• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Oro?!

Smash Hero
DaShizWiz is making me wanna play Melee Falco
I will teach you!
Armada is making me wanna play Melee Peach
I will teach you!
...Dang it. I was planning on making my Saturday a chill day.
I may go. I'll see how I feel in a few days.

If I do, we're MMing in BB:CS, Barns!
Deal!
Seriously dude! melee is crazy fun.
Meleeeeeeeee!
I really want to go to this, but IL doesn't party so no one else will want to go :(

Trust me, i've been barking up that tree for a while
I don't drink/smoke, but I would hang with those ***s that do. Laughing at/with drunks/stoners is 222222 gud.:cool:

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
WOW ORO!!!!!!!!

IMA BE RAGIN JERK!!!

ps: I would like to that tourney it looks real fun ^ ^I dot drink or smoke but it doesnt mean we cant have free.. snax? ;3 yum

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
WOW ORO!!!!!!!!

IMA BE RAGIN JERK!!!

ps: I would like to that tourney it looks real fun ^ ^I dot drink or smoke but it doesnt mean we cant have free.. snax? ;3 yum
are you gay for oro or something? all your posts have only been about oro. others are also wondering this too, so its not just me.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
Wow, Zozefup. Wow.

Hey Nicole, ever played Energy Pong? It's Beer Pong with energy drinks instead. ****s intense. The loser of the bout has their heart beating so fast they may need to go to the hospital! o_o

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Wow, Zozefup. Wow.

Hey Nicole, ever played Energy Pong? It's Beer Pong with energy drinks instead. ****s intense. The loser of the bout has their heart beating so fast they may need to go to the hospital! o_o
That sounds really stupid. If you're good enough (or bad enough) at beer pong, you'll end up in the hospital anyways lmao.

I really don't understand why IL brawl never parties. If we go to Kahoka then I'm forcing you guys to live a little, cause everyone is really weird about the concept of partying for some reason.

Everyone says "well I don't drink but I don't have anything against it". Well if you don't have anything against it, then why don't you drink? lmao

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Wow Zoze you are soooooo dumb. Let's make outlandish stereotypes based off of far fetched tales that didn't even exist til your feeble mind thought of it 10 seconds before your post. :p

Edit: DLA I don't drink and smoke because of multiple reasons. First off, the taste of all alcohol pretty much sucks. I drink an occasional Rum and Coke, that's it. Every brand of beer sucks, wine sucks, hard liquor sucks by itself. Secondly, there are moral issues of mine against it. There were not instilled by anyone but myself. I am not ignorant to how bad weed/alcohol is for you, I am knowledgeable about the substances, it is just against my personal beliefs. Third kind of fits in with the second. I see no reason to alter my state of mind intentionally to a lesser state(that's all it is.) I can understand reasoning behind the usage of drugs for that purpose, but imo it is just a sign of weakness, and Darwin says survival of the fittest mother****er. If I ever drink, it's because it tastes good, I don't want to drink to get passed the point of being buzzed.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
meh basically i don't drink often because there is noone for me to drink with and well i don't enjoy the taste of most alcohol.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Weed is actually an amazing drug. It doesn't dumb you down, it actually stimulates your mind. My one problem is that if I smoke too much than I just overthink everything, I'm so busy thinking that I'm often still thinking about something off in my own mind, so it seems like I'm being dumb and staring into space. But then I retort with s*** feeble minds wouldn't think of. One time I wrecked my friend in chess because I was high and I was thinking about all my moves and all the possible consequnces and how my friend would've reacted to my moves. Weed opens up my mind in ways I could never imagine.

Alcohol however makes you dumb as hell. But that's alright if you don't get wasted. Alcohol does make you more carefree and happy, ignorance is a bliss. Beer's taste never bothered me and I adore wine. You guys must've had hella bitter wine, you gotta drink the delicious fruity wine. Wine is a rare luxoury I get to enjoy, so it's always nice to be sipping on wine in a wine glass. It makes me feel sophisticated.

Cigarettes just makes you feel calm and stimulated, but obviously it messes up your lungs. I personally don't care because I don't really want to die really old anyways, being old and weak must suck so who cares if you die at 60-70 instead of 80-90.

