• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
I'm having a smashfest at my house this saturday, April 9th... it's also my 20th birthday so yay me I guess.

PS if the present you bring me costs less than $75, then I won't even let you in my house... so better start shopping

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
does "priceless" count as more or less than $75?
I'm not sure how to answer this... it's like dividing by zero.

Does booze count if it's less than 75$?
It would be acceptable, but if you show up at my door with a bottle of Cpt. Morgan then you will probably be kicked out by my parents anyways lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
mm, saturday? I highly doubt Mel and I can go b/c I like lots of rest for Sunday (work and such). I'll talk to her and see what she thinks
lol dude that's a horrible john! it's not like i'd force you to stay until midnight or anything. it's your call of course if you just want to relax on saturday though.

Also barns if you're serious about the booze then go for it. we'll probably have to wait until my parents go to bed though (or at least my mom... dad wouldn't like it but he probably wouldn't get me in trouble if he saw us drinking). we can all chip in for it if you want (unless it's a present <3)

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Also dbl post.

If I go to DLA's, I barely come to these so me coming should be a present, and pretty sure I'm worth more than 75$ :awesome: Get da **** at me!

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I don't like this ruleset, I gotta be honest.
-If someone is stupid enough to even get caught in a Kirbycide/DDDcide/Ganoncide, it should go to the initiator of the move. They don't happen often enough and when they do, it's because of the opponent's mistake. Why reward the guy who would've lost?
-Make that edgegrab limit equal. Sure, MK is awesome at the ledge, but that's just singling a character out. Either all have 50 or all have 35.
-lol Lylat a starter. Explain this one to me please. Seriously, please do.
-Why are the infinites like DDD's grab on DK, Mario, etc legal?

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Grats on the job Ook... hook me up with some sliders?

Also Kain you're gonna be worth billions soon anyways so I aint even gonna worry about it

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I don't like this ruleset, I gotta be honest.
-If someone is stupid enough to even get caught in a Kirbycide/DDDcide/Ganoncide, it should go to the initiator of the move. They don't happen often enough and when they do, it's because of the opponent's mistake. Why reward the guy who would've lost?
-Make that edgegrab limit equal. Sure, MK is awesome at the ledge, but that's just singling a character out. Either all have 50 or all have 35.
-lol Lylat a starter. Explain this one to me please. Seriously, please do.
-Why are the infinites like DDD's grab on DK, Mario, etc legal?
-Either 1 stock rematch, or game screen decides. Moves like Bowser's klaw kill the opponent first, so that's the only way it makes sense to get an auto win.

-Ditto. Or just ban MK and remove LGL.

-Lylat helps against ******* characters that win on flat stages. Game 1 chance to take Diddy/D3/ICs/Falco to Lylat is ****.

-If standing infinites are banned, then why are wall infinites legal? They are standing infinites. What makes standing and not standing infinites different? You can't pick and choose which to include and which to ban. Take 'em all or ban 'em all. Do you really think the marth infinites on the kids make the matchups any worse? Marth already ***** the living **** out of them. They are low/bottom tier for a reason.

Scythe

Smash Master
-If standing infinites are banned, then why are wall infinites legal? They are standing infinites. What makes standing and not standing infinites different? You can't pick and choose which to include and which to ban. Take 'em all or ban 'em all. Do you really think the marth infinites on the kids make the matchups any worse? Marth already ***** the living **** out of them. They are low/bottom tier for a reason.
This is so dumb. Wall infinites can be avoided by camping out the transformations.

You can't camp out a whole match without getting *****.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Okay, what about things like Yoshi's pivot infinite on Wario? Why is that fine if standing infinites are banned? What about DK's cargo grab release infinite on Ness/Lucas. That is legal all the time. Yet people worry about **** like small stepping or infinites where you can stand still.

I am just saying all or none.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Okay, what about things like Yoshi's pivot infinite on Wario? Why is that fine if standing infinites are banned? What about DK's cargo grab release infinite on Ness/Lucas. That is legal all the time. Yet people worry about **** like small stepping or infinites where you can stand still.

I am just saying all or none.
Don't they have a 50/50 chance to get out? If not, it'd be considered illegal (along with Marth's standing infinite). Yoshi's pivot infinite is still legal because nobody uses him, and therefore nobody cares. It's stupid logic, but it's true. I'd have it illegal too though

Scythe

Smash Master
Well if those are standing infinites then they should be banned too, although I'm not too familiar with the yoshi stuff

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Plus if you are going to ban those infinites, then why not ban naner locks, ZSS D smash footstool infinite on ROB, any other dumb infinite in this game. You can't pick favorites. All or none.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Don't they have a 50/50 chance to get out? If not, it'd be considered illegal (along with Marth's standing infinite). Yoshi's pivot infinite is still legal because nobody uses him, and therefore nobody cares. It's stupid logic, but it's true. I'd have it illegal too though
It doesn't really matter, all infinites are legal according to the new required BBR ruleset.

Top Bottom