. And MvC? MvC2 was HUGE and from what I've been told, it wasn't all that bad. Yes, the Magneto infinite. But you try doing that consistently because I've been told that it's a ***** to even perform properly. MvC3? Now THERE'S a joke of a game for tournaments. Funny how that hasn't even kicked off the ground despite the fastest patch possibly ever coming out for a game. Even more shocking that Capcom even patched a game up.
The MvC3 scene is huge. They've already had like 3 huge tournaments (not including all the locals), and the streams always have like over 5000 viewers when they happen...

SothE700k

Smash Lord
The MvC3 scene is huge. They've already had like 3 huge tournaments (not including all the locals), and the streams always have like over 5000 viewers when they happen...
You're kidding. *sigh* I can admit when proven wrong. But I still stand by my claim with MvC3 being a joke of a tournament game.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Wait, what? GG has them too?
It would be safe to assume that they weren't so freaking stupid that everyone abused them or were able to, right?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
IMO if the developers try to design the game so that there are no infinites, but people inadvertently find infinites, those infinites should be banned.

Also, I need to know who's coming to my smashfest on saturday. It starts at 1 P.M., not 4.

THAT MEANS SHOW UP AT 1 P.M. you *******s

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
double post...

I'm actually rescheduling the smashfest to 3 p.m. since we're all meeting up at Mongolian BBQ in naperville at like 1 p.m., so DON'T COME AT 1 P.M. lol

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Wait, what? GG has them too?
It would be safe to assume that they weren't so freaking stupid that everyone abused them or were able to, right?
Yes GG has them too. FORTUNATELY, they are for the most part, character specific *cough like 80% of them are on Potemkin cough*, and are on par with if not harder depending on the infinites you choose to Magneto's MvC2 infinites. If you knew anything about those, the majority of players instead pick places to force resets/tick throws because the infinites are so technically demanding. There are a ton of combos that OHKO you in GG anyways, I don't understand the hate for a infinite. They are not easy to set up, I think the majority if not all require the wall, and they are not easy to perform. Plus the way damage scales suggests that it would be more efficient to find ulterior motives of killing your opponent.

Have you never seen the Outstanding Combos Video Series for every GG character. They show like 0-death combos for like every character, infinites for Testament (he has the most), and in general crazy looking/hard to do combos.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Now that I think about it, I believe Brawl completely killed anything fighting game-wise for me. Infinites included. MvC3 before the patch left a horrible taste in my mouth too. If infinites will be in a game yet there are ways to beat it out or it's hard as hell to do, then I'll learn to accept them. Guess I've just been tainted with poison, that's all.

Fuuuuuuuuuu-I gotta check my schedule because I may be hanging out with someone Saturday. I'm not sure if we will be hanging out, but better to be definite than assume. Going to BDs and DLA's would be amazing.

Xyless

Smash Master
Now that I think about it, I believe Brawl completely killed anything fighting game-wise for me. Infinites included. MvC3 before the patch left a horrible taste in my mouth too. If infinites will be in a game yet there are ways to beat it out or it's hard as hell to do, then I'll learn to accept them. Guess I've just been tainted with poison, that's all.
That's what Street Fighter IV is for.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
That's what Street Fighter IV is for.
Unfortunately, Xyless, I hate SFIV. When I score a hit in that game, I want to keep going for more. But because the way the game was made, everything auto resets. It's a different kind of game and many people do like it. I'm not knocking it, it's my own opinion stating it's not my thing.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
you don't have to bring a cake, as there will be cupcakes haha.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
just a reminder, my smashfest starts at 3 p.m., not 1.... so don't show up at 1 because I won't be there.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Why do you have a lesser player as your avy? :colorful:
hey you're talking about IL's very own Arthur Lipka.

he has a more illustrious history in Chicago than Al Capone.

have some respect when talking about him.

Top Bottom