What most people fail to realize is to control the amount you drink or smoke, too much of anything is never good, whether it's orginally good or bad.

King~

Smash Champion
its just a diffrent matter from person to person for instance ive never been drunk but i have drank before

on the other hand ive been high every night this week(really stressful, had mid terms in three of my classes and a paper)

idk anything that puts some one "under the influence" will always be considered bad...........................shi

Dajayman

It's ironic that weed gets the most hate yet it's the least harmful of any drug out there. It seems after every recent study about weed that these studies not only disproves every bad rumor about weed, but proves the opposite of those negatives rumors.

And poor hemp, just being the same plant species as weed ropes it into weed hate. Hemp can't even get you high, yet it gets s*** on even though it would be an amazing solution to all of our modern problems.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Weed stimulates your mind in the same way that alcohol does. It just causes your brain to release chemicals that relieve stress and causes all state of mind changes. Weed is bad for you. No matter the intake method. Ignorance is bliss though I guess, especially when you are high.

No I have tried like literally every form of alcohol. **** is bad. My dad loves his wine and whenever he opens an expensive bottle, white or red(red is better), I try it and it doesn't do anything for me.

What you think happens and what actually happens are actually quite different while high as well. The majority of my friends in fact have smoked regularly at some point, or still do. There would always be situations whether we would be playing smash, or just hanging out, where people would be contemplating like you said you did in chess, but the ideas were either extremely simple minded/dumb, or what they said they did because of those ideas never actually happened. I have also noticed friends that randomly stare into space when sober after many years of consumption on a regular basis. Saying there are no consequences for smoking weed is ignorance as well. Nick developed a condition where a single hit of the mary jane causes instant paranoia. Whether it was caused by smoking weed is probably unable to be told, but the fact that weed is the trigger says enough for me.

Too much air can kill you. Too much water can kill you. The difference is, that you actually NEED those to live. Thinking you need smoke/liquor is a weakness imo.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
No one's weird about the concept, you just make us out to be weird about the concept. I've drank before, but beer sucks, and I really don't feel like acting like an idiot just to have fun when I can have fun sober. Like other people said, if it tastes good, sure, I'll drink it, but I really don't feel like getting drunk off the stuff. I've smoked before, and I actually didn't mind it, but it's not something I want to do all the time, that's just my choice. I have 0 problems with people doing it, I just don't want to do it myself.

Quik17

Smash Ace
No one's weird about the concept, you just make us out to be weird about the concept.
Pretty much this. I'm pretty sure almost everyone in IL has gotten drunk at one time or another.

Although sadly I have never tried drunken Smash :( Last time me and my friend got drunk we were supposed to play Smash but we ended up watching Glee for like 2 hours instead LOL

_Kain_

Smash Champion
Its not that we don't party lol. I mean I party alot like every weekend i have some family party or a friend inviting me to the club

Just....

The concept of drunk + smash doesn't appeal to me

Drunk + girls does or drunk + partying or dancing. But I have a gf. That and beer sucks n I don't get drunk just tipsy for many many reasons and I haven't smoked since HS so yeaaaaa

Dajayman

Weed doesn't kill brain cells, unlike alcohol. Weed doesn't make you dumber, smoking weed all day, doing s*** in school or just plain not going to school, and just being dumb in general does. Most people I know who smoke weed and are dumb were dumb before. People that I know that are more intelligent didn't seem to lose any intellect at all. In fact, I had pretty deep and interesting conversations with these people while high, easily the smartest conversations I've had in my life.

It isn't ignorance since I know how it feels to get dumber from a drug, that's what alcohol does. I know my body really well, I know for a fact if I drink myself stupid. Weed does not give me the same affect as alcohol, like I said it makes me overthink pretty much every single detail possible. Even the things you'd normally not think about because you just seem to miss it.

Alcohol I completely agree with. I actually hate drinking too much, because getting stupid isn't my idea of fun. Also drinking too much leads to stomach problems, headaches, and you just feel like s***. When I do drink, the most I prefer to drink is a bit past being buzzed. I won't and never will be a heavy drinker, it isn't worth it.

