• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

This is pathetic. Sakurai better save himself with a Sonic update next week or he'll be on strike 3.
I'm sure Sakurai is stricken with fear as to what happens when he gets 3 strikes other than you crying yourself to sleep.

Anywho, I liked the Ice Climbers they were really cool! I'm glad to see that they are back

Lemon Drop

Smash Lord
Woot! Ice Climbers rule! They return!

Bring it on Haters, admit it, you suck major ****ing *** with them and thats the only reason you hate them.

Takalth

Smash Ace
Fix the thread title...

The Official Ice Climbers Thread: THEY'RE IN
Buzz, you beat me to everything, so I'll just second this. A grammatical error in the middle of a paragraph isn't a big deal, but a bolded one in a thread title really ought to be fixed.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
dont let these cute fluffy eskimos fool u their lethal! plus as if losing wasnt humiliating enough u'll relize u lost to two ******* in fluffy coats

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
dont let these cute fluffy eskimos fool u their lethal! plus as if losing wasnt humiliating enough u'll relize u lost to two ******* in fluffy coats

Fawriel

Smash Master
Does anybody else like them as characters and not only because of their moves and abilities?
*raises hand*

They were my first "main" because I just loved how cute they were, their relationship, their appearance, their style, their victory fanfare...

...I'm a sucker for cuteness. :(

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
No one can resist their fuzzy coats and noseless little faces!

They should have given Nana eyelashes though :dizzy:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
i like how i read somewhere that someone said they wouldn't be in because of the footstool jump. IN YO FACE.
Well that doesn't make any sense...

Ironic they are using it in one of their pics though if that was actually said.

Truegamer#1

Smash Ace
*Hopes for G&W to return as well*

I seriously doubt that G&W will return,
Hes all black, there will be nothing for the team of Hal Lab. Inc. to upgrade,(meanig giving more detail on the characters)
The best thing they can do is give him New moves, And something completely new on his Final Smash
Ice Climbers have alot more detailed look then Melee, have you seen their hammers?
their all beat up, they been smashing for six years now, just about...

paralasalud

Smash Ace
Well that doesn't make any sense...

Ironic they are using it in one of their pics though if that was actually said.
yeah i was pointing out the irony in the footstool being used in sakurai's picture.
someone argued that just because nana wouldn't be able to footstool that they wouldn't be in. and someone else counter argued and said something like "well what about only one of them being able to get on the ledge? it's accepted as a IC weakness." sorry i don't know who to give credit to who said what.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
Hes all black, there will be nothing for the team of Hal Lab. Inc. to upgrade,(meanig giving more detail on the characters)
The best thing they can do is give him New moves, And something completely new on his Final Smash
Ice Climbers have alot more detailed look then Melee, have you seen their hammers?
Not everything needs to be new... If anything I think G&W has a higher chance of returning, because he doesn't need graphic updates. They just need to transfer his data over, and maybe tweak his moves. Sounds a lot easier then adding a clone character. >_>

And @ the other people IC's are awesome. Stop hating.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
Did you even see the first trailer of Super Smash Brothers Brawl? Tell me what extreme graphical update Kirby got when compared by the other characters. By that notion your saying Kirby shouldn't be in because he didn't have an extreme graphical update.

Mr. G and W is by far the most unique character in Melee. He's a retro character. There is no reason to get rid of a perfectly unique character like him. One could argue that he's even more important than the IC's.

-Knight

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Ah, this was a bit delayed on my part but.

Congratulations!

I was sure they wouldn't get kicked out, I never actually used them other than a few trial runs. But I don't think that there was a real good reason they should be taken out. And here we are looking at them on the Dojo, revamped with newer looking graphics. Awesome.

-Onyx

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
I tried to use them but sucked so hard!!

In reality i would like all characters to return.... but players like the Icies need some tweak-.... because playing as them is so complicated.-...

The problem with this guys is that u not aonly have to be carefull about your opponent, but you must almost play a minigame there to save nana!

i think things like these need to be improved...

But good for the Ics!

burrito

Smash Lord
What do yuo guys think the Ice Climbers final smash will be? Maybe it will include the condor somehow, or freeze the stage and/or opponents or something.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm hoping it's a massive blizzard. That would be so incredibly awesome! ^_^

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
Happy Day!!

I was never convinced for a second that ICs would be cut. They are too unique, it would be a shame if they didn't make it back. I loved using them.

I wouldn't mind some tweaking, though. Maybe if Nana is a little better at staying nearby, or if some moves, like the down b, were a little more useful, they could be even better!

I wouldn't be surprised if their FS is a blizzard that freezes enemies. That would be appropriate. It would be so cute if it left little bits of snow that linger on the stage after its over!! awww! Those ICs are too adorable!

Also, are Nana and Popo sister and brother, or are they Gf-Bf/ wife-husband? Is it officially stated anywhere? Let me know.

burrito

Smash Lord
Actually, it would be neat if the Condor was a boss in subspace emissary.

A blizzard/avalanche does sound good for the ice climbers, it fits them.

burrito

Smash Lord
hmmmmmm.... to be honest i dont see how that can work for the Condor...its most likely going to be an assist Trophy
Well, the boss fight could work in a lot of ways. Petey's boss battle is nothing like the boss battles against him in Mario Sunshine. Maybe, the condor drops vegetables on you, flying down and attacking you every once in a while. Maybe, you actually ride on top of the condor while struggling to fight it and stay on it with enemies coming at you and winds blowing in all kinds of different directions.

It would just be really neat if you had to climb up Icicle Mountain and then ran into the condor at the top and had to fight him. It would be a lot like the game.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
Well, the boss fight could work in a lot of ways. Petey's boss battle is nothing like the boss battles against him in Mario Sunshine. Maybe, the condor drops vegetables on you, flying down and attacking you every once in a while. Maybe, you actually ride on top of the condor while struggling to fight it and stay on it with enemies coming at you and winds blowing in all kinds of different directions.

It would just be really neat if you had to climb up Icicle Mountain and then ran into the condor at the top and had to fight him. It would be a lot like the game.
hmm....tru...u do bring up a good point (^^)v

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I'm pretty sure their FS will be some huge ice attack. I can't imagine what else it could be.

I think it'd be nice if their Final Smash was an avalanche. Like Popo and Nana both turn to the background and yell. Shortly afterwards a bunch of snow falls onto the stage dealing alot of damage and freezing the foes. Or something like that... >_>;

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
I think it'd be nice if their Final Smash was an avalanche. Like Popo and Nana both turn to the background and yell. Shortly afterwards a bunch of snow falls onto the stage dealing alot of damage and freezing the foes. Or something like that... >_>;
or maybe u have to press buttons at a proper Rhythm which will make them bash a wall of ice and snow to increase the damge of an Avalance:)

or maybe u have to press buttons at a proper Rhythm which will make them bash a wall of ice and snow to increase the damge of an Avalance:)
Lol that post made me think of something funny. Like what if Donkey Kong uses his final smash in the Ice Climbers stage and an avalanche comes and kills him

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
I bet only the one that grabs the smash ball does the final smash. That's how other items work with them, only the one who picks up the item can use it. So their FS probably won't be an attack involving both of them.

Top Bottom