• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Smash Ace
I hope he's the only 3rd-party.
so jeux-france.this_is_BS WAS fake. haha! that means nobaby b00zer or WWLink.
(ridley though I think will make it)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
More like impossible for your opponent to break out ever, until they stop at least, then you die =P
This is not true. Under 40%, I can break out of players wobbling me consistently. I have yet to find one that can do it.

Over 40% it is a different story, but under 40% I can break out before the first grab attack (headbutt in this case).

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion

There is something odd about this screenshot.

WHAT THE HECK IS IT!?

Why have the climbers dropped their hammers??
If this is a taunt, when they're hit, will they lose them!?
Is this a taunt where they don't flinch? That'd be absurd!
I'm sure you'll agree it'll look odd if the hammers teleport
back into their hands when they shield cancel the taunt
or get hit with an attack...

Discuss...

EDIT:

THIS is their taunt. SO WHAT'S THE ABOVE!?

kirby_fox

Smash Apprentice

WHAT THE HECK IS IT!?

Discuss...

----

Final Smash.

Card

Smash Lord

WHAT THE HECK IS IT!?

Discuss...

EDIT:

I speculated two theories this morning when I saw the update;

1) The Beginning Start-up/Ending animation of their Final Smash
(Whatever their Final Smash may be, this animation could be the start-up part right before they get on-fire? or perhaps even the part after the Final Smash ends and they are no longer powered-up (or whatever their final smash may be))

2) The Return of Character Intros
(From Smash Bros 64, the animations that play right before a match begins. I can totally imagine 2 hammers being on the ground in the middle of the stage, then the Ice Climbers run up and do the pose in the screenshot, shortly afterwards pick up their hammers and the match begins)

I totally agree with you on how it would look weird if their hammers teleported back into their hands. Infact, I always believed that the precise reason that Ike has no knock-back during the beginning of Aether (Up+B) is because his Sword is not in his hands during that time, and once he grabs the sword he will recieve knock back.

What do you think?

dj asakura

Smash Ace
another theory i remember hearing is that maybe this means instead of teleporting to some random result screen, there's a victory pose at the end when you win

makes sense to me, but i like the character intro idea better

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice
2) The Return of Character Intros

hmmm..never thinked in this one, make total sense for me,

hope is this, the final smash sound strange cause no other final smash there is a comemoration from the character, so don't believe this

hope the intros comeback, that was sooo coool

Card

Smash Lord
This is pathetic. Sakurai better save himself with a Sonic update next week or he'll be on strike 3.
lmao

boo hoo? cry just a bit more please.

You're just being a spoiled brat, that is all. Name me one other developper who gives the public daily updates and insider information about a game that won't be released almost half a year in advance? If anything you should be thanking Sakurai for taking the time to do these updates, otherwise you would only have 2 trailers to satisfy all your Smash information until December 3rd. But instead... you do nothing but complain and whine about something he is doing specifically for you, the public fan-base.

Never satisfied, I swear.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
This is pathetic. Sakurai better save himself with a Sonic update next week or he'll be on strike 3.
What... do you expect him to give us 3rd party unlockable characters RIGHT NOW? >_>

The Ice Climbers update was the best update in a long time. Having such a debated character confirmed is always great.

Pit 42

Smash Lord
lmao

You're just being a spoiled brat, that is all. Name me one other developper who gives the public daily updates and insider information about a game that won't be released almost half a year in advance? If anything you should be thanking Sakurai for taking the time to do these updates, otherwise you would only have 2 trailers to satisfy all your Smash information until December 3rd. But instead... you do nothing but complain and whine about something he is doing specifically for you, the public fan-base.

Seriously, I like the updates, but really, what a waste of memory space.

I'M being a spoiled brat?! You must've cried your *** off in joy when you saw the update. You realize that 1% of smashers wanted them in? It's not my fault I'm not a minority.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

I'M being a spoiled brat?! You must've cried your *** off in joy when you saw the update. You realize that 1% of smashers wanted them in? It's not my fault I'm not a minority.
Please tell me where you got such statistics from.

Chaudgobay

Smash Apprentice

but ur atitude was some disrespect to that 1%

and i think sonic will need much more time to apear in site, even snake that is in a brawl movie dont apeared in the site

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

WHAT THE HECK IS IT!?

Discuss...

EDIT:

Maybe character's do their victory dances/poses/whatever while on the field.

i.e., Ice Climbers got first here, so they show their animation on the field, then the other characters are in the bottom in the "2nd place", "3rd place" boxes clapping.

Just a thought, but I kinda like that idea.

Card

Smash Lord

haha wow, your idiocy and ignorance is simply mind blowing!

I don't even know what to respond to that... It's just such a ridiculously weak argument that has such a flimsy foundation.

How I, or the other Ice Climber fans, reacted when we saw this updated has absolutely nothing to do with you being nothing but a spoiled brat. I have never once taken one of Sakurai's updated for granted, and bashed on it or Sakurai, for being a garbage update. You on the other hand, don't seem to realized that you are completely taking this priviledge of getting information before a game is release, and actually complaining about it.

Metaphorically speaking, It's almost as if we're all standing at the bottom of a building and Sakurai is throwing tons of 20$ bills in the sky for us to catch. You would be the spoiled brat standing there who actually has the audacity to complain that Sakurai isn't throwing 100$ bills instead.

Just save yourself the embarrasment and stop posting.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I never really cared for Ice Climbers, and I was also one of the people who thought they wouldn't come back for some reason (no, the rumor from last year has nothing to do with the basis of my opinion). =)

I sure got a slap in the face this morning, lol. Anywho, good to see them return. This time around, I hope Sakurai made them better when they split. Someone brought up the idea of giving Popo a tether recovery when he's alone. I think that's pretty cool.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC

One percent? WTF?

D

Deleted member

yeah, I hate ice climbers. The double character experiment was a resounding failure, and the fact that nintendo kept them in, especially as the same character, means that they are intentionally screwing their game up. I'm not touching it.

Smash Ace
lmao

truth. everyone loved the ICs because they're notorious for 0-to-death combos... or at least that was what I was told.
I hope Sakurai posts a notice on Monday that simp;ly says: "Sonic is not is. suck it up."

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
yeah, I hate ice climbers. The double character experiment was a resounding failure, and the fact that nintendo kept them in, especially as the same character, means that they are intentionally screwing their game up. I'm not touching it.
Your opinion...

Fawriel

Smash Master
*points at title*

It's "they're".
I'd be thankful if that was corrected.
Sorry, I'm picky about language.

Sarcasm, right?

Right?

Chaos Paladin

Smash Journeyman
o please your a bunch of babys. You should be hapy there in. if you dont like them dont use them >.<. It adds more unique charecters and a wider charecter selection. I find them to be alot of fun and im glad there in.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
By the sword of Ken, it's UmbreonMow!

Why do you hate ICs so much? They're broken but no more than other characters...

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody else like them as characters and not only because of their moves and abilities?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Does anybody else like them as characters and not only because of their moves and abilities?
I'm not a pro player so any character I like is because of them and their history...not because of their moves or how high they are on the tier list

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Fix the thread title...

The Official Ice Climbers Thread: THEY'RE IN

Top Bottom