Zozefup

Smash Lord
It seems after every recent study about weed that these studies not only disproves every bad rumor about weed, but proves the opposite of those negatives rumors.
Jeeze. Do you actually believe marijuana has zero negative side effects or are you just trolling?

dude I know of christians who smoke, drink, and party every night

how is that even a sin?
because the Bible says so. duh.

Drunk + girls does or drunk + partying or dancing.
I don't get it. Girls does or drunk?

on the other hand ive been high every night this week(really stressful, had mid terms in three of my classes and a paper)
Jesus helps with stress far better than drugs. They've done studies.

Secondly, there are moral issues of mine against it. There were not instilled by anyone but myself.
There are trillions of cells in your body. Each cell has millions of strands of DNA. All the cells interact with each other near perfectly. You choose your actions, but most likely, a creator chose everything else :p

_Kain_

Smash Champion
I said smash+drunk doesnt appeal to me but drunk+girls DOES as in it does appeal to me and the other thing

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
Pretty much this. I'm pretty sure almost everyone in IL has gotten drunk at one time or another.
I'm probs the exception. LOL.

And DLA, I'm fully capable of 'partying'. Most people need a crutch like weed or alcohol to get themselves in a good mood (because of things like school, family, life, being told how amazing it is by friends, etc...). But I, like many, are capable of going into a party sober and having a good - if not better - time then those who get drunk/high.

There's also the plus side to actually remembering what happened when I wake up the next morning and not having a hangover :colorful:

And there's the even bigger plus side to nabbing a really drunk girl who's hot and actually enjoying the one night stand instead of drunkenly doing it :awesome: (I kid, I kid. LOL)

Dajayman, if you really want to disprove that weed is 'bad', go get some links, post them, and argue with them. Make sure they're credible sources, because otherwise you're just arguing an opinion and using 'studies' you've pulled out of your *** to argue that it's good.

And Sothe, I actually like the idea of Energy Pong. LOL. I'd play it!

/****

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
if anyone remembers elitegrimm, i went to his apartment at niu and partied a few times (until he disappeared). played smash drunk like once i think, it was actually kinda annoying. lol

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
lol well I gotta admit, I was semi-trolling. Though it was interesting reading through all of your answers :p

Our smashfests are still hella fun, so you can just ignore me if you guys really don't want to drink. You're missing out though :p

Umashi

Smash Cadet
I use to party and what not but now I'm on medicine so I can't anymore. That's my story!

Zozefup

Smash Lord
And there's the even bigger plus side to nabbing a really drunk girl who's hot and actually enjoying the one night stand instead of drunkenly doing it :awesome: (I kid, I kid. LOL)]
I think that is legally **** :/

Dajayman

I'd link a few sources to prove myself Kappy, but of course I'm using the iPod Touch so no copy+paste. All I can say for now is that based on my own experience I believe weed does not dumb my mind down. I've learned a long time ago to trust myself over anything else. I'm just tired of the ignorance of weed, weed is so harmless yet it receives way too much hate.

And Soth, Energy Pong sounds like a legit way to get a heart attack. I've never been a fan of energy drinks anyways, they're just a retatded substitute for proper food and a good nights sleep. If you sleep 7-9 hours and eat nutricious meals throughout the day I guarantee you won't need an energy drink.

ook

Smash Lord
I don't understand drinking games. If you're playing a drinking game, you obviously think drinking is a good thing. So why is drinking always the consequence for losing?

drinking should be the prize for winning

If you win beer pong, you should get to drink all that free beer that's left in your cups!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
I don't understand drinking games. If you're playing a drinking game, you obviously think drinking is a good thing. So why is drinking always the consequence for losing?

drinking should be the prize for winning

If you win beer pong, you should get to drink all that free beer that's left in your cups!
Implying that people like the taste of beer.

Vodka pong. That'll **** EVERYTHING in a 10 mile radius up. Double in every cup.

I use to party and what not but now I'm on medicine so I can't anymore. That's my story!
That sucks. What kind of medicine makes you partyproof?

Top Bottom