• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ice Climbers Thread

Primetime84

Smash Cadet
This is pathetic. Sakurai better save himself with a Sonic update next week or he'll be on strike 3.

Dudee if nething IMO Sonic would be the biggest adition 2 the roster. If he is in the game don't expect him to come anytime soon. Also I can see them finally updating sonic, snake, G&W or more new characters close 2 the end. I hope I don't have 2 wait much longer for G&W it's killing me not to know!!!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Please tell me this update ensures the uniques from Melee are returning.

Mewtwo
G&W
Marth perhaps, if Ike isnt exactaly like him
Ganondorf (His moves are bound to be changed.)
Falco (Perhaps, but it doesnt seem very likely)
Ya, that should happen [and Falco isn't leaving, unless Sakurai is as dumb as a f***ing rock]. IMO, the only character that needs to go is Doc [alternate MArio outfit], and Pichu I suppose. Even Roy and Shiek deserve to return IMO, both being fun characters, and Shiek very original. :)

I made it myself with Photoshop. It's actually part of a Wallpaper I'm working on, but I decided to make a smaller version into a signature.
AWSOME SIG! Period! :)

And I smell Shiek being in or out soon, since we're getting the Melee starters first. Seriously, the only Melee starters missing are Shiek, Captain Falcon, and Ness. But I don't feel Ness or Captain Falco appearing yet, since they were secret characters in SSB64 [assuming Shiek is in Brawl]. I'm definitely awaiting Captain Falcon and Ness' arrival, definitely! :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, did Popo and Nana have any ultimate attack moves in the game Ice Climbers? FS are usually extracted from powerful moves or best moves.
They could jump, collect vegtables, and break tiles above them with their hammer...

that's about it

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
^^Eh... Wha? :confused:

As far as the Ice Climbers' Final Smash in concerned, how about 'Infinite Glacier'? Fun little SSBM reference aside, I think that it'd be cool for the ICs to activate a glacier (that starts out as either one of their ice blocks or a Freezie) that goes on to breifly encompass the entire stage...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Somehow, I get the feeling that the Ice Climbers will have two versions of their Final Smash: one when both are present and then one with just a single Climber thats less powerful...

A way to picture this: imagine the avalanche Final Smash thats going around - with both Popo and Nana the avalanche comes from either side of the screen, but with only Popo the avalanche would only come from one side of the screen...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well, did Popo and Nana have any ultimate attack moves in the game Ice Climbers? FS are usually extracted from powerful moves or best moves.
In Ice Climber, all you do is jump, shoot icicles, attack with your hammers, and spin around and stuff. However, the final smash should be called FINAL FREEZE! XD

They simply grab the smash ball, and their nB turns into Final Freeze, in which they can use it for a limited time. It is unblockable, and basically unavoidable with the side dodge [since it's so huge]. all you can do is jump over it, jump and air dodge, etc. It's basically the same thing, but bigger, and freezes you a bit longer. That'd be neat! :)

Or of course, one of the two [Nana or Popo] could go on a crazy suicide strike [and you can't control them], beating the crap out of your opponents [AI controls them btw], at a good skill level, while being super powerful. At the same time, you [the other Ice Climber] are super powerful, and can do the same things and stuff! That'd be intresting=double character power boost! :) I think I'll call it Double ****** Strike! :p

In Pokemon Stadium 2 when the field changes to Ice the ice climbers will be the only ones who aren't sliding around. That should be an after effect of their final smash, to make the stage have low traction... Lol, watch luigi run forward and then fly off the stage

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think for they're final smash, they should freeze the platforms on the stage, making them slippery. The Ice Climbers are immune to slippery platforms, so I think it'd be funny for them to be walking around normally while all the other characters are slipping. There could also be a hail storm I suppose, causing light, non-flinching damage to opponents.

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
What's weird is they had low traction in Melee- hope that glitch in common sense will be fixed.
I cheered at this update. They just look so amazing now- visible threads, fuzzy lining, dark-brown leather gloves, wood-grain (chipped, too) hammers- This will be awesome!
I wonder if they'll kick people this time around; it would be incredibly cruel, seeing as they're wearing cleats.
I like the idea of a double avalanche for their Final Smash. It shouldn't be a hailstorm- Pit's Final Smash just seemed pitiful to me.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
What's weird is they had low traction in Melee- hope that glitch in common sense will be fixed.
I cheered at this update. They just look so amazing now- visible threads, fuzzy lining, dark-brown leather gloves, wood-grain (chipped, too) hammers- This will be awesome!
I wonder if they'll kick people this time around; it would be incredibly cruel, seeing as they're wearing cleats.
I like the idea of a double avalanche for their Final Smash. It shouldn't be a hailstorm- Pit's Final Smash just seemed pitiful to me.
I totally agree with everything what u just said...even Pit's FS seemed....Blah...

I say they freeze everyone and then hit them with a HUGE hammer, BAM
No Wait ...how about they hve Giant Ice Hammers as big as Giga Bowser XDDDD start doing crazy @$$ comboes with that and freezes ppl.... XDD

burrito

Smash Lord
Funny how a character with spikes on the bottom of their shoes has low traction.
Actually, if I remember correctly, on things like the UFO in Fourside (where characters' walking usually gets screwed up), the Ice Climbers can walk normally because of their spiked shoes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Actually, if I remember correctly, on things like the UFO in Fourside (where characters' walking usually gets screwed up), the Ice Climbers can walk normally because of their spiked shoes.
I know they're immune to slippery surfaces, but it's funny that they have low traction (like Luigi, just not as much) anyway despite their spiked shoes, when you might think they should have low traction (like Captain Falcon) because of them.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I knew they were going to come back.
I'm just wondering about their moveset and Nana. Their moves are unique, but some of them seem rather...stale to me, hard to explain. But I hope their moves have much more oomph than they do in Melee, if you know what I mean.
Nana? Well, I think she'll be much smarter, and playing as IC's will actually feel like you have two characters instead of a big brother whose handicapped little sister imitates to her best ability her older brother via visuals but fails miserably.
And why can't she get back on the stage by herself? Even if she's just a lame AI, she's still supposed to be a conscious being, and she side-b or whatnot to at least try and get back on stage. (this is if Popo isn't around)

And I always did wonder about the traction deal.

burrito

Smash Lord
I know they're immune to slippery surfaces, but it's funny that they have low traction (like Luigi, just not as much) anyway despite their spiked shoes, when you might think they should have low traction (like Captain Falcon) because of them.
Oh, okay, I was just pointing out that their shoes aren't totally useless.

JPW

Smash Ace
I see an Avalanche for a final smash or a freeze storm.

With the freeze storm where opponents get slightly frozen and it's harder to move around.

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
I seriously hope their FS incorporates a legion of Mr Freezies somehow.

I was never a fan of the Ice Climbers in Melee, but this recent update has got me thinking: "**** those bright coats look good."

Odlanier

Smash Apprentice
What's weird is, in the screenshot where Popo is using Blizzard, Nana is getting ready to use it in the same direction. Maybe they just landed?

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
If anything new should come out of their return it should be Popo's independance. He really needs to be able perform as good without Nana, like maybe a completely new ^B, i don't know what but it needs to be something that he can perform without her. i was so sick of playing as them when you lose her and everything about him was pretty much cut in half.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
If anything new should come out of their return it should be Popo's independance. He really needs to be able perform as good without Nana, like maybe a completely new ^B, i don't know what but it needs to be something that he can perform without her. i was so sick of playing as them when you lose her and everything about him was pretty much cut in half.
It's kind of their "thing".

Top Bottom