• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
So i went outside to get in my car to go to work today. And.....its gone......

I missed work, could lose my job.

The police department said they didnt tow it or locate it.

So i guess for now i cant drive my car that i dont have to ohio.....so im really really sorry to everyone that was riding with me. Ill let you guys know if i can find it before this weekend and its not stripped or totaled.

Again really sorry, im just really unlucky.
Wow, that's really ********. Good luck getting your car back and I hope you don't lose your job...

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Wow Sago that's horrible. Fkin chicago. I really hope you don't lose your job or anything.

If (Allah forbid) Sago's car isn't available for the tournament, we may want to talk about trimming a few people from the other cars to fit some of our ranked players in.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Wow Sago that's horrible. Fkin chicago. I really hope you don't lose your job or anything.

If (Allah forbid) Sago's car isn't available for the tournament, we may want to talk about trimming a few people from the other cars to fit some of our ranked players in.
You would turn to this option first. >_> Why not just find someone else to drive or rent a car? I'm sure people would be willing to step it up since stupid **** like this happened to Sago when he was being nice enough to drive people in the car he needs for work and stuff in the first place.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Yeah nobody should get trimmed (even though that would make a spot for me ^_^) LOL im jk. Doesn't anybody else have a car that we could use or go with?

Sago hopefully you find your car, idk if you'll get fired especially if you explain wtf happened and why you couldn't make it to work

SothE700k

Smash Lord

I'm sorry about this, but I really feel like I must say something.

That's a real d*** move to even suggest. Sorry that not everyone is considered "ranked" or "good enough". I thought this was all about having fun, getting together and going along for the ride; not trying to single people out just so people can take home something as ignorant as pride for a state.

If someone good goes over there, then cool. If someone does not hold those kinds of abilities and goes, then so what!? This isn't the god damn Olympics dude.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm sorry about this, but I really feel like I must say something.

That's a real d*** move to even suggest. Sorry that not everyone is considered "ranked" or "good enough". I thought this was all about having fun, getting together and going along for the ride; not trying to single people out just so people can take home something as ignorant as pride for a state.

If someone good goes over there, then cool. If someone does not hold those kinds of abilities and goes, then so what!? This isn't the god damn Olympics dude.
Sothe, I love you. <3

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's not the olympics, but it is a competitive tournament.

If we have to trim people, it's not like we're banning them from going to the tournament. They just need to find another way.

IL is underrated, especially in MW:E. We need to have all of our competitive presence there. And IMO, it would be a shame if a ranked player like Kain or Arty weren't able to represent IL just because someone else called "dibs" first.

This isn't a road trip vacation, guys... we're driving 6 hours to a tournament, participating in the tournament, then leaving the tournament. You all know that if we were just taking a random road trip, I would never choose seats based on "who is better at Brawl". And if you think that about me then I might not even bother driving to this tournament.

_Kain_

Smash Champion
It's not cool to trim people for other people to go when their confirmed to go with you already. I prolly wouldn't even take the spot cause I see it as wrong. While it is a competitive thing, most people are still going for the fun ride there and to have fun. I prolly wouldn't even go even if someone offered their spot, like Oro did.

Either way, anyone else have a car that could prolly get the people that were in Sago's car unless he gets ahold of it?

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Yeah nobody should get trimmed (even though that would make a spot for me ^_^) LOL im jk. Doesn't anybody else have a car that we could use or go with?

Sago hopefully you find your car, idk if you'll get fired especially if you explain wtf happened and why you couldn't make it to work
You are getting my spot if we don't get another driver. Deal with it.:)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
None of this affects me or my ride there, but I still feel the need to say that you care way too much about our image, DLA. The fact that you'd leave people behind who already had a ride and had planned to go there, just because our state will "look bad" is a very childish way to think of this whole thing, and the fact that you're threatening to not drive 8 people there on top of the 5 who already might have lose their ride makes you even more childish.

