• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Actually, given that they are very floaty, have no wavedashing, and DI and Smash DI has increased exponentially (that means no more dair chain grabs), it is more than likely the ICs will not be that great.
But due to the fact that there are two of them, and their smashes are most likely going to be some of the strongest in the game, the Ice Climbers aren't going to be that bad. Heck, I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty easy to win with them aswell.

Brawl is a different game, we can't keep on thinking they'll be the same as they are in Melee. They could be so good that they're banned from tournaments in Brawl for all we know. :laugh:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
But due to the fact that there are two of them, and their smashes are most likely going to be some of the strongest in the game, the Ice Climbers aren't going to be that bad. Heck, I'm pretty sure it'll be pretty easy to win with them aswell.

Brawl is a different game, we can't keep on thinking they'll be the same as they are in Melee. They could be so good that they're banned from tournaments in Brawl for all we know. :laugh:
Except most characters haven't been changed that much >_>

hold onto your pipe dream though

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol making nana a lvl 9 cpu would make the character pretty unfair. imagine if nana was lvl 9 in melee.... which means perfect grab priority timing, power shields, and harsh di (leading to nigh impossible combo breakers)

i'm pretty sure they'll make her AI better as far as following popo goes, but making her smarter would be shenanigans!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Well, yeah. If that was the case, any n00b player could just pick the Icies, run around randomly and have Nana destroy his n00b opponent.

Does Melee's Nana actually operate like any normal type of CPU? From what I heard and experienced, if anything, she randomly switches between all 9 levels in a matter of seconds.

I think that Nana should be able to follow Popo nigh perfectly... and when they get separated, she should gain perfect evasive skills and try to get back to him as quickly as possible.
Although, that would probably make desyncing really hard, wouldn't it?

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
No, I mean, when she's been separated from Popo, she should not just stand there with her mittens up her *** like she does in melee, but should at the very least do some attack. And if she's falling off the level, she should try and recover more than just a double jump.
I didn't mean she should be independent and act on her own, but when she's alone, should have some survival and defensive instincts.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
No, I mean, when she's been separated from Popo, she should not just stand there with her mittens up her *** like she does in melee, but should at the very least do some attack. And if she's falling off the level, she should try and recover more than just a double jump.
I didn't mean she should be independent and act on her own, but when she's alone, should have some survival and defensive instincts.
uhmm..when u mean alone...do u mean when Popo gets KO'ed or when ppl just separate the ice climbers???

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
oh you have a point kabyk, lol. she likes to stand there a lot (which, actually, i really don't mind.) but her taunting is what ticks me off...

lol also that bit about her recovery: she pretty much doesn't have a recovery move. the cpu doesn't know how to mash B to recover with squall, also nana can't even use the up-B move, only popo can.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
oh you have a point kabyk, lol. she likes to stand there a lot (which, actually, i really don't mind.) but her taunting is what ticks me off...

lol also that bit about her recovery: she pretty much doesn't have a recovery move. the cpu doesn't know how to mash B to recover with squall, also nana can't even use the up-B move, only popo can.
or Nana if Popo is the CPU instead (^^)v

sheikattack

Smash Cadet
Why wouldn't Ice Climbers be back in Brawl? They are obviously the only possibilities from their game, and were fun to play in Melee. They probably won't be as good as in Melee, though...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I can't wait to discover how they work. I'd be very sad if there weren't methods of de-synchronization and dual combos; that's part of what makes them so rewarding to play.

But you can bet I'll try and be at the forefront of finding out what makes them broken ^_^

dj asakura

Smash Ace
wobbles, i'm right there with you.

but in all honestly i'm really sick of hearing people say how much the IC's are going to suck in brawl because there's no wavedashing. thats not a very valid argument since we're not talking about melee. who knows how exactly they'll change in brawl, wavedashing isnt the deciding factor of how good someone will be in a totally new game

peachy!

super princess
Oh well...

Ice Climbers really suck! For Brawl, it would be cool if they had this that when Popo gets killed, you can play as Nana :ohwell:

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
Haha, as much as I think that'd be funny, it'd be pretty stupid. That's no diff than giving you two lives. Won't happen, but funny to think of how it would be if it did...

WooICYU

Smash Journeyman
That'd be kind of weird, but yeah Just like 2 lives. My friends that i play IC's against comment that if nana should get hurt, popo should recieve that damage. But i think thats a little unfair.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, i'll call that being a HUGELY unfair gimp if that was how it worked. but being able to play as nana after popo dies would be giving you twice as much stock as the other characters which isnt fair to them.

i really wanna see a movelist for them though. that and some gameplay footage would be sexy so we can finally start some legit speculation/conversation about them

dj asakura

Smash Ace
yea, i was going to point that out.

after seeing the new screens from their stage i'm going to have to say that desynchs are def. going to possible.

i smell an infinite possibilities video coming from brawl, haha

Elec Man EXE

Smash Apprentice
I never played IC, so this is probably nooby, but... why the crap does a Condor look like a Pterodactyl? Is that just its name, or what?

Barbeque

Smash Journeyman
It's cool that there back and all, but it'll suck if wavedashing or something related doesn't make it into brawl, they'll probably be lower on the tier list. At the same time I'm glad though because there will be completely new advanced moves instead.

Noshiee

Smash Ace
It's cool that there back and all, but it'll suck if wavedashing or something related doesn't make it into brawl, they'll probably be lower on the tier list. At the same time I'm glad though because there will be completely new advanced moves instead.
well, they have shown screenshots of the ICs doing different actions, you know, desynched. (The Summit update, ICs update). So, if WD is out, probably there is a new form to desynch them, and because it has been shown in pictures, maybe is more dynamic and easy, and actually intended.

Top Bottom