• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Illinois / Wisconsin Brawl Power Rankings Thread! *NEW UPDATE (1-22-12)*

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Hey noobs, don't forget about DK's Gamestop tournament this Saturday. It's at the Gamestop next to Screenz. What time is it at DK?

So stop planning other s*** and go to it. It's about time we start having things happen in Chicago.

Also my dream is to have a Pai Mei beard, but my goatee just looks like pubes if I don't trim it. :cry:

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I didn't even know DK was having a Gamestop tourney. I knew about his End of Summer one on the 18th of September (which I'm attending), but if he's having something else link me to it! Maybe we can plan a date around that to have a 'fest and go see Scott Pilgrim!

Friday does sound pretty good. Anyone else interested in getting together Friday?

EDIT: DLA, I'd be fine with paying for your ticket :colorful:

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I said I would like to do it Saturday. I didn't post any more info, since I haven't posted a thread for it.

Basically I work Saturday. So no can do. lol

Though I can talk to them and see if I can work and still run a tourney. XD

I'll get back to you on that one pretty soon.

But as of right now there is no Game Stop tourney yet. Those won't be happening until September at the earliest. =p

But I'll see if I can get anything set up for this Saturday.

And I will still plan on my other stuff. Hell, from the looks of it, the End of Summer tourney will be at Screenz since is a nice central location for the city players. Yeah suburban ones will have trouble, but this is to cater to city folk. =p

Hell Depaul players just have to walk a street to get there. >_>;

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I was thinking of adding Melee to the End of Summer tourney, but was not sure of what type of turn out it would get so I decided against it.

If I add it would I get a good turnout or should I just leave it at Brawl and hope that by having 1 smash game it would actually finish on time. =p

Oro?!

Smash Hero
You could just ask at the event who would want to enter. Guarantee Melee won't take 1/4 the time of Brawl. It will finish as fast as 2D fighters because the size of the event and it just goes faster.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
That is true. I will let people decide at the tourney. Since ti will be a good way to determine if we have set ups and how long it will take.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
Aww, I didn't know the Gamestop tournament was only a maybe. So now there really is nothing to do this weekend. :cry:

I don't want to see Scott Pilgrim because I'm a bit broke and I already saw it. But I'm down for the smashfest.

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
YEEES! All of you, get Skype and post your Skype names on here!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
I added you, Ook! I'm gamemasterdevil5 for everyone else I'll be adding in the near future :colorful:

Scythe

Smash Master
nothing like playing LoL with ook and spamming chat with OOOOOOOOOOOOOK everytime he gets a kill

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
To be able to more effectively communicate about carpooling and traveling to tournaments, as well as smashfests and get-togethers. And it serves as a better social chat than this thread. LOL.

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
i am u for a smashfest, I've seen Scott Pilgrim already and I am up for it being.. oh wait I have class in the morning... just realized as i was tying this (as in saturday morning) I don't think I will be making this :/!

Top Bottom