In reality, we shouldn't be thinking about trimming people, but finding an alternative. TWSS said he could possibly drive, Norm could possibly drive, if it comes down to it, just rent a car. Trimming people is not the best option, and it shouldn't even be an option, imo.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I understand it is a competitive tournament. But from the way it's sounding, it's being twisted into something that MUST be done, sending people who can rep into something major while leaving everyone else behind. Let's get real here: There's no medals to be won, no national exposure, no mainstream fame, nothing. Sure there's cash, but will that end up being the root of what should be the reason to cut people out? Doesn't sound like cash, so the next big thing: repping.

I must ask this seriously, is it THAT important to which people who did call a spot first when it was specified to call for a spot first get kicked out? That sounds wrong if you ask me.

Driving to a tournament, participating in a tournament, then leaving the tournament isn't the only thing going on. It's also about going on a trip with your friends, making memories, and having a blast (I'm getting sappy, get over it). You do go to compete, yes, as you should when you're going to a tournament. If your mindset is to go there for strictly the idea of competing and nothing more so you have to justify such a ludicrous statement like cutting those who wanted to go out just for those who are considered 'better', then I really question your ideas to what even goes on.

EDIT:
It's not cool to trim people for other people to go when their confirmed to go with you already. I prolly wouldn't even take the spot cause I see it as wrong. While it is a competitive thing, most people are still going for the fun ride there and to have fun. I prolly wouldn't even go even if someone offered their spot, like Oro did.

Either way, anyone else have a car that could prolly get the people that were in Sago's car unless he gets ahold of it?
My respect just skyrocketed for you, Kain.

In reality, we shouldn't be thinking about trimming people, but finding an alternative. TWSS said he could possibly drive, Norm could possibly drive, if it comes down to it, just rent a car. Trimming people is not the best option, and it shouldn't even be an option, imo.
Couldn't have put it better myself. Quoted for truth.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Welcome to the IL ranked boards King, where if there's not trolling going on, there's either planning to go to a tournament or people ready to kill each other!

And Zwarm, what the heck is up with that picture!?
EDIT: Never mind, ninja'd.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
You need to be 25 to rent a car. Just making sure everyone knows that. The only way Sago's passengers are getting there (if his car doesn't turn up) is if someone else is willing to take a car. And we've had 3 months to find cars, so I doubt we're going to have any luck now. We got lucky because Sponge was willing to leave at, like, 2 a.m. to drive us there. And extra lucky that I somehow got my parents to let me use a car, about 10 days before the tournament.

Listen, I'm just stating my opinion here. I'm not even sure that I'd have this opinion if I wasn't ranked... and if I did, I probably wouldn't be nearly as vocal about it. And as much as I say all of this, I probably wouldn't have the heart to actually "trim" someone from the car.

All I'm saying is that, if you're teetering on the fence between going and not going, please consider letting someone have your spot. I'm not being childish here... last I checked, the definition of being childish is acting like a child, or being selfish. I'm not thinking of myself at all here. I know that some people want to go to the tournament more than others, and I also know that the rest of the Midwest wants to see some people more than others.

I'm not trimming anyone, and of course I want to see us find another option of getting everyone there. It's just that, if we haven't found any such options in the 3+ months allotted to us, it'll be hard for us to do it in one day. So I want people to be prepared.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
My point still stands, DLA's being irrational about this, I just posted the picture to cut the tension a bit. XD
Anime doesn't lessen my tension... it makes me want to KILL:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Except the Bebop obvs.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You're not thinking of yourself, yes, but you're assuming we all care what other states think about us, and want people to be cut on that assumption. I honestly think you're the only one who cares what IL's image is to other states, so don't assume we want to cut people because they won't make our state look as good.

Also, I know you have to be 25, I was the one that mentioned it in the Skype chat initially, but Xyless said there are some places that don't have that restriction, so I figured I'd mention it here.

I agree with Kain though, we shouldn't argue about it, just know that no one should be cut because of this, DLA.

EDIT: Uguu~
Ahaha~
Auu~
Nipaa~

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Alright, "cut" was the wrong word. No one's cutting anybody. I just needed to be the bad guy for a few posts.

All I'm asking is if anyone wants to give up a spot. I've seen a few people that seem kind of indifferent right now.

also... I'm pretty sure all rental places in IL are 25+. Go ahead and look though, it's just from my experience. A rental car would be kickass.

Akashi

Smash Lord
I'm sorry about your car, Sago. When I made my post about me attending Sunday, tbh I didn't check the past few pages. I really hope your car isn't lost forever... and gl with your job. Did you at least call them and told them what happened? I hope they understand. I'll pray for you man!

@ the drama - don't turn things into a lynch please :\. I'm all with you guys not trimming - in fact, if we trimmed from our car I would not go PERIOD based on principle alone - but let DLA have an opinion please. Even if we don't agree on it, try to be civil. We're all friends here (at least you guys are to me), and tbh I cringe when you all bicker about small stuff .-.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I'm not saying he shouldn't have an opinion, but when he tries to take the opinion of the whole state and make it his own, that shouldn't happen.

Also, I wouldn't really consider this "small", this is kinda urgent seeing as the tournament is in 2 days.

Akashi

Smash Lord
can't we all just get along.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=98698 !

Zwarm said:
I'm not saying he shouldn't have an opinion, but when he tries to take the opinion of the whole state and make it his own, that shouldn't happen.

Also, I wouldn't really consider this "small", this is kinda urgent seeing as the tournament is in 2 days.
It's small until we don't make it so :). Also, if nobody cosigns, then it's no longer the state's opinion ;D.

:c

Quik17

Smash Ace
I'm not really sure how so many people are disagreeing with DLA. We're not planning a trip to Six Flags. We're planning a trip for a national Brawl tourney. It only makes sense that we have our best players there so that we can represent IL to the fullest. It would be really unfortunate if Kain and Arty missed this tourney.

Edit: Good luck on your car Sago. You shouldn't get fired though if you explain to them what actually happened.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
It's a difficult situation... I'm done on the subject because any more prodding people to drop out will look like I'm trying to cut people.

I just want IL to get the rep they deserve... I'm tired of having to defend IL when I tell people that I'm ranked in this state, and they go "so? it's IL." We're better than that.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
It's a difficult situation... I'm done on the subject because any more prodding people to drop out will look like I'm trying to cut people.

I just want IL to get the rep they deserve... I'm tired of having to defend IL when I tell people that I'm ranked in this state, and they go "so? it's IL." We're better than that.
Dumb argument is dumb, and you are a hypocrite. You insult IL on a consistent basis even if it isn't on smash related topics. It doesn't matter if you are ranked in really any area unless it's tristate, SoCal, or FL. Everyone else just doesn't seem as good, correct me if I'm wrong.

If you don't want us to look bad hype us up instead of throwing Arty snake jokes out there, or saying everyone cries and watches anime.

Just saying...

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah MW Brawl kind of is a joke. We probably only have 2 or 3 players in the top 25 in the nation, without counting M2K obviously. And that's pushing it.

edit: since when does arty's snake, or people's anime watching habits have anything to do with how good we are at brawl? I never insult IL's brawl skill.

ook

Smash Lord
Well yeah, when sago posted, the first thing I thought (after "wow that's terrible") was "I wonder who's not gonna be able to go".
It didn't seem fair that it would be decided by whoever was unlucky enough to have a spot in Sago's car. I figured if another car couldn't be found (allah forbid) that there would be some seat-gifting by the people who don't care as much about brawl but happened to get in one of the fortunate cars. I'm actually really (pleasantly) surprised that so many people are dedicated enough to tenaciously want to travel 7 hours to a brawl tourney. :)

just saying I don't think your post was all that ludicrous, DLA.
I'd give up my seat for kain <3

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Guys, MN had 7 people in YoshQ's car... to MAS. A monthly two states away.

How about instead of dropping people, we just ****ing pile em in. DLA, does your van go all the way to the back?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
He's saying you don't help our state look any better by saying those things, even if they aren't Brawl, it still saying something about our players, who according to you are all crying weaboos.

And I quote:
"DLA wrote at 3:05 AM on Dec 29, 2010 :
if you think that's bad, never move to IL. all they talk about is watching anime that makes them cry."

Top Bottom